Shadowrun: Crossfire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Buying magic cards between scenes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Itai Sanders
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got to play another solo game today and wasn't sure about this. after defeating the last obstacle in a scene (say, in the Crossfire mission) each player gets to buy a card from the Black Market.
if the Black Market has a card that can only be bought if you played another card of the same color during that turn (some of the blue cards) - there are three ways to interpret the rule:

1. we are between turns and not in a turn so such cards can't be bought between scenes.

2. we are between turns and not in a turn so that rule doesn't apply and you can always buy these cards between scenes.

3. the end of scene round is actually part of the turn in which the scene ended so this rule would apply to that turn. relevant if you ended the scene but that card wasn't in the Black Market yet (revealed during a different player's purchase in the end of scene round) OR if it wasn't actually your turn but you played an assist card of that color.

I decided to play with the first option, just so I don't feel like I might've "cheated", but my heart goes towards the third option. thought I'd ask you guys what you think about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lewis
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
correct, you cannot purchase those cards while catching your breath because it is not considered as part of a turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Maier
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with that ruling, but I don't like it. It's not thematic, IMO.

So my rule would be, discard a blue card from your hand to be able to buy such a spell from the market between scenes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is #1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Cant
United Kingdom
Retford, Notts
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The amount of times I need to buy that blue speed and it’s locked! Thankfully only some of the blue spells have this restriction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Sanders
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pahn wrote:
I agree with that ruling, but I don't like it. It's not thematic, IMO.

So my rule would be, discard a blue card from your hand to be able to buy such a spell from the market between scenes.
I like it! I think I'll adopt it from now on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Sanders
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yrael wrote:
The amount of times I need to buy that blue speed and it’s locked! Thankfully only some of the blue spells have this restriction.
tell me about it!
I asked the question after a game in which I needed to buy a blue cards in both breathers, AND both times my mage (social adept specifically) played a blue assist cart during the scene's last turn!
it was SO frustrating...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls