Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Stedman
United Kingdom
Alton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
Has anybody else got a verdict on this deck. We have just played 3 full games between Flit and Mimix and each time hands down win to the Mimix. It appears that the Flit are far weaker has anybody else had this problem? If not what tactics are you using to win?
Cheers
Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Re:The Flit Deck
shonenknife (#35587),

I have a session report with some details of Flit games(against the Vulca and the Mimix) - the Flit won both games rather easily.

The Flit have a lot of ability to manipulate the dragons themselves and can recycle some of their powerful cards. They are a slippery deck and you have to play that way. Don't try to get into a match of brute strength - you need to use your special abilities to their advantages.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-François Gagné
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say that the Flit deck is perhaps the most difficult to use well. More than the hoax.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Farrell
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

These discussions of play balance seem rather amusing to me. We've played the Hoax, Vulca, and Flit a fair amount now and the only play balance issue seems to be that a player who knows what he is doing is rather more likely to win. Our games are routinely quite close between experienced players.

All 3 decks we've played so far are quite different, and require different approaches. It's also clear that it's going to take a few plays just to get the feel of how the different decks work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-François Gagné
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cfarrell (#35772),
And how they must be played against one another (an anti-support strategy against the Flit is useless).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
DjihEf wrote:
(an anti-support strategy against the Flit is useless).

Precisely, but those cards have to be played at some time to run out the deck (it is unlikely the Flit will run out theirs first) so it is important to find opportunities to play those cards against the Flit, even though they do nothing.

Similarly, you feel differently about your character with 4 fire depending on if you are facing the Hoax or the Vulca.

I'm already feeling constrained by having only four decks to play (I'm not really interested in the deck building option at this point) and am looking forward to exploring how the new decks play and interact against others. In the meantime I still need to perfect my style with the Mimix.

-MMM

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-François Gagné
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian (#35817),
I agree with you there. Although it would be interesting to get the two Heroines together in either the Vulca or Mimix deck, I think that the decks as they are are great.

Still luck of the draw does play an important part...although I had forgotten to "not start a fight and discard and draw".

Definitely can't wait for the next decks. I think with a total of 8 decks, the game will reach its full potential and should have an infinitely high replayability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
DjihEf wrote:
Octavian (#35817),
I agree with you there. Although it would be interesting to get the two Heroines together in either the Vulca or Mimix deck, I think that the decks as they are are great.

Actually I have been reassembling the decks as much as is possible with the current decks by returning cards like the Heroine that comes in the Vulca deck back to the people set it belongs to.

Still luck of the draw does play an important part...

Sure, but only in any given short term scenario. Since players will go through most of their cards any lucky runs should even out over the course of entire game. Playing enough games to get to five points mediates the effects of luck further.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Actually I have been reassembling the decks as much as is possible with the current decks by returning cards like the Heroine that comes in the Vulca deck back to the people set it belongs to.

I presume you are doing this in all four cases, keeping each deck at 30 cards. (Each currently gains one card from one of the other decks, leaving it with 27 own people cards, 2 "guest" cards plus 1 mutant.) Note that, as far as I know, this isn't a playtested option, although looking at what you gain and give up it's not a big change. I reckon the Flit gain a bit more than the others because Volcanic Gauntlets is probably less valuable than Hank Highflier Hawk in a Flit deck (with only three characters gaining more than two earth). The Mimix gain a useful pair, but the support they lose is useful too. But that's not based on any play, only looking at the cards.

Provided you buy your decks two at a time, you should be able to keep this pattern up. Of course by then you may want to be constructing decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Perriam
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dearlove (#35891),

played flit for 1st time tonite vs mimix.

long game.

in the end i as the flit lost 2 dragons to 0.

i found the the flit interesting to play. so very different to hoaz / vulca.

not sure bout weaker.....to early to tell.

i would say that like i found the hoax, the flit need a lot more thinking done to play them well i suspect.

am looking 4ward to many more flit / mimix games and then using flit / mimix vs either hoax or vulca.

flit are weak in support - ie filt do not have even 1 support card !!!!!!!!!1

whilst mimix have advantage of paired characters AND FREE character cards to ! strong deck playey well imho.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-François Gagné
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove (#35891),
Haven't tweaked with the decks yet. First of all, too many games to play at the same time and I find that they are extremely well balanced (although some, as mentionned before, are more difficult to play).

But reuniting the decks looks like a good idea. I guess I'm simply thinking a "why fix something when it's not broken." Then again, I've always despised deck-making (I really enjoy playing Magic, but I truly do not like making decks).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I guess I'm simply thinking a "why fix something when it's not broken." Then again, I've always despised deck-making (I really enjoy playing Magic, but I truly do not like making decks).

If you don't enjoy making decks, don't make decks. After all, once all eight decks are available there will be 28 different match-ups to play.

But for those who look into deck building, what I think is a plus point of Blue Moon is that deck-building isn't just "pick any 30 cards" but is aimed at allowing you to modify decks, rather than designing from scratch. A Flit deck created using the advanced rules will still be a Flit deck. But some have commented on the Flit's lack of supports (not an accident of course). With the deck building you can, for example, put some supports into a Flit deck and see how that plays. Or perhaps you want to drop in a few strong characters. And I've yet to find a deck that can't use a Muster Reinforcements (but not all want to spend four moons on it).

And finally there's that tantalising little Note on page 19. And that's all I have to say on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-François Gagné
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove (#36811),
And finally there's that tantalising little Note on page 19

About deck building changing with future cards? Can't wait to see that either.

Concerning deck building, I guess the whole not from scratch point of view does make sense. You have to respect a certain race (unlike Magic where you can go free for all with all 5 colours).

Anyone knows how the future deck will be sold? Hoax/Vulca form or Mimix/Flit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
DjihEf wrote:
Anyone knows how the future deck will be sold? Hoax/Vulca form or Mimix/Flit?

I imagine like the Mimix and Flit decks are sold.

One of my only complaints about the game is that the Hoax and Vulca decks did not come in their own deck sleeves. The deck sleeves for the Mimix and Flit both fit perfectly in the card slots from the main box. I would have liked to have the option of bringing them in their own smaller sleeves if I wanted to match wits against someone who also had the game.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And finally there's that tantalising little Note on page 19

[i]About deck building changing with future cards? Can't wait to see that either.
[i]
I might not need to wait ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish somebody would elucidate on just *how* they are winning with the Flit. General adjectives like "slippery" and "clever" don't really describe much. In my group, the Flit have yet to win - they seem severely hampered by their lack of Support, and the Retrieval of all their Characters only seems to make it difficult to win double dragons.

So what is a *good* way to play the Flit? Just always play double boosters?

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
CapAp (#47682),

Know when to play double boosters. Play characters by themselves as often as possible. Also know when to retrieve a character and when to leave him down. There are a few characters that are able to withstand multiple rounds by themselves.

The special power texts on the character cards and leadership cards are some of the best in the game. Make good use of them. Particularly those that manipulate the movement of dragons.

As you noted, the Flit will seldom win two dragons (an exception is performing a largescale Mega Launch - a very powerful card when it can be set up well). The Flit need to win many small battles while forcing opponents to burn through their own decks. The last couple battles should be fairly easy Flit victories as the opponent has few cards left to choose from whereas the Flit player has more flexibility.

The most common Flit victory is winning due to the opponent running out of cards and having faught to at least a tie (all dragons in the center of the board) or having one or two dragons on their own side. Remember that if all dragons are in the center the player who didn't run out of cards wins - that is rarely going to be the Flit. Flit need only withstand the biggest onslaughts of the opponent in the early and mid game. Make opponents use a lot of cards and then play a card that limits them to winning only one dragon anyway. Throw away the less good characters to attract a dragon with the appropriate leadership card.

Remember, the tiebreaker rules mean that when the fight starts the Flit are effectively already winning because it will almost certainly be the other player that runs out of cards first. All you need to do is play for a tie.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.