Subject: Frontline Seasons 2-4 in one game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Parent
Canada
Vankleek Hill
Ontario
flag msg tools
Last night we played two games incorporating all of seasons 2 through 4. (Tech Commanders, Factions, Alien Invasion).

Overall, the factions were the most enjoyed of the changes, the Tech Commanders were found to be irritating but sometimes fun, and the Aliens combined with these two just seemed to make the game TOO FREAKING RANDOM. For example, one player lost control of two continents in one year between turns to alien trickery. In a five turn game, a turn of no returns can be devastating.

We had issue with some of the Tech Cards. Several players were less than impressed with Combat Enhancers when they were played to defend Territory A from Territory B - then the owner of Territory B did a single attack, then switched to attacking territory C, and then attacked Territory A from Territory C, thus not suffering udner the Combat Enhancers anymore. Effectively, we are looking at changing the enhancers to be either a flat +1 for a single territory attacking or defending for the full turn, or reducing the cost of the card to zero.

On the other hand, I have received the Time Dilation shaft no less than three times in those two games, always in turns where I spent a boat-load of energy to get the turn sequence I 'needed'.

Cute.

Not.

But I'll not blame that on the Tech Commander, I actually like those kinds of twists added to the game.

In the end the only Frontline expansion we didn't use was the Mars set. I've played about a dozen games on the Mars board, and it just DOESN'T work with less than 5 players. The board is too open and too hard to defend. At 5 players, we had some pretty sweet games, but at three and four (what we had last night for the two games), a standard Earth game is a lot more fulfilling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dork Designs
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Frontline Seasons 2-4 in one game
HellHound (#35501),

Have a little question...

I hope I dont sound stupid asking this but, where can I find more information on these expansions. I have seen people talking about them but are they in the stores? Are they Promo Items? Somebody explain this to me please.

Thanks!

DevilDuck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lopez
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Get off my lawn!
badge
The explanation: Impossible Triangle + TW (my company initials) = my logo.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Frontline Seasons 2-4 in one game
Devilduck (#48738),

Frontline is a program by Wizards of the Coast where they sent packs out to retailers that were designed for holding tournaments. There are 4 frontline kits for Risk 2210, but I have no idea how to get them except via E-bay :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.