GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,370 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Combat Commander: Europe» Forums » Rules

Subject: How Long Do Bonuses Last in Op Fire? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what happened...

I activated a leader with a move order. I moved a squad forward one hex and my opponent played a Fire action + Crossfire + Sustained Fire, so he got a shot at me at +4.

I then moved the same squad another hex forward and, since the Fire action was still active, he shot again. BUT, are the Crossfire and the Sustained Fire still active? Will he get +4 for the duration of the Move order?

I thought that each MP expenditure was treated as a separate event and each needed to be augmented separately. In other words, the +4 only applied to the initial hex moved into and he would have to play more cards to get bonuses in subsequent hexes.

We still weren't sure, but went on with the game. How should the bonuses have been applied?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Actions (such as crossfire, sustained fire) are only active for a single fire attack roll. To add +4 to the second hex, another set of actions needs to be played.

Read the rule literally...

Crossfire may only be played just prior to a player making a Fire Attack Roll....

Nowhere does it say for all Op Fire rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jensen
United States
SANTA ROSA
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi David,

All die roll bonuses apply only to that very next roll. Any subsequent roll -- even within the same Action/Order -- will be at face-value unless a new Action is played from the hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.