Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I gather from the rules, but I want to make sure because it's not explicitely stated in the rulebook:

Weather modifiers are applied to the TOTAL number of points the Mosquito gets into one hex.
(For instance, if two fighters enter the Mosquito's hex, and the Mosquito is at high altitude and there's a cloud present, the total would be 1 VP for each fighter, minus one for the cloud, for a total of 1 VP.)

Whereas fighters seem to be affecte by clouds on an individual basis.
(For instance, the bomber (flying high) enters a hex with two high-altitude fighters and a cloud. Each fighter gets 2 VPs minus 1 for the cloud, for a total of 2 VPs.)

Is this right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
weishaupt wrote:
This is what I gather from the rules, but I want to make sure because it's not explicitely stated in the rulebook:

Weather modifiers are applied to the TOTAL number of points the Mosquito gets into one hex.
(For instance, if two fighters enter the Mosquito's hex, and the Mosquito is at high altitude and there's a cloud present, the total would be 1 VP for each fighter, minus one for the cloud, for a total of 1 VP.)

****Correct. It does state on the VP chart that the situations depicted on the chart subtract form the total.

weishaupt wrote:

Whereas fighters seem to be affecte by clouds on an individual basis.
(For instance, the bomber (flying high) enters a hex with two high-altitude fighters and a cloud. Each fighter gets 2 VPs minus 1 for the cloud, for a total of 2 VPs.)

***Also correct. And if you look on the VP chart it does say "per fighter squadron".

Zev Shlasinger, President
Z-Man Games, Inc.
www.zmangames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lind
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
My favorite response to anyone's question about how something happened.
badge
Really, Mom, I was just sittin' here mindin' my own business!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's my interpretation as well. We played 3 nights this afternoon and it seemed to work out to keep the game close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.