Popular Tags: ttr [+] dow [+] [View All]
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Boardgame News, Days of Wonder is planning a special "non-expansion" version of Alan Moon's Ticket To Ride.

Sounds cool... except: It will be released and sold only in Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland! surprise

I'm expecially disappointed as it is, like TtR: Switzerland, supposed to be a 2-3 player game.

Here is a quote from the Days of Wonder announcement.

Quote:
Unlike prior Ticket to Ride products, this version will only be available and sold in the Nordic Countries of Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland. “We have had an incredible success with the Ticket to Ride product-line in the Nordic countries. The base game won the game of the year in Finland and Sweden, and has experienced tremendous success” says Pierre Gaubil from Days of Wonder.

“This new version is a recognition of the growing importance of this marketplace and a way for us to thank our distribution partners for their success and our nordic customers for their fidelity.”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was also surprised to see the limited release for this. I wonder if it'll eventually be available more broadly, not that I personally want a copy, but I can't imagine it wouldn't sell decently here. Perhaps one of the online retailers like Funagain or Boards & Bits or Boulder will import it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/203656 for a couple details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thommy8 wrote:
I was also surprised to see the limited release for this. I wonder if it'll eventually be available more broadly, not that I personally want a copy, but I can't imagine it wouldn't sell decently here. Perhaps one of the online retailers like Funagain or Boards & Bits or Boulder will import it.

This may be a little harder to get if it's only sold in those countries. What about adam-spielt, and milan-spiele? German online retailers won't carry it - I guess..... Some copies will make it to the States for sure. They will be offered for a steep price for sure.

Still, I am somewhat disappointed. I am still hoping for the next DoW family game that captures my interest just like the original TtR, Mystery of the Abbey, or Shadows over Camelot (didn't care too much for Pirate's Cove, Cleopatra, and Colosseum).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DK Kemler
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ticket to Raid: Viking Edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Hullett
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a release date set for this yet? In Norway, specifically?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I can't believe this is getting such a limited release. Hasn't DOW caught on that they could stamp "Ticket to Ride" on a box of checkers and it would be like printing money?

We Americans and Eurpoeans like our train games! Give this a broad release as an expansion board, much like the Switzerland map. I'm okay with the full game being released just in Scandanavia, but give the rest of the world the map, please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Trygve Myhrer
Norway
Trondheim
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LA_Ken wrote:
Is there a release date set for this yet? In Norway, specifically?

I just asked http://spillskrinet.no/ and they said it was on its way and should be there next week, if not on friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What a difference a few days makes....now I'm actually fine with this just getting released in Scandanavia, because if recent TTR product is any indication (I'm looking at you Switzerland) I won't be buying ANYTHING to do with this game ever again. The Nordic countries can have their exclusive, I don't care anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What a difference a few days makes....now I'm actually fine with this just getting released in Scandanavia, because if recent TTR product is any indication (I'm looking at you Switzerland) I won't be buying ANYTHING to do with this game ever again. The Nordic countries can have their exclusive, I don't care anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.