Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Junaid Ansari
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Do you know if this expansion will be language independent?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Next Game Please
England
Frome
Somerset
flag msg tools
Find a Friend
badge
Next Game Please
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already asked that question and was told that I would have a mix of German and English boards.

I'm waiting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Kowalski
msg tools
jansar1 wrote:
Hi

Do you know if this expansion will be language independent?

Thanks in advance.

Yes. You don't need to know specific language to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Feathers
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be clear you won't need to know another language to be able to play it.

However, the new action board and exploration boards will have text on them. For me personally this means I will be waiting for an English copy.

It will be up to each individual though to know how important that is to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fabrice gadoux
France
Vitrolles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello
The base game was sold in french by Filosofia but was much expensive than the italian or german version. Even the english version was way too expensive. Do you know if the english and german versions will cost the same (approx)
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cédric V
Belgium
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
frayaka wrote:
Hello
The base game was sold in french by Filosofia but was much expensive than the italian or german version. Even the english version was way too expensive. Do you know if the english and german versions will cost the same (approx)
thanks

I agree fully. It was not understandable at that time. Usually, the price tag is linked to the volume. I remember that the price was much lower for dutch and italian versions even if they are smaller markets with less copies...
It was very surprising and disappointing.
But now, it is even worse since Filosofia has disappeared. Nusfjord and Fields of Arle expansion (as well as Marco Polo expansion from Filosafia catalogue) have not been localized in French. It would be logically z-man to do so. But it seems that is not enough profitable for Asmodée (without considering the negative impact on their brand image)...
Thus, I am worried for the future and all the French fans of Uwe Rosenberg's games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gernot Köpke
Germany
Biebesheim am Rhein
(Süd-)Hessen, "Piratosoph" https://twitter.com/Gernot_Koepke
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The eight islands are language independent. The names of the six new different start-sheds have no meaning to the gameplay and so on.

Only the action board might be a (in my eyes small) hurdle. The rows name like 'weekly market' (Wochenmarkt) match to some cards, also some names of action spaces like 'raiding' (Überfall). On the other hand, there are small pictures on the cards that show the row-picture and action space picture. This might be enough to understand what is meant. And learning 10 words in another language is not really hard, even with the better translating programms nowadays. So this depends also on your wish of luxury quality.
English and German are very close languages (even because of the viking-settlement influence in Britain - Old Norse is very close to Old German). I don't know much about the problems of russian and chinese letters knowing people to understand our letters. But the expansion is also offered in chinese!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.