Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I am missing something... There are only 8 in the box... and all the characters end up getting 2 talents each. There are not enough talents for a 5 person team...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Monsoon
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to check to make sure that each character truly does get 2 talents each. If you are looking at the top right number, one talent is earned per * displayed. Otherwise, each character is getting their starting powers, which having 2 per character makes more sense for those classes that grant them at Soul Rank I.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simpsonps121 wrote:
I think I am missing something... There are only 8 in the box... and all the characters end up getting 2 talents each. There are not enough talents for a 5 person team...

Are you taking about the retail box? That, I believe, just had the act I campaign which caps at lvl 4 and therefore 1 talent each. The expansions add act ii and will get you to lvl 8 and will include more talent cards when they hit retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, that makes sense!! Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sgsdfsfg sfdgdfgsdfg

Rinkaby
Sweden
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simpsonps121 wrote:

Are you sure you have 8? I only have 7 in pre Darkness falls. (KS edition) Am I missing one?

Edit: 7 is correct for the KS edition, according to https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1800138/immortal-pledge-com...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same question and as Wave 2 has arrived many months ago does anyone have an official answer or can Simone shed a bit of light:
By the time all the party get to Rank 7 all Heroes can have two Talents, so for four/five Hero parties that means one/three heroes will only end up with a single talent.
- Is this by design or were there meant to be additional Talents at one point ?
- Can we houserule to allow Heroes who miss out on a Talent to get an extra Power card (or, as I suspect, this my be too unbalanced as it may give extra high rank cards) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeerAndBoard wrote:
I have the same question and as Wave 2 has arrived many months ago does anyone have an official answer or can Simone shed a bit of light:
By the time all the party get to Rank 7 all Heroes can have two Talents, so for four/five Hero parties that means one/three heroes will only end up with a single talent.
- Can we houserule to allow Heroes who miss out on a Talent to get an extra Power card (or, as I suspect, this my be too unbalanced as it may give extra high rank cards) ?

At Soul Rank 7, each character gains their Legendary Talent, not an ordinary talent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abredon wrote:
BeerAndBoard wrote:

At Soul Rank 7, each character gains their Legendary Talent, not an ordinary talent.

That's not what this thread was about and what my necro'd question was about - I'm asking about not enough Talent cards to go around a four or five Hero party .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeerAndBoard wrote:
abredon wrote:
BeerAndBoard wrote:

That's not what this thread was about and what my necro'd question was about - I'm asking about not enough Talent cards to go around a four or five Hero party .

But there ARE enough Talents to go around. Everybody gets 1 regular Talent (before Soul Rank 7) and 1 Legendary Talent at Soul Rank 7 (the second * at SR7 is the Legendary Talent, not a 2nd regular Talent). You cannot opt to get a 2nd regular Talent.

No character can have 2 regular Talents, so there is always enough to go around, even in a 5 player game.

So the #** you see at soul rank 7 is still only 1 regular Talent and 1 Legendary Talent. If you look, the 2nd * only appears at Soul Rank 7
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abredon wrote:
BeerAndBoard wrote:
abredon wrote:
BeerAndBoard wrote:

But there ARE enough Talents to go around. Everybody gets 1 regular Talent (before Soul Rank 7) and 1 Legendary Talent at Soul Rank 7 (the second * at SR7 is the Legendary Talent, not a 2nd regular Talent). You cannot opt to get a 2nd regular Talent.

No character can have 2 regular Talents, so there is always enough to go around, even in a 5 player game.

So the #** you see at soul rank 7 is still only 1 regular Talent and 1 Legendary Talent. If you look, the 2nd * only appears at Soul Rank 7

Please advise where this is stated in the rulebook as I have scoured it and if it is there have obviously missed it. All I have found is the section differentiating Powers and Talents on the dial and depending on which it is you choose the respectively lableled Power or Talent card.
Is it in the Act II storybook, that I haven't read yet (not wanting any spoilers) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read the Darkness falls storybook intro and then the player aid sheet and have found reference to the Legendary Powers (my bolding):
Legendary Powers are incredible feats acquired as standard Powers when a hero reaches Soulrank VII (together with an additional Talent).

Both the bolded parts ('acquired as standard Powers', 'together with an additional Talent') completely disagree with your post.
Did you maybe read an update post by Simone here somewhere ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damianos Theodoropoulos
Greece
flag msg tools

According to the rulebook of immortal souls (v1.6) when you get a second * you just add a second Talent Power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dimos222 wrote:

According to the rulebook of immortal souls (v1.6) when you get a second * you just add a second Talent Power.

Yes, that is the rule but that is not in question as that section of the rules clearly differentiates between Powers and Talents.
What the thread subject, and my re-visiting of it, is about is that there are not enough generic Talent powers to go around for parties of four or five when Heroes reach rank 7. That is why I have asked if there has been an update/clarification/errata here, or somewhere else, by Simone on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

At soulrank 7, you'll have two talents. One of them will be a generic talent and one of them will be a legendary talent.

This point is not articulated very well by the rules, but it is enforced by the card distribution. I.e. you're correct in that there are not enough generic talents to give two of those to each [of five] players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damianos Theodoropoulos
Greece
flag msg tools
BeerAndBoard wrote:
dimos222 wrote:

Yes, that is the rule but that is not in question as that section of the rules clearly differentiates between Powers and Talents.
What the thread subject, and my re-visiting of it, is about is that there are not enough generic Talent powers to go around for parties of four or five when Heroes reach rank 7. That is why I have asked if there has been an update/clarification/errata here, or somewhere else, by Simone on this.

I was not pointing that out , i was pointing that the rulebook of Immortal Souls, does not differentiate between the first and the second Talent.

I am guessing that the legendary talents the others refer to , are part of the Vastaryous' Lair (Act 2 part 2) , since Darkness Falls is caped at level 6(i think till level 6 the talent cards are enough).

By the way Darkness Falls rules note that you have to combine Vastaryous Lair expansion to be able to reach soulrank VII.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I just want to add that the legendary talent cards are included in Vastaryous' Lair. And the reference card for VL says you can indeed have two generic talents if you really want to. However, you cannot have two legendary talents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dimos222 wrote:
[q="BeerAndBoard"][q="dimos222"]...
I am guessing that the legendary talents the others refer to , are part of the Vastaryous' Lair (Act 2 part 2) , since Darkness Falls is caped at level 6(i think till level 6 the talent cards are enough).

By the way Darkness Falls rules note that you have to combine Vastaryous Lair expansion to be able to reach soulrank VII.

OK, finally, I think that is the actual answer to the original OP and then me - you can't become Soulrank 7 unless you own Vastaryous Lair (I don't) and the additional generic Talent cards to allow all five Heroes to do this do indeed come with VL (I found a component list for VL that shows that).
Thanks to all for getting to this answer at the end, cheers cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
BeerAndBoard wrote:

you can't become Soulrank 7 unless you own Vastaryous Lair (I don't) and the additional generic Talent cards to allow all five Heroes to do this do indeed come with VL (I found a component list for VL that shows that).

Oh wow. That sucks. I didn't realise this. I was considering skipping Vastaryous Lair because I've got all of season 2 coming via KS....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregolution wrote:
BeerAndBoard wrote:

you can't become Soulrank 7 unless you own Vastaryous Lair (I don't) and the additional generic Talent cards to allow all five Heroes to do this do indeed come with VL (I found a component list for VL that shows that).

Oh wow. That sucks. I didn't realise this. I was considering skipping Vastaryous Lair because I've got all of season 2 coming via KS....

As someone who just finished playing Vastaryous' Lair.... you could probably just skip it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Fair enough. I've got to do arcane portal and act 2 before KS arrives anyway. Guess I won't be hitting level 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dimos222 wrote:

OK, I've had a read of the Darkness Falls player aid and opening pages of the Storybook (I'm not going to read any of the quests) and I can't find this - any hints please ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damianos Theodoropoulos
Greece
flag msg tools
BeerAndBoard wrote:
dimos222 wrote:

OK, I've had a read of the Darkness Falls player aid and opening pages of the Storybook (I'm not going to read any of the quests) and I can't find this - any hints please ...

In the retail version i have it is stated in the Story book , o page 3 , paragraph 3, tilted "Playing Darkness falls"
"The suggested Soulrank limit for this expansion is VI, reaching VII can be possible only combining Vastaryous'Lair expansion, but it may rdeuce the game challenge"

It is also writen in the aid Sheet , on the chapter about Heroes , with paragraph title "Soulrank rules for Act II"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dimos222 wrote:
BeerAndBoard wrote:
dimos222 wrote:

In the retail version i have it is stated in the Story book , o page 3 , paragraph 3, tilted "Playing Darkness falls"
"The suggested Soulrank limit for this expansion is VI, reaching VII can be possible only combining Vastaryous'Lair expansion, but it may rdeuce the game challenge"

It is also writen in the aid Sheet , on the chapter about Heroes , with paragraph title "Soulrank rules for Act II"

Those texts don't exist in the KS documents (just a minimum rank), so obviously updated since then for the Retail edition - maybe because they realised that the Talent cards didn't exist in the games up to Darkness Falls to go to rank 7 whistle.
So we don't get to go to rank 7 unless we go and buy VL - we will probably just play under the KS rules and, if our Heroes do well enough, still go to rank 7 in Darkness Falls.

Anyway, good to get the final bit of the answer but it would have been good to see that update posted somewhere that KS owners could see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.