Subject: Discard pile public knowledge? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Abrahamse
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
Is the discard pile public? If I've forgotten whether Mornington Crescent has come up can I look in the pile to check?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Allwood
United Kingdom
Whitley Bay
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that there are specific rules about this. Some groups like to play with counters that mark on the board which stations have gone, but I think that there should be a memory aspect to the game and wouldn't expect people to look through the discard pile. I think that you just need to come to a consensus with your gaming group as to what their preference is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the memory aspect also...Which sadly doesn't always help me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bleasdale
United Kingdom
Windsor
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
pabraham wrote:
Is the discard pile public? If I've forgotten whether Mornington Crescent has come up can I look in the pile to check?

This issue has deliberately not been specified in the rules. There are a lot of different groups with a lot of differing views on what degree of memory is appropriate in a game, and I believe it is best for each group to come up with a decision which is appropriate for them.

Speaking personally, when I play On the Underground, the rule I follow is that players are not allowed to look at the discard pile - however if asked I do try to let people know which stations, to the best of my memory, have been visited. However, other groups have the information open, or indeed mark each station when the Passenger visits it, and I think that these options are also perfectly fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.