Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Hanley
Scotland
Glasgow
Strathclyde
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ivan - My second play and another enjoyable outing. Godfrey managed to put some nicely complementary purple 6-point cards into play and deserved the victory. This was Colin's first play so he was at a bit of a disadvantage. It was interesting to note that he tried a chapel strategy and, as in our first game, this building failed to be competitive.
Godfrey - This is hugely enjoyable. Not as gamey as PR, but with enough going on to ensure it is both entertaining and taxing. I know I will play this often.

Jonathan - I enjoy this game immensely. Your strategy is determined to a certain degree by your opening hand and there is also a degree of luck as shown by Godfrey's multiple bonus building finale. I still prefer this over Puerto Rico as it's a much slicker game in my opinion. Hopefully this will appear for replay soon.

Colin - I was looking forward to playing this as the other players had played it before and gave it positive reviews. It didn't disappoint and although I did suffer to a degree because I hadn't played before which meant that there were some of the cards I didn't understand, I still liked it a lot. Like TTR above it is a nice length of a game. I did buy a chapel but I wouldn't call it a chapel strategy, I only got the chapel about half way through the game and it made me 4 invested cards plus its own building score worth of victory points, this is more than a hero's 5VP for instance but the downside is it costs cards to feed. I havn't made my mind up therefore if it is a good card or not. What I did miss out on through inexperience though was the big victory point monument type cards at the end of the game, as the results show I was on par with building points but my Bonus score lagged well behind the others. I will need to improve by a fair degree before I am on par with the other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.