flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Farren wrote:
FATNOOB wrote:
Farren wrote:
Aumerle wrote:
Howdy all,

First time player here - I'll try to do my best. Browsed through a few games and am familiar with Mafia (which this ruleset is very similar to) but I suspect playing will be very different from observing.

I've noticed in previous games that folks tend to meta vote people to start - I'll probably hold off on that until I get a feel for the game. Right now it feels sort of like wandering around in a dark room

Greetings!

There's certainly no obligation to cast any meta-votes. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't; depends on mood more than anything. Just sit back, relax, interact with people - and either figure out who the wolves are, or create a cunning web of lies and deceit to ensnare the village in your clutches.

Sounds like aux coaching a noob wolf to me

Caught you! cool

Sheeit I made that too easy. You'll never guess my partners though...muahaha

Still slightly bummed we didn't get another CC battle in the Santa game soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Farren wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:
I also want d one immunity since i get NKed early so frequently in this set

Counting the moments until someone uses this as an excuse to vote for you.

[vote vanders]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whirlingdervish wrote:
Farren wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:

[vote vanders]

how many moments was that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Player (13/15) - # - Voted by

stonecutter129 - 2 - Farren(1), BerenCamlost(3)
Smugs - 1 - FATNOOB(4)
BerenCamlost - 1 - Mrfan(5)
Vanderscamp - 1 - whirlingdervish(6)
Farren - 0 - whirlingdervish(2)

Not Voting: acox89, Aumerle, Jedit, Scarlett_O, Smugs, stonecutter129, The_Rorab, Vanderscamp

Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Lynch time is at 4:00 PM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 4:30 PM BGG

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

BerenCamlost - 1 - stonecutter129(3)
Farren - 1 - stonecutter129(1)
FATNOOB - 1 - Smugs(4)
Mrfan - 1 - BerenCamlost(5)
whirlingdervish - 2 - Farren(2), Vanderscamp(6)

Not Voting: acox89, Aumerle, Jedit, Scarlett_O, Smugs, stonecutter129, The_Rorab, Vanderscamp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
“Good-bye and hello, as always.”
badge
“I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.” ― Roger Zelazny, The Courts of Chaos
mbmbmbmbmb
whirlingdervish wrote:
Farren wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:

[vote vanders]

I guess this answers my question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farren Bronaugh
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I *am* smiling.
mbmbmbmbmb
FATNOOB wrote:
Sheeit I made that too easy. You'll never guess my partners though...muahaha

Still slightly bummed we didn't get another CC battle in the Santa game soblue

That would have been hysterical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aumerle wrote:
Thanks Vanders - I think I've actually seen that post before (I've browsed through a few of the earlier games in this set). I also read through a previous game where you were pretty seriously being accused of being evil on D1. Does that happen a lot?

Vanders has a (deserved) reputation as being a strong player, regardless of alignment + lives on the other side of the planet as most of us, so he sometimes gets D1 flak for not being active/rocking the socks off of everyone. I think it used to be a lot worse than now though.

What do you make of him asking for D1 immunity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farren Bronaugh
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I *am* smiling.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aumerle wrote:
whirlingdervish wrote:
Farren wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:

[vote vanders]

I guess this answers my question.

Eh, I wouldn't take a vote this early in the game as a serious accusation of Evil.

More likely whirlingdervish was trying to mess with either Vanders, me, or both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day (she/her)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf, but I'm definitely wolfing
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
[DAWN]

[KILLED PaperF]
[KILLED Samool]

You may post. First Dusk will be Thursday at 4:00.

Oof. RIP. F. etc.

[Vote Vander], he didn't die so must be lock Evil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day (she/her)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
Aumerle wrote:
Howdy all,

First time player here - I'll try to do my best. Browsed through a few games and am familiar with Mafia (which this ruleset is very similar to) but I suspect playing will be very different from observing.

I've noticed in previous games that folks tend to meta vote people to start - I'll probably hold off on that until I get a feel for the game. Right now it feels sort of like wandering around in a dark room

It does, but the good thing about wandering around in a dark room is you sometimes find something interesting to hold on to.

I don't think it's suspicious of you not to meta vote, but you have a unique perspective in that we all havent interacted with you before. So your poking and your questions are of value to us to drive fresh, non-meta, interactions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:

I mean, you're still alive, so that's already cause for concern.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

stonecutter129 - 2 - Farren(1), BerenCamlost(3)
Vanderscamp - 2 - whirlingdervish(6), Smugs(7)
Smugs - 1 - FATNOOB(4)

Not Voting: acox89, Aumerle, Jedit, Scarlett_O, stonecutter129, The_Rorab, Vanderscamp

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

FATNOOB - 1 - Smugs(4)
Smugs - 1 - Vanderscamp(7)

Not Voting: acox89, Aumerle, Jedit, Scarlett_O, stonecutter129, The_Rorab, Vanderscamp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day (she/her)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:

I bet you do, Wolfy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day (she/her)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
BerenCamlost wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:

I mean, you're still alive, so that's already cause for concern.

*fistbump*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
“I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.” ― Roger Zelazny, The Courts of Chaos
mbmbmbmbmb
FATNOOB wrote:
Aumerle wrote:
Thanks Vanders - I think I've actually seen that post before (I've browsed through a few of the earlier games in this set). I also read through a previous game where you were pretty seriously being accused of being evil on D1. Does that happen a lot?

Vanders has a (deserved) reputation as being a strong player, regardless of alignment + lives on the other side of the planet as most of us, so he sometimes gets D1 flak for not being active/rocking the socks off of everyone. I think it used to be a lot worse than now though.

Not too much. Seems too obvious of way to hint at a role so probably just wants to play. I've also noticed in previous games that some folks are *very sure* of themselves. To the point of insisting that everyone vote for X off just a read - which is what I think was happening in the vanders game I browsed - anyway, he probably just doesn't want to die for no reason, since that seems to be a thing, and knows he can contribute to the game. Maybe there's some super meta behind it but I don't have the experience to pick up on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day (she/her)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait a second. Rorab is in the game, so if Vander is somehow not a Wolf, Rob is also not a Wolf.

But I do think Rorab might kill Paper so goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
Aumerle wrote:

When he's not evil he tends to get killed on N0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smugs wrote:
Aumerle wrote:
Howdy all,

It does, but the good thing about wandering around in a dark room is you sometimes find something interesting to hold on to.

I don't think it's suspicious of you not to meta vote, but you have a unique perspective in that we all havent interacted with you before. So your poking and your questions are of value to us to drive fresh, non-meta, interactions.

Interesting. That makes sense. I'll try to throw in some useful questions amongst the newbie ones.

The problem though is that you all have played together enough where you probably have plays that may come off to me differently because of my lack of experience with the group. For example there was a game where someone claimed seer, took it back, changed checks (I don't even remember all the details) and it seemed like everyone kind of picked up on that person being good.

To me as an observer it just looked shady.

So it will be interesting if stuff like that happens in this game because I may have a different (or incorrect) take on it and without knowing who to trust, even if a couple people are screaming at me to change a vote, how will I know if it's not just evil trying to sway me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[vote Stone] for information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aumerle wrote:
Smugs wrote:
Aumerle wrote:
Howdy all,

Interesting. That makes sense. I'll try to throw in some useful questions amongst the newbie ones.

The problem though is that you all have played together enough where you probably have plays that may come off to me differently because of my lack of experience with the group. For example there was a game where someone claimed seer, took it back, changed checks (I don't even remember all the details) and it seemed like everyone kind of picked up on that person being good.

So it will be interesting if stuff like that happens in this game because I may have a different (or incorrect) take on it and without knowing who to trust, even if a couple people are screaming at me to change a vote, how will I know if it's not just evil trying to sway me?

Don't judge by actions, judge by intent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aumerle wrote:
FATNOOB wrote:
Aumerle wrote:

Not too much. Seems too obvious of way to hint at a role so probably just wants to play. I've also noticed in previous games that some folks are *very sure* of themselves. To the point of insisting that everyone vote for X off just a read - which is what I think was happening in the vanders game I browsed - anyway, he probably just doesn't want to die for no reason, since that seems to be a thing, and knows he can contribute to the game. Maybe there's some super meta behind it but I don't have the experience to pick up on that.

Solid answer, thanks. FTR I don't read much into it either - I can easily see Vanders doing that as either alignment.

One thing that has frustrated BGG newbies before is the fact that you're gonna have to vote someone off D1 on just a read, so just be aware of that as lynch comes around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

stonecutter129 - 3 - Farren(1), BerenCamlost(3), Jedit(8)
Vanderscamp - 2 - whirlingdervish(6), Smugs(7)
Smugs - 1 - FATNOOB(4)

Not Voting: acox89, Aumerle, Scarlett_O, stonecutter129, The_Rorab, Vanderscamp

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

FATNOOB - 1 - Smugs(4)
Jedit - 1 - stonecutter129(8)
Smugs - 1 - Vanderscamp(7)

Not Voting: acox89, Aumerle, Scarlett_O, stonecutter129, The_Rorab, Vanderscamp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day (she/her)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
Aumerle wrote:
Smugs wrote:
Aumerle wrote:
Howdy all,

You won't, but we know you don't know that so will have to take that into account. Of the people who've been in games you've read, are there any you have read multiple games of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aumerle wrote:
not as much as that game if you're referring to the game with ortho the fake bodyguard People who reed me evil usukky tend to be pretty vocal about it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [41] |