Hide
8 Posts

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Centre Board Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Woodland
msg tools
Just something that came to mind, does the centre board squares represent 1 or 2 in respect to movement and shooting range?

We treated them as two because of the size of square.

Now i wonder if it is time enough to start compiling a FAQ for Jason and the team to answer and post on the website and the Geek?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patricia Fedak
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe each square only counts as one.

I do have a couple of questions I'd love to add onto that list too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me at the moment, but I definitely remember being mentioned that the center squares are just normal squares. They just allow you to move faster and shoot further.

Why? Well, they are open ground. The moonlight makes it possible to see further without all the shadows between the buildings. This also means you can move faster because you see where threats may be located. Does that make sense?

I think it's a very elegant mechanic that actually loosely reminded me of "Bonaparte at Marengo" and "Napoleon's Triumph" where terrain effects are built into the shape of the squares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
The large spaces count as one space, as it states in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Woodland
msg tools
Thanks guys, must take a bit more time to read the book again. Looking forward to some more games this weekend.

O.k i still want to be the one to create/collate a list for the Team at FFG, so if you have a question that is in need of an answer, or you feel needs to be in a FAQ PM me and i will draw up a list and email it to the team (Of course with the permission of FFG)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Amador
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I also find that it adds a level of excitement to have different sized squares... sometimes a zombie is across the board, and uses the shamble card, rolls a 6 and bam! hes standing right infront of you!

You forget they get across the middle so quickly...

You want us to email you the FAQ questions?

r

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Woodland
msg tools
I would normally post my email, but on a public forum i dont like to do this. Drop me a quick message with your email, and i will send you one from there, that way we dont get hit by spammers ect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
??? But why not just post and compile them from here? Help here (by the author!) is fast. And apart from one or two, most questions here came up because someone missed something in the rulebook. Even the other "uncertainties" could have been solved by strictly following the rulebook and not interpreting too much into them. These do not belong in a FAQ, because a large FAQ could lead to the assumption that there is something wrong with the rules - which is not the case!

I'm not saying there won't be any questions in the future - especially regarding the interaction of cards. But up to now, I am very happy with the very clearly written rules. The "f" in FAQ means "frequently" -I wouldn't know any of these.

What I am really interested in is the question about how people think the "Zombie Conga Line" works. I don't see how it could when playing according to the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.