Mark Ainsworth
msg tools
new user
https://hi2allabouttown.itch.io/battle-board-chess

I made my design into an app, its free for windows, it has a couple of A.I. .

its my rotating chit system, I successfully put the rules into it, its lots of fun, but it shows how the rules work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark, how many accounts have you created over the years here?

It looks pretty playable. Might try it some day on the kis' game/windows computer if I remember to. Aesthetically your chess game reminds me of an old (early 1900s) game called Battle that I added to bgg a few months or so ago. Have played that with VASSAL. No rotations of units in that game though, they just look a bit similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ainsworth
msg tools
new user
I tend to change internet providers when my contracts run out, and I don't like leaving accounts online if I may not be able to use them , so I close them.

hope you give it a try, but if you don't the print n play version is included
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Monroe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy to learn. I didn't have much trouble beating the computer, even on hard.

I wonder if the game would stall a bit with a human opponent. Both players seem likely to deeply wall-in the crown pieces.

What tools did you use to write this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ainsworth
msg tools
new user
I'm working on improving the A.I. its become a hobby making the boardgame into an app. I used blitzmax to create it. thanks for trying it out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ainsworth
msg tools
new user
ok I did a major update to the A.I. if you want to try in the future, your coments pushed me to improve the adavanced A.I. it still needs more work in the future but im happy now. its better at the end
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ainsworth
msg tools
new user
I added a hotseat version, so you can play solo, and explore the strategy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.