Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Saul N
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Need some thoughts from folks. I’m a seasoned boardgamer but new to wargames. I’ve had very little experience (one or two of the Columbia Block games). I’m considering picking up a used copy of this game. Am I in over my head w/r/t to complexity and difficulty (playing and learning)?

Also I have the option to by this along with Kingdom of Heaven. Is it crazy to buy both?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warriors of God is not particularly difficult, though it does have some novel concepts. It's probably no harder than the block games you've learned.

Kingdom of Heaven is a great game but it is an order of magnitude more complex than Warriors of God.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lucey
United States
Ellington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sharkvsdragon wrote:

Also I have the option to by this along with Kingdom of Heaven. Is it crazy to buy both?

The games have almost nothing in common so buying one should not affect the purchase of another for any reason other than financial.
They cover different time-periods and use different mechanics so there should be no "sameness" between the 2 games other than both were made by MMP and have similar coloring.

I also agree with the above comment that WoG is significantly easier to learn and play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this factors into your thinking, but both of these titles are incredibly unlikely to ever be reprinted (my opinion)--so this opportunity might not come up often, and they might have decent resale value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saul N
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sdiberar wrote:
Warriors of God is not particularly difficult, though it does have some novel concepts. It's probably no harder than the block games you've learned.

Kingdom of Heaven is a great game but it is an order of magnitude more complex than Warriors of God.

Thanks for the advice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saul N
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoelCFC25 wrote:
Not sure if this factors into your thinking, but both of these titles are incredibly unlikely to ever be reprinted (my opinion)--so this opportunity might not come up often, and they might have decent resale value.

Thanks for the advice. That was my thought as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls