Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG General

Subject: More on thumbs... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
With all the talk of thumbs since the sudden jump for most people, I looked a little closer at them and have a couple of questions.

I see thumb counts for these things:

GeekLists
GeekList Items
GeekList Comments
Images
Image Comments
Threads
Replies to Threads
Files
File Comments

First of all, what are Threads & Replies to Threads?:

Threads = Game Articles + Forum Threads?
Replies to Threads = Game Article Replies + Forum Replies?

And secondly, I don't see entries for Reviews or Session Reports. Are those thumbs not included?
[size=3]
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I am the wasp / that burrows in! I am the shriek / of twilight din!
Avatar
mbmbmb
Your post is the beginning of a thread, called More on thumbs...

What I'm writing now is a reply to a thread.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I get that part.

But if you look at the possible types of contributions, there are some things called Threads and other things called Articles but in the thumbs list, only Threads are referred to.

To put the question another way: Are Game Articles and Replies to Game Articles also considered Threads and Replies to Threads (respectively)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EvanMinn wrote:


And secondly, I don't see entries for Reviews or Session Reports. Are those thumbs not included?


Reviews and Session Reports are types of threads and are counted in that category.

-MMM
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Don't stress over thumbs. If you want more thumbs PM me, I'll send you an address to which you can send a personal check or money order. For a fee of $50/hr I will thumb your content with all my shill accounts.


Who's stressing?

I never even really looked at it much till this sudden unusual spurt.

I am just trying to understand the seeming disconnect between the terms in the two parts of the contributions reports - the contributions part and the thumbs part.

If you don't know the answers don't go projecting motives that aren't there just to have something to say.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
EvanMinn wrote:


And secondly, I don't see entries for Reviews or Session Reports. Are those thumbs not included?


Reviews and Session Reports are types of threads and are counted in that category.

-MMM


Thank you.

And is my assumption that the terms 'articles' and 'threads' are equivilants correct?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EvanMinn wrote:

And is my assumption that the terms 'articles' and 'threads' are equivilants correct?


Aye.

-MMM
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Fade
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Koldfoot wrote:
Don't stress over thumbs. If you want more thumbs PM me, I'll send you an address to which you can send a personal check or money order. For a fee of $50/hr I will thumb your content with all my shill accounts.



Hey hey! That's an even cheaper deal than the shady, hooded Brazilian offered me.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.