Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a recent session with only two players, the chef kept showing up very early in the rounds, so we decided to shuffle him into the bottom third of the deck. We enjoyed the play much more this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Fortin
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:House rule
RogMcK (#35415),

I don't see how the moment Mamma Mia appears could have any effect on the pleasure of playing this game. Although I love being the "chosen" one and feel somewhat disappointed when I'm not, it doesn't affect my playing and my enjoyment of the game one bit. Would you care to explain? Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fortinm (#35420),

We like the chance to actually have a few recipes in the oven before the baking begins. If the chef shows up early, the rounds ends too quickly. We had the chef show up once before there were ANY recipes in the oven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rene Wiersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
RogMcK (#35421),

According to the rules the round doesn't end when the chef shows up. The round ends when the deck is exhausted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zaiga (#35423),

D' oh! My mistake. I am still new to the game. So much for the dive-right-in style of learning a new game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fer moros
South Korea
Kwang-Ju
Gwangju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogMcK (#35425),

yes the chef it is only a marker for some player to do the checking.. when playing with new players is better to leave him in the box for the first game, and the experience player do the checking.. in that way the checking goes smoothly and the new players dont get confused about the role of the MAMMA MIA card...
(my opinion, anyway)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
Montara
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
fmoros (#43456),
I don't think the Mamma Mia card is that confusing for newbies. In fact, assigning the role to an experienced player unfairly benefits the experienced player. Because, at the end of the current round, after all of the orders have been made (or not), the player with the Mamma Mia card gets to go first, possibly taking advantage of those ingredients left from the previous round.
I find that most newbies are able to grasp the game with a short demonstration, and then playing the game for real.
--mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.