Recommend
15 
 Thumb up
 Hide
1166 Posts
[1]  Prev «  43 , 44 , 45 , 46 , 47  Next »  [47] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Cabin in the Woods, Part 6 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe reposting this will help clear up this misunderstanding:

(Unless I'm highly mistaken, they weren't views and Samool took a lack of death to mean that the person was not a Sasquatch)

Samool wrote:
Im a cabin guest but also a Sasquatch hunter, each night i attempt to kill the sasquatch. If i target someone who is not the Sasquatch i roleblock any non-lethal actions they have.

N1 - Mono isnt Sasquatch
N2 - Kuchick isnt Sasquatch
N3 - Benes isnt Sasquatch

Note: when i asked if i could kill the Sasquatch after they promote to werewolf (because thats what a Sasquatch does after any no lynch) i was told that i do not know what a Sasquatch does.

I believe that my 'view' is useless as there was a potential Sasquatch Hunter in Write Somebody Else's Role III and their view did nothing (because there was no chance of a Sasquatch in the game). Ljtrigirl liked the role idea so probably chose to implement it here as it doesnt change the game balance at all
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for playing everyone, personally i found it really fun.

Also this is the 6th game in a row (not including fast 5ers) that i havent been lynched in! meeple
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Royalflush wrote:
Maybe reposting this will help clear up this misunderstanding:

(Unless I'm highly mistaken, they weren't views and Samool took a lack of death to mean that the person was not a Sasquatch)

Samool wrote:
Im a cabin guest but also a Sasquatch hunter, each night i attempt to kill the sasquatch. If i target someone who is not the Sasquatch i roleblock any non-lethal actions they have.

N1 - Mono isnt Sasquatch
N2 - Kuchick isnt Sasquatch
N3 - Benes isnt Sasquatch

Note: when i asked if i could kill the Sasquatch after they promote to werewolf (because thats what a Sasquatch does after any no lynch) i was told that i do not know what a Sasquatch does.

I believe that my 'view' is useless as there was a potential Sasquatch Hunter in Write Somebody Else's Role III and their view did nothing (because there was no chance of a Sasquatch in the game). Ljtrigirl liked the role idea so probably chose to implement it here as it doesnt change the game balance at all

I was told 'Benes isnt the Sasquatch' but I agree that the mods could be saying that to tell me no death occured
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian, Benny, Bennis, Beans, Binesse.
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, "cheating" is a wrong word then, but if you want me to help you win at a cost to myself, however small you think that is, you need to be nice about it.

Because it would be me doing you a favor, not the good team.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Benesephiir wrote:
Well, "cheating" is a wrong word then, but if you want me to help you win at a cost to myself, however small you think that is, you need to be nice about it.

Because it would be me doing you a favor, not the good team.

I'm aware of that (and I said please, even) but our communication was so limited I couldn't post a proper ask along with explaining it to the good team - because it also required cvb agreeing to be lynched.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Like, I genuinely don't know what more I could have done there and I don't understand how I was being mean, if that's what you're saying.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Samool wrote:
Royalflush wrote:
Maybe reposting this will help clear up this misunderstanding:

(Unless I'm highly mistaken, they weren't views and Samool took a lack of death to mean that the person was not a Sasquatch)

Samool wrote:
Im a cabin guest but also a Sasquatch hunter, each night i attempt to kill the sasquatch. If i target someone who is not the Sasquatch i roleblock any non-lethal actions they have.

N1 - Mono isnt Sasquatch
N2 - Kuchick isnt Sasquatch
N3 - Benes isnt Sasquatch

Note: when i asked if i could kill the Sasquatch after they promote to werewolf (because thats what a Sasquatch does after any no lynch) i was told that i do not know what a Sasquatch does.

I believe that my 'view' is useless as there was a potential Sasquatch Hunter in Write Somebody Else's Role III and their view did nothing (because there was no chance of a Sasquatch in the game). Ljtrigirl liked the role idea so probably chose to implement it here as it doesnt change the game balance at all

I was told 'Benes isnt the Sasquatch' but I agree that the mods could be saying that to tell me no death occured


Then I think I have to agree with Bene... That shouldn't have happened.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian, Benny, Bennis, Beans, Binesse.
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
whirlingdervish wrote:
Like, I genuinely don't know what more I could have done there and I don't understand how I was being mean, if that's what you're saying.

It's totally fine.

You were pleading with the good team and bargained with knowledge of my ability.

You are not required to care about my feelings when you make deals with the good team, but I'm allowed to be bitter and petty if you don't.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian, Benny, Bennis, Beans, Binesse.
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean... I was literally plotting to use the bargain to have us both win and have good lose.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian, Benny, Bennis, Beans, Binesse.
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Benesephiir wrote:
I mean... I was literally plotting to use the bargain to have us both win and have good lose.

I told y'all I was in a bad mood and then you took away any hope I had of petty revenge.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No posting until we resolve the outcome, please! Sorry that the ending was stressful.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian, Benny, Bennis, Beans, Binesse.
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Ok! We're going to call the game. I'm actively in a movie theater right now watching a movie, so feel free to discuss whatever and we'll figure out what to do about endgame resolution in a few hours!

And I don't care about the loss.

I just couldn't handle a conversation about how everyone but my team was going to win while I'm waiting to be killed.

I might have talked about something else outside of the character I want to show if that wasn't in my mind.

I was a mess today and I'm sorry you all had to deal with it.

I'm also sorry that I made a bad claim that didn't give Royal any hint where he should claim, though.

So there's some compounded guilt working at me and interrupting my day that I tried to hold in.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We're going to call the game for good only! Congrats, Team Good!

RE: Kingmaking
That is a very unfortunate side effect of a game like this with some level of neutrals. However, given that the Facility winning would require both sides to make a leap of faith specifically with the intent of letting the Facility win alongside good, we're going to call that a loss just because I think it'd be putting people in a weird position, and I think it would be very understandable for goods to not be willing to do so without more information, which the facility would not be able to provide with their posting restrictions.

RE: Delayed Yeti stuff
After looking at the exact terminology of Samool's claim, I can definitely see how the logical leap was made, but Samool's power was a kill, not a view. We probably should have confirmed with something like "they don't die". Moderators should ALWAYS confirm someone's target with abilities like that, regardless of whether there's an explicit response required or not.

Some General Balance Comments
- I do think evil was *slightly* underpowered given that the game is SUPPOSED to be evil sided.
- Facility was definitely the most underpowered though. I was trying a new take with their influence being "watch and change the environment of the game" without direct impact, but I think they didn't have enough impact to make over their VC. That will be fixed going forward
- I think the Cabin games fall in a similar vein to Betrayal at the House on the Hill where it's basically always tilted at least a bit in one direction and is more about the experience. And I think the experience was solid up until the endgame. I'll put more thought into working to fix that for next year's Cabin in the Woods game, but I hope yall had fun anyways!

Feel free to resume posting.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A few behind the scenes things:

- The Facility picked the interactions that had to happen with objects to make them activate.
- Inspired by a suggestion that Benes made, if someone activated an evil AFTER one had already been awoken, they would be a negative unknown trait Cabin Guest. After Samool had unleashed the Wendigo/Yeti/Sasquatch by melting the ice, SerWave bloodied the bow, which would have unleashed the Unicorns. Hence, unicorn blood. It made him a full tinker, including that he would have died if Samool had tried to hunt him for a Sasquatch. Everyone knows that Unicorns and Sasquatches are distant cousins.
- The Wendigo, Yeti, and Sasquatch were fully uninformed lone maxes with their own NK. There were 3 NKs every night, and I think PaperF was doubletapped, which is why there were only two that night.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Freedonia
flag msg tools
badge
When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
A few behind the scenes things:

- The Facility picked the interactions that had to happen with objects to make them activate.
- Inspired by a suggestion that Benes made, if someone activated an evil AFTER one had already been awoken, they would be a negative unknown trait Cabin Guest. After Samool had unleashed the Wendigo/Yeti/Sasquatch by melting the ice, SerWave bloodied the bow, which would have unleashed the Unicorns. Hence, unicorn blood. It made him a full tinker, including that he would have died if Samool had tried to hunt him for a Sasquatch. Everyone knows that Unicorns and Sasquatches are distant cousins.
- The Wendigo, Yeti, and Sasquatch were fully uninformed lone maxes with their own NK. There were 3 NKs every night, and I think PaperF was doubletapped, which is why there were only two that night.
acox the Wendigo was killed D2, hence only two kills on N2.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zenofkermit wrote:
acox the Wendigo was killed D2, hence only two kills on N2.
whistle
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abernathy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
...magic
badge
I have no idea what I'm doing
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Some thoughts:

I do think that evil was pretty underpowered here. The fact that there were no cross kills in this uninformed situation was extremely fortunate and made it so it was more of a fair fight.

Faciliy's power was like absolutely non-existent. Picking the lynch a day in advance is a huge crapshoot, and anything we post as facility could be dismissed as WIFOM. Outing evils was basically our only true ability, and again it could have been dismissed and it's not a great feeling to be a recipient of. It happened in Part 5 last year as well and I think it needs to go.

Proposed changes:
- Completely remove facility direct communication in any form (maybe keep gifs on n0?), which solves the kingmaking problem via outing.
- Tell them the identities of the HTT, it's more accurate to the movie and it enables the facility to do the following:
- Give the facility some sort of budget to screw with the game. Do you think there's a cabin guest who is likely to mis vig kill the scholar? Give them a mandatory vig kill. etc. etc.
- Tell them all the evil triggers and items in n0. We had to design triggers based on 5 items, not knowing what other things there were to get distracted by, which was frustrating to watch.
- Let them place bets on which evil is going to be triggered. Guess correctly? Your budget for screwing with the game goes up. Again, thematic to the movie.
- Fool would have to be reworked. Maybe they can choose something the facility can't do each cycle?
7 
 Thumb up
0.52
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I like that idea for the Facility.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian, Benny, Bennis, Beans, Binesse.
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was pretty happy with the 100% lack of cross kills and hitting each other (which would have been a disaster, because the person doing the kill lost that and an additional nightkill)
It really hurt facility though, because I was mostly looking for definite goods and didn't go for htt suspects because they were maybe evil.

Samool was in my evil/special pool too.

So the facility needed to be able to give the evils a reason to hunt for specials, because priority 1 was not hitting each other.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian, Benny, Bennis, Beans, Binesse.
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I also had fun, I just vastly preferred my locked in reality that Samool was faking that Sasquatch hunter claim and I make myself more suspicious because I have a frozen trait, to the one where I lock in claiming jock for no reason.

So I went from... this is the most fun!
To... oh...
It's fine... it's just a game...
I'll be fine...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoyed n0 and crafting the triggers. But after that it didn't feel like we had any influence on the game at all besides lynch method.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also that n0 was lame with all y'alls dice rolling and not actually messing with stuff. yuk I think the ashes were poured out by xand and forgotten about.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
what were all the triggers?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
what were all the triggers?

Drawing a circle with the ashes, cutting yourself with the stone knife, manacling a person to an inanimate object (which I hinted at), blood on the bow, melting the ice.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
But go RNG for the win!
xand may end up being our MVP!
I'll tell you a secret... I didn't rng it! I AM glad I was home for this and not mobile though. I frantically looked at the tallies and a few players' posts in Cassie to attempt to catch an evil. Suddenly too many names were swimming in my brain. I had to eliminate distractions and just make a decision because I only had five minutes from the final tally to work with... and that time was going fast!!

I am happy to say all three evils were considered, but unhappy to say a couple HTT's were too... imagine the embarrassment then! So to the few people I read decent stuff from, thank you for so much for posting whatever it was to keep me from targeting you! Whew!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  43 , 44 , 45 , 46 , 47  Next »  [47] |