Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the app a few weeks ago. Really enjoying it, but whenever I have a fun game that makes it into the Mid War phase, the AI pretty much always loses whenever it has more than 1 scoring cards in a hand. It plays one on the last card of its turn and then loses the game by ending the turn while holding another one.

This is a really obvious bug - is Playdek still updating the app fairly regularly? Any hope of this getting fixed or should I move to playing strictly on-line?

I thought they used some sort of super sophisticated neural net to train the AI by playing millions of AI versus AI games. How on earth did something like this ever get through?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m not aware of any updates to the app in a very long time. A quick check on the Apple store reveals that it’s been over a year.

Benkyo keeps a list of known bugs here:
http://playdek.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/4575-comple...

However, what you describe is technically not a bug. The AI is not super sophisticated. I strongly recommend playing human opponents online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info.

At my level, though, it plays a fine, very entertaining game until this stupid bug hits - and it will pretty much almost always hit at some point during the last 7 turns. It would be nice to get a hard fought legitimate win against the AI before playing with others.

============

Looks like all of the bugs on the site are multiplayer bugs. Didn't see anything AI related.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:
Looks like all of the bugs on the site are multiplayer bugs. Didn't see anything AI relaed.

That is true. But since the bugs haven't been fixed, I wouldn't hold your breath for better AI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls