Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
4) For people with address updates, it is too late to change your delivery address. If you emailed us before July 21st, as mentioned in Update #62, and we didn't update your address, that is our error and we will definitely re-ship your items! If you did not update your address before that deadline, we are happy to re-ship your order after main Kickstarter fulfillment has ended, but we will first have to charge you shipping for the new shipment.

So if in the 18 months after the project was originally supposed to have shipped, you missed that single email; it's your problem not theirs?

Great way to end the series on a high note...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Brown
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friend of mine tried multiple channels to update his address for months prior to that date and never got a response, and when they finally got around to talking to him said the same thing.

Luckily, he was able to coordinate with the landlord from the old apartment to get the box out of the trash, because apparently the new tenant wasn't expecting a 20lb box and threw it in the dumpster upon receiving it.

Yeah, it's a bummer. Really sorry for the people who experienced it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that’s some prime customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobbertoriley322 wrote:
Friend of mine tried multiple channels to update his address for months prior to that date and never got a response, and when they finally got around to talking to him said the same thing.
The update suggests they should have sent him a copy without the extra shipping charge in that situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Labrecque
msg tools
mb
I've had 3-4 customer service interactions with GtG and they have all gone smoothly. I wanted to add this because I feel like people who've had bad experiences tend to be more likely to post.

Also, we had all the way up until 2 weeks before they started shipping to update any address changes. And, it wasn't just one email. In almost every kickstarter update, someone asked about address changes in the comments and it was promptly answered by GtG. Both the board game geek and GtG forums have threads that include the information about how to do address updates. All easily found with 2-3 minutes of interwebbing.

That being said, sometimes bad stuff still happens. Companies are still run by humans. GtG are the kind of people that do their best to keep people happy. At least that's my experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Brown
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure. And to be fair, my experience was pleasant, apart from being over-anxious about knowing when my stuff would ship.

As constructive feedback to GTG, all I'm gonna say is that the Backerkit was locked down in February, but they let people update their addresses via email for another 4-5 months, knowing they would need the time for the game to print, package, and ship.

Given how one of the most common questions (apart from 'does the box fit sleeved cards?' ) has been 'how do I update my shipping address?', it would've been better to have waited to lock down until much closer to their anticipated ship date.

Either way, I've really got no dog in this race anymore, so I'll stop complaining. Just sympathizing with a fellow Rob about his painful experience with shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexa Elvrayen

California
msg tools
Was thinking the same thing, second Rob. Mine was part of a friends order, and when he tried to update the address in April/May (he moved out of town), they apparently didnt change it.
And since im not the original backer, I cant do anything about it. Just hoping my friend gets back in touch once he gets it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate T
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You all probably know this but I will say it anyways.

People might be great designers and artists but not be so good at organizing things.

You kinda have to be superconscious of emails on kickstarter. One reason why I check updates on my kickstarted games and search my email account for their emails regularly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Kelley
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think, "We'll reship you $40 game +whatever addons because the address you gave us was incorrect, but we're gonna need you to cover shipping," is at all close to, "Not our problem."
Believe me . . . it's a problem for them. That they're shipping again, after already shipping once is pretty cool. Makes good business sense, but still cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexa Elvrayen

California
msg tools
Many of us didnt provide the wrong address. We just moved after they locked down, and they stopped letting us update full months before the game had even started production. And while I understand that they need time to process everything, they should have had someone keeping an eye out for address updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Labrecque
msg tools
mb
Alexa_Elvrayen wrote:
Many of us didnt provide the wrong address. We just moved after they locked down, and they stopped letting us update full months before the game had even started production. And while I understand that they need time to process everything, they should have had someone keeping an eye out for address updates.

You didn't read any of these posts, did you? It's been stated numerous times in updates by GtG and forums (even this actual post) that after the backerkit locked down, anyone could update the shipping address through contact@greaterthangames.com You had until July 21, 2018 to do this: 2 weeks prior to shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Kelley
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did read the posts. All of them. The OP didn't say anything about being in that situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexa Elvrayen

California
msg tools
Bekkison wrote:

You didn't read any of these posts, did you? It's been stated numerous times in updates by GtG and forums (even this actual post) that after the backerkit locked down, anyone could update the shipping address through contact@greaterthangames.com You had until July 21, 2018 to do this: 2 weeks prior to shipping.

I had an email in by early June saying I needed to change it. They missed it. I dont see how thats on me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Kelley
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It isn't Alexa-- they shouldn't charge you for shipping if the mistake was theirs. They seem to agree?

"If you emailed us before July 21st, as mentioned in Update #62, and we didn't update your address, that is our error and we will definitely re-ship your items!"

I hope they stand by that promise too. It's only fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bekkison wrote:

To be clear, I tried to update my address in the backer kit but it was locked. I emailed GtG multiple times, without response. I PM'd GtG representatives, without response. I posted on the KS itself, without response. For all I know they are sending it to the correct address. But I can't know because they aren't responding.

I understand they are busy fulfilling orders. I understand GENCON also happened. I understand they are artists and not logisticians.

OTOH, I paid $189 for something 24 months ago which is now 18 months late in delivery. I'm perfectly willing to wait even longer and to have my delivery delayed because of the address change. What I'm not willing to do is pay twice for delivery because they are "busy."

I'm not a computer professional but I seriously doubt it would have been difficult to give an email the subject line "Important Address Update Deadline?" As opposed to an unchanging flow of generic KS "spam" (which tend to get lost in the shuffle).

"KickStarter update #58, KickStarter update #59, KickStarter update #60, KickStarter update #61, KickStarter update #62, KickStarter update #63, KickStarter update #64, KickStarter update #65, etc...?".

I mean, if it were important that's what I'd have done. But then again I am not a logistician.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With this whole KS being a giant fiasco, I would think that GtG should just reship the products for free. Every single step in this KS got f'ed up, and GtG needs to own it. I'm not pretending that I know what their profit margins are, but they got a whole lot of money up front to produce this, they can probably afford to resend some. Though it does sound like they are going to eat a good bit replacing missing/damaged items as well so maybe they can't afford to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Labrecque
msg tools
mb
Robrob wrote:
Bekkison wrote:

To be clear, I tried to update my address in the backer kit but it was locked. I emailed GtG multiple times, without response. I PM'd GtG representatives, without response. I posted on the KS itself, without response. For all I know they are sending it to the correct address. But I can't know because they aren't responding.

I understand they are busy fulfilling orders. I understand GENCON also happened. I understand they are artists and not logisticians.

OTOH, I paid $189 for something 24 months ago which is now 18 months late in delivery. I'm perfectly willing to wait even longer and to have my delivery delayed because of the address change. What I'm not willing to do is pay twice for delivery because they are "busy."

I'm not a computer professional but I seriously doubt it would have been difficult to give an email the subject line "Important Address Update Deadline?" As opposed to an unchanging flow of generic KS "spam" (which tend to get lost in the shuffle).

"KickStarter update #58, KickStarter update #59, KickStarter update #60, KickStarter update #61, KickStarter update #62, KickStarter update #63, KickStarter update #64, KickStarter update #65, etc...?".

I mean, if it were important that's what I'd have done. But then again I am not a logistician.

Again with the not reading. If you read my whole post, you would see that I wasn't responding to you. I was specifically responding to the following:

Quote:
Many of us didn't provide the wrong address. We just moved after they locked down, and they stopped letting us update full months before the game had even started production. And while I understand that they need time to process everything, they should have had someone keeping an eye out for address updates.

I mean, I even quoted it in my first post. Someone said they locked down addresses months before they shipped, and I pointed out that you could update your address all the way until 2 weeks before they shipped.

If you updated your address by email after the backerkit closed and before July 21, 2018, you absolutely should expect that they send you Oblivaeon, without having to pay more for shipping. If they got so backlogged that they missed your email, then I agree, it's on them to make it right. I'm totally on your side in that regard.

I was merely saying that anyone who gave up on updating their address after the backerkit closed should have done a bit more research first. Because, that information was readily available in just so many places.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bekkison wrote:
Robrob wrote:
Bekkison wrote:

Again with the not reading. If you read my whole post, you would see that I wasn't responding to you. I was specifically responding to the following:

Correct. I was just providing more detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.