Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Team Play, when evil is trying to find the ring, if they control the territory and have a leader there, do they get +2 to the dice roll (the way I've been playing), or +4 to the dice roll (which would include all listed bonuses in the ruleset)? Just want to make sure I'm playing correctly....

Also, when attacking with a leader, if the entire *attacking* army is wiped out (of course, leaving 1 army remaining to hold the original territory), is the leader wiped off too? It seems this would be the case, since the leader actually would physically move into the territory it is attacking...much the same logic as only applying bonuses if you commit your leader. Otherwise, what is the *disadvantage* to having your leader participate in an attack?

Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-François Gagné
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Rules question
butsam (#35601),
To answer your first question, I would say +2. The rules are a bit ambiguous, but it makes more sense since a plus +4 would make the whole thing way too easy.

As for the Leader, I would say he stays alive. The disadvantage of having your leader is that you MUST move him in the territory if you used him and succeeded. Furthermore, there are very few ways to get a new leader, might as well make them last as long as possible since they do not change that much. (Not in our last team play where Minas Morgul was massacered).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DjihEf wrote:
As for the Leader, I would say he stays alive. The disadvantage of having your leader is that you MUST move him in the territory if you used him and succeeded. Furthermore, there are very few ways to get a new leader, might as well make them last as long as possible since they do not change that much. (Not in our last team play where Minas Morgul was massacered).

I don't see that being a disadvantage. On the "free move", you can just move the leader back to the territory it came from. Thus, we are back to no disadvantage...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon M
United Kingdom
Hitchin
Herts
flag msg tools
butsam (#37272),

But you can only make one free move at the end of your turn, so moving your leader is at the expense of any other troop movement. In addition the leader cannot be used for further combats with your main force in that turn (assuming you move only the minimum into the region attacked and leave your main force behind). It's quite a disadvantage in my eyes.

This obviously assumes you don't play the house rule of allowing your leaders to move as well as your free move at the end of your turn. I personnaly wouldn't play this house rule as it reduces the choices you have to make in the game. Part of the fun is "do I send my leader to an out of the way location to cash in an adventure card or use him for a battle, or redeploy some un-used troops, etc"

Going back to the original question I would play he isn't killed (if all the units die), just returns to the region the attack was launched from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.