Descent: Journeys in the Dark» Forums » Rules

Subject: Minimum cards in Overlord's deck? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't found anything that mentions a min/max size of the Overlord's deck. I know that the expansions add new spawn cards and the Treachery cards, and by adding those spawn cards you increase the size of the deck. So can you remove cards to a minimum size?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Duchesne
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SanguinousRex wrote:
I haven't found anything that mentions a min/max size of the Overlord's deck. I know that the expansions add new spawn cards and the Treachery cards, and by adding those spawn cards you increase the size of the deck. So can you remove cards to a minimum size?

Short answer: Absolutely not.

Long answer:
Given that heroes lose conquest tokens whenever you run through your Overlord deck, the deck size is actually a constrain on your end, not the heroes'.
Expansions will indeed add some cards to the deck, making it bigger, but that's supposedly accounted for by the nasty critters its gaining. As for Treachery cards, once you've "purchased" them with treachery points, you must substitute them with existing cards in the deck. So you can customize the contents (to some extend), but never the deck size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimi Essex
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
A house rule some people use for treachery is to add the treachery cards and not remove anything from the OL deck. I use this rule, seems to even out the power of the new cards a bit. So if you start using treachery cards in your games and the heroes cry foul, give it a whirl. ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Buel
United States
Hollywood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SanguinousRex wrote:

In fact, you have to; you must remove a card for each Treachery card you add. That way the deck remains the same size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.