Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jens Hoppe
Denmark
Frederiksberg
flag msg tools
What are you, like 80?
badge
It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.
mbmbmbmbmb
Next game up for the evening was Hansa. Participants were me, Sune, Ken, and Anders. After I'd explained the rules, we were off for the Baltic!

We all started out slowly, buying goods and mainly turning them into trading booths. I managed to get a booth majority in three centrally located towns (Copenhagen, Kalmar, and Danzig) which turned out to be a really good idea! The others routinely had to buy goods in my towns, thereby earning me easy money, and of course they also worked well at giving me free goods in my turn. My, er, strategy worked great, and I won the game with 38 points (second place had 32).

We agreed that the game was fun, very analytical - the random drawing of goods being the only random element - and of course (being Schacht) extremely abstract and dry. I wonder what the theme started out as - if anything - but Hanseatic trading certainly seems pasted on afterwards...

Conclusion: A fun game that we've only started understanding the strategy of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.