Belgium
Nieuwerkerken
flag msg tools
badge
Don't touch me, but please Do!
mbmbmbmbmb

mb

Shadowrun: Crossfire Campaign Mission I

I started a “Campaign” like series and thought to share it here – My 4 runners (Sisay, Zurgo, Thrun and Juzam ‘The Djinn’) have +40 Karma each, and I’m curious to see how far they get (I will allow myself three attempts per mission).

Campaign path:

Mission I: Against the Ancient (Introductory)
Mission II: Close the Portal (Normal) mb Link to Mission II here
Mission III: Crossfire (Normal) mb Link to Mission III here
Mission IV: Freefire-For-All (Normal) mb Link to Mission IV here
Mission V: Extraction (Advanced +5 Karma) mb Link to Mission V here
Mission VI: Two Corridor Assault (Advanced +5 Karma) mb Link to Mission VI here
Mission VII: Crazy Katie’s Combat Towing (Advanced +25 Karma) mb Link to Mission VII here
Mission VIII: Into the Ork Underground (Advanced +30 Karma) mb Link to Mission VIII here
Mission IX: Pandemic (Very advanced +40 Karma) mb Link to Mission IX here
Mission X: Dragon Fight (Very advanced +70 Karma)

Mission I : Against the Ancient + TIR INTERVENTION

Those Elves are wealthy. Wealthy and narcissistic. The team only cares for the first. When a mission is announced to go against the Ancient, there is always big competition. And there is always someone who want to spoil your plans. Not different with this mission. Someone tipped the dandelion eaters about Sisay and her team coming after the Credstick!

Against the Ancient + TIR INTERVENTION Mission highlights

On the first scene Sisay showed off with her weapon skills. Notable with some help from Juzam, who Sisay ordered to Assist. All together this attack resulted in a very successful killing spree.

Next the team had to take some beating. An Elf Blademaster showed up and attacked twice. The second time it hit both Sisay and Zurgo < “It’s Getting Real” > Both Sisay and Zurgo got Staggered. If the Threshold on the Elf would have triggered it was already game over for the team. But fortunately the Threshold was only 2.
Sisay ordered her Troll companions over the commlink to finish of the Blademaster. And with just enough fire power that Elf was killed. Sisay and Zurgo healed back to 1HP and Sisay bought herself the perfect weapon to start the final fight. Aztechnology Striker.

The Final act Sisay immediately used her Aztechnology Striker. With 1 HP left it could go all directions. But with strong firepower the battle was tipped in the favor of the team.
A special mention for Zurgo in this final act. Who healed Sisay twice from being Staggered. While the two Trolls fired like crazy. A great display of dedication from the team towards their leader. Which ended in a successful run.

Damage track

mb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mb
mbmbmb
mbmbmb
mb
mbmb
mb
mbmb
mb
mbmb
mbmbmb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb

The first four sessions I will do a team introduction, one-by-one. Starting with Sisay.
When the complete team has been introduced (thus, if I make it to mission V). I will try to zoom in on tactical aspects of Shadowrun: Crossfire.

Team member Introduction : Sisay

Female Human Drone Rigger Street Samurai
Sisay - Leader of the pack, heavily augmented, more Robot then Human

Sisay, A former NeoNET Agent, One of the best. Until she was accused for leaving traces on one of her jobs. When looking back it all had to do with a promotion. She was the top candidate for the position… Just until the allegations. The person responsible for accusing Sisay was given the position shortly after. Which never is a coincidence in the Sixth World. That person was killed, a month after his nomination. Decapitated. A clean cut that only could come from a Katana, Sisay’s Katana in this case.
After this Sisay had no other option than seek refuge in the Shadows. And to make it for a living, and simple to survive, she became a Shadowrunner. She gathered a talented team which quickly became the most feared team in Seattle (even more feared then the Renraku Red Samurai).

Sisay has a weak spot for technology. But while one would expect she goes for high tech augmentations, she is more interested in cyberware ‘gadgets’. Often cheap and worthless. But thanks to her Decker skills she build both useful and powerful augmentations by select and combine multiple crap gadgets.
Her upgrades make her stronger in all domains: Although not very powerful, her Stun Shield Armor does just enough in absorbing damage; She can transfer mb at a 0 rate cost thanks to a tiny hacking device; She also can link with her team with Live Feed Crypt Data over a Shadow Commlink Kit (the perfect communication tool everywhere and every time for co-op teams operating in the shadows); And then there is her gun and sword collection. The only thing missing in her collection is Crazy Katie’s Autogun. But that's something she is working on.

All my characters have a name that's borrowed from Magic the Gathering. Here for Sisay’s MTG reference:

mb mb

Shadowrun: Crossfire Campaign Mission II

The team survived the first mission Against the Ancients. But there was no time to take a rest. Those damn Elves created a portal as a last act to defend their precious belongings.

Campaign path:

Mission I: Against the Ancient (Introductory) mb Link to Mission I here
Mission II: Close the Portal (Normal)
Mission VII: Crazy Katie’s Combat Towing (Advanced +25 Karma) mb Link to Mission VII here
Mission VIII: Into the Ork Underground (Advanced +30 Karma) mb Link to Mission VIII here

Mission II : Close the Portal

Finding a moment to rest is a rare thing for a professional runner. At rare occasions when some rest is permitted, even then, runners need to stay alert and constantly watch their back. Today’s action was a perfect display of that. Just when the team wanted to leave Tir Tairngire. A portal spitted out some fresh Metahuman tug. The Last Elf obstacle killed in the previous action, A Mage Hunter, establishing this portal as a final act to protect their precious belongings.

Close the Portal Mission highlights

To start with the Harlequin’s Shadow messed with the gear of the team. They faced harder obstacles in the past. So even with some messed up gear they could put down three out of four obstacles in the first round.

A lost Elf (Ancient Sentry) showed up at the scene, to aid the only remaining obstacle. The Ancient Sentry immediately went after Zurgo with a little too much confidence! Before the Elf could make a move he was killed by Zurgo himself. The other obstacle was cleaned up by Thrun. It took the team only 7 actions to deal with 5 obstacles. A blitz start.

Just when the last obstacle was taken care of by Thrun, the portal spitted out two red obstacles who again went after Zurgo. And this time Zurgo didn’t had enough fire power to kill them instantly.

Commlink:
Zurgo: “Zurgo for Juzam. When are you going to show some action? Can’t you use your wand to magically let these two obstacles disappear? Come on, give us a nice and entertaining show instead of feeding your bird!”
Juzam: “I don’t do entertaining”
Sisay: “Well, please show us what you CAN do.”
Juzam: “Ok, will save that arrogant Orc his neck again… for the team”

In a previous round Juzam had stolen form the Black Market, A Whip! < “Take the Merchandise and run” > This action costed him 2HP, but it seemed to be worth it. He used the Whip to lure the Jaguar Shifter to him. Yes in this team Orcs and Trolls help each other out when needed (but most of the time only after some squabble).

Juzam took out the Jaguar Shifter. And with the last event, the last Obstacle was taken care of. Sisay threw a grenade which exploded close to Zurgo. Zurgo took some damage from it. But nothing he wouldn’t recover from. In contrast to the Unusual Suspects, for whom the explosion was too much.

With only 7 obstacles showing up this wasn’t the hardest fight. But it certainly putted the team again on remembering - Always Watch Your Back!

Damage track

mb
mb
mbmb
mbmbmb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mb
mb
mbmb

Team member Introduction : Zurgo

Male Orc Social Adept Face
Zurgo - The entertainer, very loyal to Sisay and a good negotiator

Zurgo used to own The Harlequin, a bar in downtown Seattle. It was a popular place to hang out until it burned down. And if that wasn’t enough the insurance company declined the claim unfairly. They’ve should have known better… With the help of Sisay Zurgo revenged the insurance company. Sisay worked for two months undercover in The Harlequin as a “waitress”. Zurgo eventually lost a big customer thanks to Sisay’s great work. So she felt she owned Zurgo. With this gesture they were even again. After this operation they both realized that working together paid off. And soon they found themselves doing all kind of ‘Jobs’ together, as a team!

Zurgo is a big guy with a athletic body and a friendly and trusty face. He is particularly gifted to get more information out of people than they initially wanted to spare. He also has a good nose for business.
He is always in for a good joke. He often makes fun of the two Trolls in the team, Thrun and Juzam. Which cause some friction ones in a while. But apart from that, he certainly keeps the team together, thanks to his great social skills. One could say he is the Heart of the team.
Zurgo is also very generous towards the team. In the action Zurgo assists his team as much as possible. Since he’s the one that negotiated the Doc Wagon Contracts he often save staggered team members. But he has much more assist tricks up his sleeves.

All my characters have a name that's borrowed from Magic the Gathering. Here for Zurgo’s MTG reference:

mb mb mb

Shadowrun: Crossfire Campaign Mission III

The first Mission and the troubles that came with it were more like a warm-up. Now the team is up for the real work. Since the team has proven to be good in stealing stuff. They are ordered to steal some ‘Stuff’ again. But Mr. Johnson wasn’t specific on what it was. “You will know what to grab ones you’re in, and that's for the easy part. Getting out will be the real challenge”…

Campaign path:

Mission III: Crossfire (Normal)

Mission III : Crossfire + DANGER ZONE

After some quality time spend on the Grid the team gathered in the Bellevue district where “everything is fine, everything is lovely”. Standing in front of an enormous mansion which corresponded with the address that was given to them by Mr. Johnson. To their surprise there were no guards keeping watch or a noticeable security system present. Sisay took the lead and entered the complex to find less to none resistance. But then they entered the Danger zone!

Crossfire Mission highlights

A bunch of Deckers, under the command of a Network Fixer < Hard obstacle >, putted the team to a halt…

Juzam growled deeply when he saw all those Obstacles. If it wasn’t enough that his brother was a Decker. He now had to fight his way through a bunch of cyber geek hackers.
His growling however also had another purpose. He was performing some sort of ritual to channel magic (the growling just seemed to be part of it). And with an astonishing result. Above the scene an enormous Fireball appeared!!!

The fireball created a cozy and warm feeling… And it lighted up the place enough to see the fear in the eyes of the enemies, who were about to feel Juzam’s Wrath.

Juzam threw the Fireball in the middle of the pack. And he added some regular Mana and Mark damage to eliminate 9 damage levels in one round. While collecting 3 mb for every team member.

Damage breakdown:
1 Eye Alarm Killed : Mana_Mana to erase
mb mb Killed and dropped 4 mb
2 Network Fixer : Fireball to erase

3 Hacker team : Fireball to erase
+ Fireball's mbmb
to erase
+ Mana_Mana_Mark to erase
mb mb Killed and dropped 8 mb
4 Wired Ganger : Fireball to erase

The first scene ended not much after Juzam’s powerful display. And in the second scene he just went on…

But first Zurgo found the “Stuff” they were after. Juzam clearly forgot about their mission. He just had to much fun with eliminating Deckers.
First part of the mission, check! Now get out alive and deliver the “Stuff” to Mr. Johnson. The harderst part as promised by Mr. Johnson.

The second scene:
First the team had some luck with a Spirit of Fire that went after a Human obstacle for wathever reason. It cleared 1 level of damage for the team.
Then the team had to deal with an unpleasant event that pulled up the enemies defenses < Hardened Defenses >.
But again, Juzam did a great move to overcome this event. He assisted Sisay to make perfect use of her Sniper Riffle. Both the Spirit of Fire and the Starving Ghoul were eliminated (again 10 mb for the team), while the Lightning Mage took one more level of damage. I guess it was just too good to be true for the Double Trouble to eliminate that Lighting Mage as well.

The team went against 3 hard obstacles in the last scene. Who again told the team that getting out would be tough! They killed everyone that was standing in the way and successfully escaped the mansion.

This mission was certainly one were all odds where in favor of the team. An early FREE FIREBALL, no big events to overcome, some aid from a Spirit of Fire and plenty mb to buy fancy gear and spells. Look at what the Trolls, Thrun and Juzam, gathered during this mission.

Damage track

mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mb
mb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmbmb
mbmb

Team member Introduction : Thrun

Male Troll Decker
Thrun - All-rounder, great with both guns and data

Thrun is hyper intelligent. Something extremely rare for a Troll. At an age of 16 he successfully graduated at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (a private nonprofit University) with a master degree in Data Technology. Thrun got offers from Aztechnology, Mitsuhama Computer Technologies, Renraku Computer Systems and Saeder-Krupp Heavy Industries. But he went for a position at NeoNET, where he invented the wireless Matrix. Short after Thrun discovered NeoNET’s secret plans for the wireless Matrix and decided to leave NeoNET for Saeder-Krupp Heavy industries. Thrun made big fortune there by hacking into the other megacorps systems. An interesting side note: His direct boss at Saeder-Krupp was a certain Mr. Johnson. Who he actually never met in person.
After 20 year Thrun got more or less tired hacking systems day in day out. So as a distraction he putted up a handle in Shadow Commlink Kits. The first Commlink he sold was to Sisay for way to much mb. When Sisay figured out she was screwed, she went after Thrun. Not to eliminate him, but to make him an offer. Her team was desperately in need for an excellent Decker.

Thrun is a old and wise Troll. Like every Troll he knows how to fight in the frontlines (All Trolls are born with this skill). He knows his way around the Sixth World, and he has a strong network build up from his years working for LOFWYR the great dragon (owner of Saeder-Krupp). And besides all that he also is a living legend amongst Deckers.
Thanks to Thrun the team got in contact with the one and only Mr. Johnson. Mr. Johnson promised Thrun that he would suffer a slow and painful dead if he would reveal anything about their history together. So Thrun never talks about Mr. Johnson. But Since Thrun joined the team, they only took Jobs from this Mr. Johnson…. A very lucrative business!

All my characters have a name that's borrowed from Magic the Gathering. Here for Thrun’s MTG reference:

mb mb mb mb

Shadowrun: Crossfire Campaign Mission IV

If they thought the mansion offered them a crowded scene, they were wrong. When multiple teams are caught in a fight, then you have a crowded, and most of all a very dangerous, scene. The team is about to experience a Freefire Festival!

Campaign path:

Mission IV: Freefire-For-All (Normal)

Mission IV : Freefire-For-All + GANG LEADER

Zurgo: “It’s obvious that we are not the only one doing the dirty work. But let us show the others that we are superior. Perhaps we can keep one alive so it can spread the word of the Legendary three, and Juzam!”

Sisay: “Put your razors sharp boys. I accepted some extra hard options. Extra Hard – Extra Rewarding! Let’s show them we are a team of 3 Superior Runners, and one guy called Zurgo!”

Freefire-For-All Mission highlights

The team was still in a good shape after an easy Crossfire mission. The two first waves of obstacles were cleared in no time. The team actually enjoyed this Freefire madness. Zurgo was making some stupid moves every time he killed someone. And Juzam and Thrun where holding a small headcount competition. Which Juzam won with ease (5-2).
Only Sisay didn’t share in the fun. At least one had to stay focused to keep control over the situation.

The final scene the action exploded completely. A big final wave of Obstacles showed up. All different breads and with all kind of specializations.
Only one Decker showed up. It had a very nasty ability. But since he was the only Decker out there. It didn’t took much efect.
While in the previous scenes the obstacles didn’t aim verry well. These new ones did. But they aimed mostly on each other.

Sisay: “Luck is at our side boys. Who cares who does the killing, as long as the obstacles are cleared!“
Juzam: “Actually I DO care”!

The mission for the Obstacles was simple: < Event - JUST SURVIVE >. But well… they Didn't.

A big turn from Sisay tipped the battle completely in favor of the team. She found a perfect target to Hack! The Deckhead stood no chance against ‘Hack Their Comms’. Rent-a-Trooper was then taken care of. And thanks to some assistence from Juzam, the Gunslinger Adept also took lethal damage.

After Sisay’s killing spree there was only one Conflicted Elf Ganger remaining. This Elf had a perfect chance to flee while the action was concentrated arround the obstacles engaged with Sisay. But instead she found it expedient to steal mb from the dead Obstacles. A big mistake. She was killed by Thrun, who was still playing the headcount game.

Thrun: “Did you counted that one? I may not win this round. But it is always good to have an extra kill for the statistics, right.”

Damage track

mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mbmb
mbmb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb

Team member Introduction : Juzam ‘The Djinn’

Male Troll Mage
Juzam ‘The Djinn’ - A true manipulator and a loner, but can be counted on when needed

Before Juzam joined the team, he was a ruthless Organlegger. One could follow his traces by following the reaped dead bodies in the Underground district. Juzam had a small business, trading in organs and cyberware harvested from formally living Wageslaves.
It may surprise, but Juzam is Thrun’s younger brother. While Thrun is a friendly, civil and well-spoken Troll, Juzam is the complete opposite. Juzam has a particular dark edge. He is rude, sadistic, brutal and vicious.

As brothers do, they help each other out when needed. Between Thrun and Juzam this is a one way thing. Thrun does help Juzam with launder the Scrip (a non-corp approved currency) he earns with organlegging into mb, just to keep in touch. But for Juzam this is just easy business.

When Sisay told the team she was looking to recruit someone with good knowledge of the Underground. Preferable someone for whom killing is a second nature and someone good with Magic. Thrun proposed to invite Juzam to the team. For Thrun this was a good chance to get more connected with his little brother. And for Sisay this was exactly the candidate she had in mind.

Juzam is enormous. He breath evil and is a cruel assassin. He used to work alone, and he certainly has some difficulties working in a team. But he does see the benefits. He earns much more mb then before, and he has plenty opportunities to satisfy his urge to kill.
Like in the Walt Disney animation movie The Sword in the Stone (you probably don’t know it, it’s from before The Awakening) a certain wizard called Merlin had an Owl pet, Archimedes. Juzam also has one, called Strix. And this little winged companion is a legend on its own. It is told to little children as a scary story. When you see Strix, the next thing you see is dead! I wish I could say it’s just a story, but no, it’s real!

The first time Sisay and Juzam got in touch was when Juzam sold Sisay a pair of Sonar Eyes with build in AR (augmented reality) connectivity. Eyes that allow to see though walls and at the same time give you overlay information on whatever it detects. This was a couple of year before the team got together.

All my characters have a name that's borrowed from Magic the Gathering. Here for Juzam’s MTG reference:

mb mb mb mb mb

Shadowrun: Crossfire Campaign Mission V

This is the first mission where no stealing is involved. Or should I say it’s not the main mission objective. This mission the team needs to take care of a wealthy Clients safety.

Campaign path:

Mission III: Crossfire (Normal) [microbadge= 10792] Link to Mission III here
Mission V: Extraction (Advanced +5 Karma)

Mission V : Extraction + EMT GIG!

Juzam: “OK, I’m not the one that is going to babysit on this Human. Can’t stand the smell of living Metahuman flesh.”
Sisay: “Don’t worry Juzam. I know Zurgo doesn’t mind to keep an eye on him the next couple of hours.”
Zurgo: “Yeah sure, for some reason these wealth Human like my kind of Humor. They always throw me some mb while I entertain them.
Thrun: “I’m pretty sure that they throw you money to make you stop!”.
Zurgo: “Not my problem. And when this Client dares to complain I will kill him myself!”

Extraction mission highlights

This game it was all or nothing. The previous two attempts ended in failure, barely keeping the Client alive. When they fail again, it would be all over for the team.

Zurgo: ”The good news is, either way this mission ends, I don’t have to watch over that spoiled baby anymore.”
Sisay: ”For what it’s worth Zurgo, I have some other good news for you. Thrun just hacked the Black Market for us < EMT GIG! >. And look what he got for you… Not one, but TWO Doc Wagon Contracts.”
Zurgo: ”Why didn’t he thought of that on our first two attempts!”
Thrun: “I did actually, but only for myself, sorry team. And this time I also didn't do myself wrong ."

Like the previous two attempts, the first waves of obstacles where more like a warm up. The real deal was thrown at the team in the final round. And If 12 opponents weren’t enough already, the Human tug came with a small surprise. They hired bigger guns and a Spell Sniper < Chummers >. Couldn’t care less what that would have cost them. Only care how to deal with it.

Juzam: “I will deal with that Drone Rigger. I know someone who pays good for spare pieces of that.”
Thrun, a little irritated: “I thought you stopped with that business.”
Juzam: “Sure I did Thrun, this is the last one… promised.”

The team had arranged Covering Fire and Three Doc Wagon Contracts to go into the final round. And Zurgo managed to get his hands on an expensive ‘Hero Move’. Expensive, but 100% worth it. With So much Healing / Assist power abilities to their advantage. The last round worked out according to plan.

The final move was made by the Client himself. He took some damage from three obstacles that tried to stop him from escaping. But somehow he pulled it off completely by himself.

Zurgo: “Look at that, he escaped all at his own. I hope for him he doesn’t forget to pay us!”
Juzam: “Oh, I will make sure we get our well-deserved mb, one way or the other, don’t worry...”

Damage track

mbmb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mbmb
mb
mb
mbmb
mb
mbmb
mbmbmb
mb
mbmb
mb
mb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmbmb
mb

Sisay Shares Tactics

mb The Black Market mb

Ok, Sisay clearly has a weak spot for shiny stuff. But that’s not the way to follow.

mb is hard to earn, so spend it wisely. And make sure to spend it. Filling your pockets with mb only makes you end up dead. Remember the Conflicted Elf Ganger!

I could give you a list with cheap yet powerful cards, but that would be to easy. But take the time to find out which are the ones to get, and the ones to cycle with Data Spike for example.

Consider to expand your market with a Shopping Agent upgrade. It never hurt to have some more options. In my Team Thrun insisted on this option. This Upgrade means he could hack more efficiently. And also it makes a big difference for (his) Data Spike.

mb mb mb mb mb mb

Shadowrun: Crossfire Campaign Mission VI

They worked hard to operate as a strong successful cohesive team, but what if they have to spilt up!

Campaign path:

Mission VI: Two Corridor Assault (Advanced +5 Karma)

Mission VI : Two Corridor Assault

This is something new for the majority of the team. Juzam is used to operate on his own. But the others are definitely team players who need each other to be successful. Thrun openly criticized Sisay’s decision to take on this mission. But he turned his tail quickly when Sisay told how generous the reward would be…

In the Sixth World it’s all about the mb!

Two Corridor Assault mission highlights

The first one getting into trouble was Sisay. As always she put herself in danger for the team. Something she has to work on. Zurgo told her many times before that Juzam is much more suited as meat shield.
The team had joined by the time Sisay got in trouble and they all threw Assists. Zurgo Was the most generous. But without the help of the whole team Sisay would have become staggered. Instead the Warded Decker was wiped out.

Zurgo was in top form today. After his great support to help save Sisay, he pulled out his Double-Double. He eliminated two obstacles (with a little help from Thrun), and then divided a big mb reward with Thrun.

Zurgo immediately spent it all!

The last two rounds the pressure was increased < Threshold +5 >. The obstacles tried to disrupt the team with nasty Events. Luckily for the team they had little repercussions. First the team had to deal with < Professional Problems >. But Thrun wasn’t impressed with the Tech Decker that was matched against him. GODwire stood no chance against Thrun’s Decker skills.

The last Event the Obstacles managed to trigger was one to summon Ork and Troll tug. They miserably failed. And short after the last Obstacles were taken out.

Damage track

mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mb
mbmb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmbmb
mbmb
mb
mbmb
mbmb
mb
mb

Sisay Shares Tactics

mb Upgrades mb

Sisay’s cup of Soykaf! Not only did she selected her own, but also the upgrades of the rest of the team. She thought this was legitimate to do as leader of the group and Expert in Upgrades and Augmentations. The rest of the team didn’t had a voice in this.

Don’t stick with the common upgrades (In Training, Cigar Money and Just Tough). Although they can be important based on your Metatype. So don’t ignore them completely either.

How cool would it be to save a staggered team mate with an upgrade. Oh, wait a minute, that upgrade is available… And it isn’t an expensive one! (Got Your Backs)

It’s always good to have more options. For example have the option to swap between a Shotgun and a Katana; Or to have optional escape routes; Or even get more options in the Black Market! Always consider Shopping Agent!

Once you have plenty Karma (+50), there are some nice synergies to pursue amongst the upgrades. Look out for them and see if they match with one of your Runners.

mb mb mb mb mb mb mb

Shadowrun: Crossfire Campaign Mission VII

A mission with Crazy Katie doesn’t promise much good. Unless she is fighting at your side.

Crazy Katie:

Crazy Katie is one of few known runners that can channel the worlds magic to create fire. And she doesn’t use it to create cozy ambient campfires. Every scene were a fight took place with Crazy Katie is clearly marked. Typically there is not much left of it, everything burned down to the ground.

I looked for a Magic: The Gathering character that could reflect Crazy Katie. I guess < Chandra Nalaar > is a good candidate.

Campaign path:

Mission VII: Crazy Katie’s Combat Towing (Advanced +25 Karma)

Mission VII : Crazy Katie’s Combat Towing

The Ares macrotechnology corp has taken control of an important highway. A big deal for Crazy Katie who used it for illegal weapon transports. Her business was losing mb, so this problem had to be solved!
The Ares were tipped by some Underground Ork scum about Crazy Katie’s plans. So they prepared for the worst. They put up a blockade with Wrecks, I-90 contractors and their usual military arsenal to scare of Katie. But Crazy Katie was determined and contacted Mr. Johnson to hire Sisay’s team. One Fire Mage and four of the best Runner’s out there should be enough to deal with the situation…

Crazy Katie specifically asked for Sisay’s team, something Mr. Johnson didn’t mentioned during the briefing. But nevertheless the team (except for Juzam) was honored to work for AND WITH Crazy Katie, a legend amongst Runners.

Juzam: “Don’t trust other Mage.”
Thrun: “Why not? I checked her solvency, you don’t often find Mages with that much mb on their cred-accounts.”
Juzam: “Well, maybe that's because she never pay’s for anything.”
Sisay: “That’s something we shouldn’t worry about. You know Mr. Johnson always pay our work.”
Juzam: “Still don’t trust her. Mages don’t work side-by-side. One wrong move and I let Strix pick out her eyes. Did you know Mage eyes are much wanted amongst Alchemists. Not sure what potions they use it for. But it’s good business.”
Zurgo: “Thanks for the tip Juzam. Then I know what to do if you got killed…”

Crazy Katie’s Combat Towing mission highlights

You don’t put the Ares down with the usual weapons because you know their weapons are better. And their soldiers and contractors are very well trained to use them. Let’s find out if a Rain of Fire could do the trick…

The first attack was a disaster. The team took a real beating. Before someone would die Katie launched a fireball to set two Wrecks on fire. This gave the team some time to recover, but also left Katie exhausted from using her magic.

The fireball causing a small inferno. The Ares panicked and Sisay’s team took advantage of this to clear the first wave. By acting fast they prevented the < Top Shelf > event from causing extra damage.

The Ares regrouped and did a counter attack with all they got. There was some crazy Event manipulation going on. All kind of nasty effects hit the team, weakening them to the bone. But then suddenly Sisay’s most wanted gun was tossed at her by Crazy Katie, Shouting “You know how to use this thing right?”.

Sisay finally got herself Crazy Katie’s Autogun!!!___

And she immediately used it to eliminate a I-90 Contractor___ A morale boost for the whole team. Or was it the Aztechnology Striker that caused the morality boost

Zurgo: “Look how Sisay can handle 5 weapons in one fight. Even the big Striker she wealds with one hand if it’s a little hand gun.”

Sisay’s action was the turning point in the battle. The Ares was hit hard and the team didn’t gave them the chance to recover.

Katie was impressed! Time to bring the Orks a visit in the Underground district. Payback time for informing the Ares. The team invited Crazy Katie to join them in the fun. But she had to reinstall her business again… One has to set priorities!
She told Sisay she could keep the Autogun. And so this job suddenly got a really good ending.

Damage track

mb
mb
mbmb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmbmbmb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmbmb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mbmbmb
mbmb

Sisay Shares Tactics

mb Hand management mb

Yes, you will get screwed! Big time if you don’t pay attention to your hand management. But you can lower the chances by playing the game instead of the other way around. And the only way to do this is with your gear and skills (ergo, your cards)!

It will happen that you just don’t have the symbol you need. Since you know this… Take this into account.

All-in is one option: Not always the best / Not always the worst.

Try to be prepared for Random Obstacles and Crossfire Events.

Your true power is your ability to acquire cards from the Black Market directly. Use it to the FULL and do this CO-OPERATIVE!

The most shiny (most expensive) cards will only trigger once, twice if you are lucky. Look at the game above. The Aztechnology Striker did only Strike once.

Don’t underestimate the Cycle ability. This will enables you to play your acquired market stuff more.

mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb

Shadowrun: Crossfire Campaign Mission VIII

Orks and Trolls together, not killing each other! … No, instead they joined forces to defend the Underground from all threats. Until this day a very successful collaboration.

Campaign path:

Mission VIII: Into the Ork Underground(Advanced +30 Karma)

Mission VIII: Into the Ork Underground

Stool Pigeon payback time. Juzam took the lead. He knew his way in the Underground district from his days as Organlegger. But this didn’t meant that the team just could walk directly towards the target unseen.

Into the Ork Underground mission highlights

Juzam led the team into the sewers. It was not the most comfortable way, but hopefully the one with the least resistance.

Zurgo: ”Follow a Troll blindly through the most disgusting place in Seattle, to bring those disgusting Trolls a visit_ What was I thinking?”
Thrun: “You were probably thinking about the mb you will earn with this job. And about the stuff you can buy with it.”
Zurgo: “Oh right, that was it! Thanks for the morale boost Thrun.”
Juzam: “The only disgusting about the Underground Trolls is that they collaborate with Orks like you!”
Sisay: “Speaking of the devil, it looks like they already found us… It’s time to find out how good these Underground Metahuman collaborate.”

The team was up against a UP (Underground Patrol) consisting of 3 Orks, 1 Troll, 1 Human and 1 Elite Skraacha (http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Skraacha) Ork.

At first the team could keep everything under control while winning terrain quickly. But then Zurgo suddenly disappeared, which caused the team some beating. Zurgo joined back with the team after 5 minutes with a small surprise for everyone. Apparently he did a solo hit and run on a small merchant. And the loot was very nice.

After the first UP was eliminated the team dealt with a second one without too much trouble. And after this fight It didn’t took long before the team found were they came for…

Zurgo: “Once we are on a roll we are unstoppable!”
Sisay: “That’s the spirit Zurgo, but since you are an Ork yourself perhaps you can talk the last resistance over to surrender. As you can see we are seriously outnumbered here!”
Zurgo: “Sorry, don’t make deals with Underground scum.”
Juzam: “That’s the spirit Zurgo, we eat Roasted Stool Pigeon this evening!”

In no time the team got surrounded. Sisay took the initiative and used her two Whips to draw the attention to her. A brave move... And one that paid off! She stunned a Gang Leader and Spirit of Air. And with an overpowered attack she mowed down a Chipper Decker and Ancient Ganger. She tried to dodge the attack of the Wrecked Limo, but failed. She got wounded, but nothing severe.

Next Zurgo tried to put on a little show, But instead of a round of applause he got two bullets. Thrun used the time during Zurgo s’ performance to figured out the perfect plan to end the fight.

This must have been one of my most explosive turns ever

With some excellent teamwork the fight was put to an end. Thrun used Pair Programming to enable Sisay to give Covering Fire to Zurgo. And as a real entertainer Zurgo saved the best for last… He casted a Fireball and did a second Fireball with a Double Double assist. After this attack there was nothing left from the resistance. It looked like Crazy Katie’s work, but not the case this time. Yet again Sisay’s team made a strong impression!

Damage track

mbmb
mbmbmb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb
mbmbmbmb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb

Sisay Shares Tactics

mb mb mb mb Your streets, Your job, Your Role mb mb mb mb

If I could give you only one advice for the future, this would be it!

Read The four roles of Shadowrun: Crossfire, and how to build them

mb WARNING : This in depth tactics analysis on the 4 different roles ( mb mb mb mb ) can be considered as spoiler!

mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb

Shadowrun: Crossfire Campaign Mission IX

The Sixth world is a cruel and harsh place. It’s hard to survive when on the wrong side. But even when on the right side, bad things can happen to you. The great dragons will do everything to stay in power.

Campaign path:

Mission IX: Pandemic (Very advanced +40 Karma)

Mission IX : Pandemic

The corp leaders call it crowd control. But on the streets these events are known as ‘purge‘. A decade ago the last big ‘purge’ hit Seattle. A Nano drone swarm tracked down and exterminated all SINless people worldwide. (SIN = System Identification Number, SINless people lacking a SIN)

Today a new purge hit Seattle. It was even officially announced by the Covert Dragon.
Purge events come in many forms, this time a virus was designed to infect all Mudane (non-magician). A virus that turned everyone that got infected into Undead Ghouls. The Magicians where spared just so the Ghouls would have something to hunt down.

The mission: Kill as many Ghouls before turning into one.

Pandemic mission highlights

This is my last session report! I allowed myself three attempts to continue this campaign. For this Mission I needed 7 attempts. I wanted to end in beauty. So these last highlights are from my last game.

This was by far the most rewarding mission the team did. Everytime the Infected metahuman returned, they had their pockets replenished with mb. Zurgo collected the majority of the money but was kind enough to share it with the team. Throughout the game the team managed to acquire a nice set of gear. Much needed to withstand the undead horde.

The team stopped a total of 40 obstacles! Not enough to save the world. But enough to save themselves for now…

*Image shows all obstacles defeated in the third scene

The final action was a true celebration of this game intents… the team put everything out of the closet this mission.
The last action in the game: Juzam provided Coordinate Attack so Thrun could show of his thru hacking skills by simply ‘Hack the World’. The rest of the team contributed to the attack with great Assists. The last charge was totally over the top… But it was a nice last act to conclude the campaign.

I enjoyed every minute playing this campaign and reporting it here on SGOYT!

Damage track

mb
mbmb
mb
mb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mb
mbmbmb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mb
mbmb
mb
mbmbmbmbmb
mb
mb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mb
mb
mbmbmb
mb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
mbmb
mb
mb
mb

The alternate end: The Philippo Purge

The Legendary Tech Cat was summoned to destroy everything and everyone in the five big cities (Berlin, Riyadh, Seattle, Tokyo and Shanghai)! On his first visit to Seattle Zurgo, Thrun and Juzam were killed. And while Sisay had a clear shot at Philippo, she chose to flee…

Later that day - Mr. Johnson’s office

Sisay: “It was Philippo, Mr. Johnson. I mean the Tech Cat himself. How do you shoot the Tech Cat in the back? What if you miss?”
Mr. Johnson: “I understand Sisay, but without your team you’re worthless to me. And since I don’t end contracts there is only one option - But look at it from the bright side. It’s a clean shot from me, or a painful death from Philippo!"

Mr. Johnson took his mb Remington Roomsweeper mb and shot Sisay right between her eyes.

GAME OVER

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you enjoyed this and just thumbed the thumb you can see (on the post above), remember to also scroll all the way to the top of the thread and also thumb the entire thread, to encourage more people to see this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls