Shadowrun: Crossfire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Splitting damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lina Wrang
Norway
flag msg tools
mb
I know you can't split damage between obstacles, but can do some of the damage from a card to an obstacle, then the damage from another card, and then the rest of the damage from the first card?

Say you need 3BB3 and you play a card that deals 6 damage of any color plus two quick shots. Can you use half of the damage from the 6 damage card, then the two quick shots and then the remaining 3 damage from the first card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
forger42 wrote:
I know you can't split damage between obstacles, but can do some of the damage from a card to an obstacle, then the damage from another card, and then the rest of the damage from the first card?

Say you need 3BB3 and you play a card that deals 6 damage of any color plus two quick shots. Can you use half of the damage from the 6 damage card, then the two quick shots and then the remaining 3 damage from the first card?
Short answer: yes

Long answer:
You generate damage into a damage pool as you play cards.
Each card is then allocated to an obstacle before you begin to deal that damage.
Then, obstacle by obstacle, you apply all of the damage from the assigned pool to that obstacle's levels.

For a track like: 3/B/B/3
My groups often find it more convenient to say "8 damage applied, 2 of which is BLACK".

Any numerical level not completely cleared 'bounces'.

Again for track: 3/B/B/3
If you only had 7 damage, 2 of which was BLACK, you would only clear 3/B/B/3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lina Wrang
Norway
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, thanks
 Thumb up