• [+] Dice rolls
Jared Hayter

Metuchen
New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the English rules can be clearly read in the image below:

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/71588?size=original

The rules in brief. Lay out the tiles (4 tiles each of three colors) and then move them as stacks of tiles. Put one stack on top of another if the top tiles are the same color or if the two stacks are of the same height. The las player to make a valid move wins. This game could be easily played those poker chips I bought for a dollar at B&N.

Can anyone think of a way to make this game more interesting? Also, lets face it, the cuneiform tablets don't make sense for this game which appears to be superficially about building towers, if I translate the French back of box blurb correctly. This game would be more appealing to me if the bits and mechanics were more clearly about building the tower of Babel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jaredhayter wrote:
Can anyone think of a way to make this game more interesting? Also, lets face it, the cuneiform tablets don't make sense for this game which appears to be superficially about building towers, if I translate the French back of box blurb correctly. This game would be more appealing to me if the bits and mechanics were more clearly about building the tower of Babel.

I don't see anything about building towers in either the French box blurb or the French rules. However, I think the game vaguely reflects a theme of the scrambling of language in Babylon, not building the Tower of Babel. Stones or groups of stones can only combine if they "speak the same language" of being either the same color or having the same height. In that context, the little cuneiform tablets make sense.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.