GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,203 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Twilight Games Clearance Sale rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of good stuff at really good prices.

http://www.twilightgamesinc.com/c-107-clearance.aspx?utm_sou...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good deals... but they suspended their free shipping deal during the sale. Makes it not as great a deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
if they would only let me pick up the games to save on shipping I would probably buy 5 or 6 at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Metal. Finally got a copy of Railroad Tycoon for a decent price. Shipping cost me my first born, but I didn't like him much anyway.

Thanks for the tip!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
jpancier wrote:
Metal. Finally got a copy of Railroad Tycoon for a decent price. Shipping cost me my first born, but I didn't like him much anyway.

Thanks for the tip!

Yup, I made sure to snatch up my Railroad Tycoon before posting the deal.
However, I live one state away, so shipping wasn't bad for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had Railroad Tycoon in my cart---put in my card number--then it was gone.....GRRRRRRRR

Ah well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cole
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have them ship to Canada? Int'l shipping prices seem reasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Trent
United States
Yukon
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Prices aren't that great. I have 8 games in my cart, and the price shipped is $2.46 less than the same order at ThoughHammer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
If shipping for David is too high to make it worthwhile (MO to OK) then I'm not even going to bother looking as it would be MO to NH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
If shipping for David is too high to make it worthwhile (MO to OK) then I'm not even going to bother looking as it would be MO to NH

Yep, MO to CA will be bad...

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But 32.98 for RRT... Even with horrendous shipping that would have been great. Ah well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered 8 games (with big games like RRT in the mix) and shipping was only 10 bucks. Seems reasonable to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Chad!

I think this deal works best for those looking at a medium order (not enough to qualify for free shipping on thoughthammer, but enough to spread out shipping on multiple games)

I bought four games for about $85.00, which was $0.09 more than the thoughthammer price, but considering I would have had to spend $40.00 more to get that free shipping, I think this was the better deal. (Complaining about no free shipping in this case would be a prime example of "Penny-wise, but pound-foolish."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought two games anyways and shipping was $7 to the same city shake

Oh well, they had the Sudoku card game and 10DIA for cheap which I needed to buy for x-mas presents anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Ksenzakovic
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, How much was shipping for this order. I am curious.
With Thoughthammer's flat rate of $8.00, if shipping was more than that you paid more than you should have.

JVKhoury wrote:
Thanks Chad!

I think this deal works best for those looking at a medium order (not enough to qualify for free shipping on thoughthammer, but enough to spread out shipping on multiple games)

I bought four games for about $85.00, which was $0.09 more than the thoughthammer price, but considering I would have had to spend $40.00 more to get that free shipping, I think this was the better deal. (Complaining about no free shipping in this case would be a prime example of "Penny-wise, but pound-foolish."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XIII wrote:
Hi, How much was shipping for this order. I am curious.
With Thoughthammer's flat rate of $8.00, if shipping was more than that you paid more than you should have.

JVKhoury wrote:
Thanks Chad!

The $85 was INCLUDING shipping. [$74.xx + $10.xx for s/h] At thoughthammer, I would have paid $93 with a flat rate. [$84.xx + $8.00 s/h] I qouted the thoughthammer price for the GAMES only, since most people opt to buy lots and get the free shipping, sorry for the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    Tanga-killer.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wessman
Netherlands
Breda
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Argh! I had about a dozen items in my cart when their site went down "for maintenance"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twilight Games
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
D_Wessman wrote:
Argh! I had about a dozen items in my cart when their site went down "for maintenance"!

Sorry about that David! Several folks were kind enough to write in and let us know about the database problem, which we corrected as soon as possible. Your cart items should have been saved, so hopefully you were able to complete your purchase okay.

I see some folks are upset about the shipping prices. I wish we could offer free shipping on these orders, but we're literally selling games VERY close to our cost, so we had to at least recoup our shipping fees. Yes, it's padded a dollar or two to cover the price of boxes and labor, but we're keeping costs as low as possible!

Thanks so much to the BGG community for your overwhelming response! See you at BGG.con!

-Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Aylott
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jpancier wrote:
Shipping cost me my first born, but I didn't like him much anyway.

Dude, a word of advice -- always sell the younger kid. You'll get a better price (less depreciation), and you don't have to wait as long for the kid that's left to grow up and play games with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.