flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:
I found the freaken Seer on my FIRST VIEW! Got them killed immediately and we still lost..

seers are worthless.

but oh did I really want another view or two these last couple of days.

Are you joking or serious when you say seers are worthless???

I mean in this game it kind of was because the moment I get the seer killed 3 out of my 5 evil buddies all got locked in claim wars with good specials, so it was simple process of elimination to eliminate team wolf.

😡😢

I'm (mostly) completely serious. I could care less about seers in most games.

I think games are generally better having them as they do something to revolve around. But too often, they are relied on a bit too heavily or claims avoided too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:
I found the freaken Seer on my FIRST VIEW! Got them killed immediately and we still lost..

seers are worthless.

I mean in this game it kind of was because the moment I get the seer killed 3 out of my 5 evil buddies all got locked in claim wars with good specials, so it was simple process of elimination to eliminate team wolf.

😡😢
The seer is like the queen on the chess board. Sure it's the most powerful piece, but you can't rely on it for much because it's more of a focal point that the game moves around than a game changer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
Benesephiir wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:

seers are worthless.

I was really understaning your evil read on me, but I think you were thinking about some conglomerate monster of everything I've ever done well as evil at once.

Pretty sure I have never been above 50 of the skill level of the paranoia Benes creature in your mind.

I wasn't kidding that on reread, I probably would have lynched myself. It was crazy to think nobody was pressuring me!

I would have wanted to if samool xand didn't end the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See I was faced with the dilemma of just going all in to get the seer killed, or hope team evil would have picked up on subtle hints.

I mean, the sorceror is meant to be a seer killer right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
Benesephiir wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:

seers are worthless.

I was really understaning your evil read on me, but I think you were thinking about some conglomerate monster of everything I've ever done well as evil at once.

Pretty sure I have never been above 50 of the skill level of the paranoia Benes creature in your mind.

I wasn't kidding that on reread, I probably would have lynched myself. It was crazy to think nobody was pressuring me!
I have to tell myself every day that everyone has their own way of reading people and they're ALL different from mine. It's not so much about what you did, Royal, it's about the opportunities you missed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:

seers are worthless.

😡😢

I think games are generally better having them as they do something to revolve around. But too often, they are relied on a bit too heavily or claims avoided too much.

I could also care less about seers in the sense that the amount I care about them is non zero

If seer lives late it's generally an easy game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
See I was faced with the dilemma of just going all in to get the seer killed, or hope team evil would have picked up on subtle hints.

I think the way you did it was fine although I was reading your LC posts as very evil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:

It is... either that or get the wolves out of a jam.. but you're uninformed so you certainly did your job 100%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatAblaze wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:

seers are worthless.

😡😢
The seer is like the queen on the chess board. Sure it's the most powerful piece, but you can't rely on it for much because it's more of a focal point that the game moves around than a game changer.

Oh sure I totally get the relevance of the Seer. Ive been playing WW for over 20 years.

I was just taken aback by Royal calling them nearly worthless as I strongly disagree.

Are they essential? No. But they are pretty darn helpful to keep around and can easily win a game with some good views.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:

Mostly. Your play felt so straight line sorc though that I preferred to lynch you and hope BG protected seer.

I think as sorc, you have to sometimes find a way to get wolves to kill seer without them claiming - or just push them to the point of claiming and then try to set up a counter of a different GS or look like a potential wolf to eat a view/kill/lynch.

You played well though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian, Benny, Bennis, Beans, Binesse.
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:

seers are worthless.

😡😢

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:

I think the way you did it was fine although I was reading your LC posts as very evil

Oh totally. The second I chose to go for it, I went all in and just hoped to sway the bodyguard to me. 😁

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:

Mostly. Your play felt so straight line sorc though that I preferred to lynch you and hope BG protected seer.

I think as sorc, you have to sometimes find a way to get wolves to kill seer without them claiming - or just push them to the point of claiming and then try to set up a counter of a different GS or look like a potential wolf to eat a view/kill/lynch.

You played well though!

Yeah, I was hoping for the subtle play as thats more my style. But I couldn't risk letting Acox live and risk dying myself so I just went for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:

Oh totally. The second I chose to go for it, I went all in and just hoped to sway the bodyguard to me. 😁

fact that hit was on a tinker though - you should see how I played sorc in the no meta game. I road this super fine line of mimic/wolf/villager/sorc with my play. I was super proud of it.

I literally countered the seer but claimed the exact same wolf hit that they were claiming and it turned out the hit was on the tinker. (i didn't actually view either of them, my views stunk)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:

You played well though!

Yeah, I was hoping for the subtle play as thats more my style. But I couldn't risk letting Acox live and risk dying myself so I just went for it.

ya, I wasn't letting the subtle thing fly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:

You played well though!

ya, I wasn't letting the subtle thing fly

I was REALLY hoping you were my wolf buddy this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
I was REALLY hoping you were my wolf buddy this game.

I thought Ape's D1 was suuuuper evil, and that he was our cub. Whoops...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we talk about the dejo lynch?
I feel like it's not only bad in a vacuum but also reallly bad from a meta standpoint
If lynching dejo there is the correct play then Amekins can always decide to counter there as aux and we end up lynching the hunter, which can't be correct
It's very complex though so I'm keen for a discussion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ohh man. I just realized that my BG claim was such a thing that game that now it's going to be expected every time.

IF ONLY SOMEONE ELSE HAD BEEN TOUGH!

#WhenGoodAbilitiesMessUpTheGoodTeam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatAblaze wrote:
Ohh man. I just realized that my BG claim was such a thing that game that now it's going to be expected every time.

It's really only bad if you're tough though and even then it's not bad
Of course if you do it all the time then it hurts your overall strategy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:
I feel like it's not only bad in a vacuum but also reallly bad from a meta standpoint
If lynching dejo there is the correct play then Amekins can always decide to counter there as aux and we end up lynching the hunter, which can't be correct
I don't really feel like "the correct play" exists. There are certainly a bunch of wrong ways to play, but why can't anything that isn't wrong be correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:
ThatAblaze wrote:

It's really only bad if you're tough though and even then it's not bad
Of course if you do it all the time then it hurts your overall strategy
Yeah, I just hope it doesn't look suspicious if I don't claim next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
So Smugs.. you really thought my claim was so bad that you HAD to counter it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatAblaze wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:
I don't really feel like "the correct play" exists. There are certainly a bunch of wrong ways to play, but why can't anything that isn't wrong be correct?

Correct can mean not making a play that is almost always wrong
Some examples are lynching mimik d2, lynching an uncountered counterable GS with one wolf alive, lynching majai yesterday this game
Not doing those things is correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Smugs wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
Sorry I had to bail so early, I just thought that it'd be better with me having to replace out so early.

I'm grateful, I enjoyed the hell out of this game!

Good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  187 , 188 , 189 , 190 , 191  Next »  [191] |