3 Posts

Root» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Which cards for which factions ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo Marzolf
msg tools
Hey all,

So there is a lot of different cards in this game and a lot of different factions . Therefore a question that comes up naturally is : what are the best cards for each factions ? Are there some interesting dynamics you can create between a card and a faction ability ?

I am talking here about the crafted cards abilities. I think this is an interesting question especially for the vagabond and the river folk: the vagabond to make sure you are not aiding a faction with a card they will really use. The river folk to be able to sell your cards better by arguing their value to each faction.

Thoughts ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cobbler is particularly good for the Woodland Alliance, as it's an extra officer set to Move, and, unlike other factions, they can take other military operations afterwards on the same turn, so it lets them set up Battle and Organize actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Vogel
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
I would refer you to the following thread for more info on this subject. They address ideal crafting for each faction.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2145080/enemies-my-enemies-...

Also, this strategy guide is even more exhaustive and breaks down specific cards you should be aiming for. Both excellent reading imo.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2138017/root-strategy-guide

In summary, crafting preferences are:
Cats-Bunny clearings (for the extra actions they need)
Birds-Mice or Fox clearings
Vagabond-craft everything!
Lizards-Bunny clearings (for the extra actions they desperately need!)
Riverfolk-Mice or Fox clearings
Woodland Alliance-Fox clearings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.