GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,370 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Would You Rather...?» Forums » Reviews

Subject: User review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob McFadden
United States
Cherry Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Game night any night!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a game that I had since 1998, was stolen, then found cheap at a flea market. It's a party favorite of mine... not for the "competitive juices" but more for fun and laughs.

Object - Enjoying conversation with questions serving as the starting blocks. A winner is declared when a player completes three challenges.

Teach-ability - Fast and easy. The rules have a brief summary in the margin.

Setup - shuffle up, tokens at start, and go!

Length - 15 minutes and up

Gameplay - Players attempt to predict how the group will answer an either/or question. Both choices are unsavory in some way (some categories are pain, fear, embarrassment, ethics). The player continues until they predict incorrectly, or complete a challenge. The challenge spaces have a separate deck of cards (examples are "would you do it," "invent a question," "fill in the blank"). If the player completes the challenge, they move up to the inner circle (Talisman-style). The third level is just a challenge space (Crown of Command-style). If they complete a challenge on each of the three different "circles" the game is over.

Strategy - The game explicitly forbids the use of strategy... discussion of each question should be spontaneous and sincere.

Theme - I'd call it "Just Have Fun." The rules are set up to keep the game moving quickly, with a "Notes" section on how to play within the game's spirit. Well considered and presents a clear message... enjoy!

Fun Factor - Not a game for the aggressive/introverted/competitive types. However, if these traits can be suspended for a party game, I think it could be enjoyed by most party goers. Can be played with teams, but seems most ideal for 6-8 individual players. Bottom line... a great party game!

Variants - team play, but this involves more "down time" as the first team whispers about which choice they feel the second team will go with.
At the web site www.would-you-rather.com, there is a book of further questions, and another version (the "sick and twisted" version) of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.