Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Mezzotero
msg tools
designer
I swear
badge
Running on last click
mbmbmbmbmb
Last game I played the Riverfolks in a 4-player game with the Marquise, Eyrie and Woodland Alliance.

After a couple of turns where other players were shy of buyings services from me, I instituted a little "incentive": any players who didn't buy anything from me in the previous turn would be attacked. I also reminded them of the Riverfolk ease at recruiting and attacking everywhere along the river.

Well, let's just say that from that moment on everybody was much more eager to make good deals
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua
United States
Parkland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, more like a Riverfolk "Family", then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice pile of wood you got there, shame if somebody else ruled the clearing, though. We can help you move it with a few of your guys, you won’t even miss them, they’ll be right back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard B
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
www.nine2fivestudios.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is exactly how I played it too. "Buy my stuff, or I will burn you to the ground. It's not personal, simply business." Pretty effective.

Also had this weird situation where I would burn down a sawmill, the cat would pay for my troops, then build a new saw mill. Rinse and repeat for almost the entire game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simland wrote:
This is exactly how I played it too. "Buy my stuff, or I will burn you to the ground. It's not personal, simply business." Pretty effective.

Also had this weird situation where I would burn down a sawmill, the cat would pay for my troops, then build a new saw mill. Rinse and repeat for almost the entire game.

Makes sense - that's a win-win. The Root method for insurance fraud!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you get enough warriors to leverage a threat like this? I mean... maybe if you dump all four warriors into one clearing along the river. But I find 2 warriors is kind of limiting if you don't have a number of warriors on the board already- the buildup plus march + attack takes the wind out of Riverfolk threats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Loki
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree, I'm not convinced you can get enough warriors on the board to do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.