Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
I have two new 9 Card Games: 300 Spartans and Franky's 1st Christmas
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play a game from a contest, it is easy to log that play in the GDCR. All plays are aggregated, which helps other players discover which games need additional feedback. If a contest is using volunteer playtesters, knowing the number of plays each game has received can ensure that volunteers are assigned to the games that need it most.

There are two ways to log your plays in the GDCR. You can do so either from the individual Game Page, or you can log all plays from the Contest Page.

From the Game Page

From any game page in the GDCR, you can that you have played the game (or read the rules). Scroll down the page to find the link to "Log or Update Your Interactions for this game".

You will see your previous interactions (if any) and an aggregation of interactions from other players.

Click on the link to add or edit your interactions. On the next page, you will be able to select your interactions with the game. You can select if you played the game or read the rules, if you left feedback for the game, and if this interactions was part of a volunteer assignment (only if the contest is using Volunteer Playtesters).

Once you've submitted your answer, you will see your results on the game's page both individually and added to the overall aggregate.

From the Contest Page

You may also log multiple plays at once from the contest's page. To get to the contest page, click on the Contest Menu and then select the contest you would like to log plays for.

Once you have selected the contest, you can scroll down to find the Interactions section.

You will see all of your interactions at the top (in this example, I have played the game Hiawatha) and the aggregated plays for all games at the bottom.

Click on the link that says "Log or Update Your Interactions" to update your plays for every non-withdrawn game in the contest. (To add an interaction for a withdrawn game - you must do so from the individual game's page.)

On the next page, you will see a form listing every game in the contest. If you have not interacted with a game, just leave "Neither" selected. You only need to answer for games that you've interacted with. You can select if you have played the game or read the rules.

If you are recording a play (or a reading of the rules), please answer each question for that game. Answer if you left feedback on the game's WIP thread and if the interaction was done for a Volunteer Assignment.

Most importantly, thank you for recording this data in the GDCR! It is some of the most valuable information in the database because it helps to ensure that every designer gets some playtesting feedback for their work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the rules and played the game... but then this:

Quote:
Total Interactions for this Game
This game has been played by 1 person.
The rules have been read by 0 people.
Feedback has been left by 1 person.

I think this has been mentioned already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
I have two new 9 Card Games: 300 Spartans and Franky's 1st Christmas
mbmbmbmbmb
ex1st wrote:

Quote:

It is meant for people who read the rules only. (There are a subset of contest participants who prefer to not print, craft, and play the games but still want to offer feedback on the rules.)
Maybe I need to change the wording to say, "The rules have been read (without playing the game) by 0 people."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
chansen2794 wrote:
ex1st wrote:

Quote:

It is meant for people who read the rules only. (There are a subset of contest participants who prefer to not print, craft, and play the games but still want to offer feedback on the rules.)
Maybe I need to change the wording to say, "The rules have been read (without playing the game) by 0 people."

Or you could add the values for "played" and "read only", and we can do the maths and understand that, based on the numbers below, 1 person read the rule but did not play the game. Less wordy, more intuitive.

This game has been played by 2 people.
The rules have been read by 3 people.
Feedback has been left by 2 people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls