Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregg Prendergast
United States
Newton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the Basic Plunder game be played with 5 or 6 players, using the two extra ships from the Commodore's game but NOT the rules from the Commodore's game? Seems to me that Fleets are too powerful and I prefer the simpler Plunder game but we have 5 players in our game group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played a dozen or so games with 5-6 players, I say yes. Just download a couple of extra player mats. There are more than enough cards to support 5-6 players. I don't recall ever running out of silver, flag, or resource tokens either, but if we have, it's no big deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tripp Corbin
United States
Unspecified
Georgia
flag msg tools
Yes abosolutely. We did this during play testing and it worked OK. The big advantage is the Map expands faster meaning more fun and opertunities.

I am glad to hear folks are still playing. I was at Dragon Con this weekend hoping to find players but did not see any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
trippcor wrote:

I am glad to hear folks are still playing.

Are you kidding me? Plunder is a modern classic. It is the perfect pirate game. The design is brilliant. It packs everything pirety into such a quick and evocative game. Other pirate games slap on the theme or struggle with overly complex mechanics to bring out the theme. Plunder does it logically and innovatively. It's one of the very few games that I feel was designed just for me and better than I could have done. It is still one of our top two or three games played. The problem is that I don't log in my games played and I don't attend cons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie L
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Why thank ye sir- You just made my day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie L
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Maybe we'll make DC next year to play some hands in the common area. Though I'll have to adjust the maternity pirate costume .

The pictures from the Yule Ball I've seen from DC look really cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Leslie
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sky Knight X wrote:
Are you kidding me? Plunder is a modern classic. It is the perfect pirate game. The design is brilliant. It packs everything pirety into such a quick and evocative game. Other pirate games slap on the theme or struggle with overly complex mechanics to bring out the theme. Plunder does it logically and innovatively. It's one of the very few games that I feel was designed just for me and better than I could have done. It is still one of our top two or three games played. The problem is that I don't log in my games played and I don't attend cons.

Completely seconded. Had to resurrect a dead thread just to say how much I agree with this post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.