Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
1008 Posts
[1]  Prev «  36 , 37 , 38 , 39 , 40  Next »  [41] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Nother Two Cub Niner rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
if smugs and orth were cubs together and paper is wolf, then limez's d2 voting as spot on. perhaps that's what got him killed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ortho_ wrote:

I think it has to come down to analysis of the claim sequence and read on the players.

and perhaps it will. I'm trying to think it through logically. I'm sure the good deads are frustrated, but it just doesn't feel obvious or easy.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment, at the beginning, where we could have said -- no. But somehow we missed it.
Avatar
mbmbmb
kuchick wrote:

ortho, same question.. day 1 you saved dake/smugs. day 2 you voted smugs. what changed?

If I was evil, I was saving Dake, sure. But I just thought RoyalFlush was the most evil player on D1, and our best chance to hit an evil. So I was voting there. I didn't particularly think Dake seemed good, but at the time I didn't have him as one of my top evil picks. I would have lynched either RoyalFlush or TFang.

Dake then had a pretty uninspiring D2 before he replaced out. Meanwhile, my overall worldview basically made Dake evil even outside of his evil-seeming day. It was down to either you or him for the last evil spot, and you seemed considerably more likely to be good than him.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ortho_ wrote:
I'll be around today. Kuchick, if you want to bounce thoughts off me, feel free to do so.

I am pretty settled on PaperF being the wolf. It seems that TFang believes the same thing.

I'm not going to nightfall, because who knows, maybe Samool starts howling. But I'm almost certain not to move my vote as things stand.

why are you so settled?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kuchick wrote:
so d1, both cub suspects were voting for the villager and saving the cub.

re uninformed lone wolf candidates
paper was on the cub
samool was on royal


d2,
tfang was on ortho
ortho was on the cub


paper was on the cub
samool was on cub



samool, between day 1 and day 2, what changed?
ortho, same question.. day 1 you saved dake/smugs. day 2 you voted smugs. what changed?

Im not sure what response you're expecting. Smugs claimed my role.. :p

D1 i wasnt here to understand why people were voting Dake so i stayed on the person that pinged me before
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
[tally]
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PaperF wrote:
Limeztone wrote:
[vote smugs]
You're countering?!?!?

this response from paper to limez voting smugs after smugs claimed hunter is bugging me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PaperF wrote:
Lime, I"ll 100% believe you if you are the hunter over smugs.

PaperF wrote:
Lime, confirm, please! That will mean I wont have to be scared of being wrong about smugs.


yeah..

[vote paper]

this is what i'm thinking for now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Player (5/9) - # - Voted by

PaperF - 3 - TFang(1), kuchick(2), ortho_(3), Samool*(4), kuchick(7)
Samool - 2 - PaperF*(5), TFang*(6)

Not Voting: N/A


Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Lynch time is at 3:00 PM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 3:30 PM BGG

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

kuchick - 2 - PaperF(2), PaperF(7)
ortho_ - 1 - PaperF(3)
PaperF - 1 - Samool*(5)
Samool - 1 - PaperF*(4)
TFang - 2 - PaperF(1), Samool*(6)

Not Voting: N/A
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
i think those quotes were pulled and paper responded to them a couple
of pages back... but seeing them in quick succession in a cassy read of paper. it's very damning.

and paper, if you are good.. this kind of trail is just insurmountable FUD that goods shouldn't spread
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paper Luis

Puerto Rico
msg tools
badge
Paper
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kuchick wrote:
PaperF wrote:
Limeztone wrote:
[vote smugs]
You're countering?!?!?

this response from paper to limez voting smugs after smugs claimed hunter is bugging me.
I'm going to explain it again: I tried to bait Lime into claiming hunter, because that's what I did in the priest game and I catched two evils. You think I would kill Lime there? No, Lime voted for ortho, which means that lime believed smugs. Again; take it as wifom, but I kill you most likely because you were an universal good read.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ortho_ wrote:
And Kuchick, hopefully you spotted this deft little bit of manipulation from TFang on the way out.

TFang wrote:


And I can't find why I thought Samool was so good. Hopefully Flush was right all along?


He had obviously noted how you had previously mulled over RoyalFlush's read and gave it weight in your thinking.

TFang bringing this up as a parting shot is disingenuous. Because I guarantee that TFang himself doesn't care about the D1 read of someone he has played with all of two times and barely knows. But he knows you do.


Hopefully this day isn't me vs. TFang, because the vote on Samool/paperF doesn't even depend on voting with the good between us. TFang and I might both be wrong here.

But to the extent that you're trying to figure him/me out, pay attention to little things like this. This is how evil!TFang subtly tries to manipulate. Good!TFang doesn't use tricks like this.

if you're right and that's why tfang brought up royal, boy...

I'm very impressed at the jedi mind trick effort by tfang. stone cold awesomesauce.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paper Luis

Puerto Rico
msg tools
badge
Paper
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kuchick wrote:
PaperF wrote:
Lime, I"ll 100% believe you if you are the hunter over smugs.

PaperF wrote:
Lime, confirm, please! That will mean I wont have to be scared of being wrong about smugs.


yeah..

[vote paper]

this is what i'm thinking for now.
Kuchick. Read my posts. Read my case on why I did what I did. I mimicked a strategy I did a while ago. There's no damn way I do what I did as evil.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PaperF wrote:
kuchick wrote:
PaperF wrote:
Limeztone wrote:
[vote smugs]
You're countering?!?!?

this response from paper to limez voting smugs after smugs claimed hunter is bugging me.
I'm going to explain it again: I tried to bait Lime into claiming hunter, because that's what I did in the priest game and I catched two evils. You think I would kill Lime there? No, Lime voted for ortho, which means that lime believed smugs. Again; take it as wifom, but I kill you most likely because you were an universal good read.

yeah. that's the explanation I saw. I'm sure it's frustrating for you, but I don't have time nor inclination to go read another game.

what do you think of tfang v ortho?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paper Luis

Puerto Rico
msg tools
badge
Paper
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kuchick wrote:
i think those quotes were pulled and paper responded to them a couple
of pages back... but seeing them in quick succession in a cassy read of paper. it's very damning.

and paper, if you are good.. this kind of trail is just insurmountable FUD that goods shouldn't spread
I'm good, and you're going to feel bad because I guess is my technique of how I play is different to a lot of people,m. But do what you think is best for the village.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment, at the beginning, where we could have said -- no. But somehow we missed it.
Avatar
mbmbmb
kuchick wrote:
ortho_ wrote:
I'll be around today. Kuchick, if you want to bounce thoughts off me, feel free to do so.

I am pretty settled on PaperF being the wolf. It seems that TFang believes the same thing.

I'm not going to nightfall, because who knows, maybe Samool starts howling. But I'm almost certain not to move my vote as things stand.

why are you so settled?
Because to me, it feels really obvious based on the way the claim sequence went down that PaperF's hunter claim is bogus.


He claims villager on D1. At the time he makes the claim, it's not impossible that he might get lynched on a villager claim. There was pressure.

I'm not saying no Hunter ever has made the choice to white knuckle a villager claim, but there's a non-zero chance that paperF the Hunter would claim his role there or else not claim at all.

So that's a strike against him being the hunter.


We reach D3, and you claim as Seer. Your views rule out two villager claimants, meaning that if we have 3 villager claimants, the last one is 100% lock evil. Which ends the game.

Meanwhile, Samool claims hunter. The claim felt natural within the sequence. Even TFang, despite voting for Samool, admits that the hunter claim seemed good.

In the thread, we work through the math of what the gamestate means. We conclude that it's a math win.

PaperF shows up and retracts his villager claim into a hunter claim, which gives evil a chance to win the game again.




It is possible that paperF truly claimed villager on D1 as hunter. And then also didn't cc Smugs on D2 and almost lead to my lynch despite professing a good read on me, and knowing that a mislynch would end the game.

However, I think those circumstances fit far less than a narrative of Samool never claiming something other than his eventual claimed role and similarly not CCing Smugs.

Remember, Samool thought I was evil. For him, a DakeSmug/ortho lynch legit probably wasn't worth CCing in his mind. But paperF had a good read on me. So I find it less likely that he'd allow Smugs' claim to stand.



And then the claims on D3 - Samool's was made before everyone had fully absorbed the game state. Could he have made it as evil? Sure. But it felt OK in the flow. Whereas paperF made his when it was nakedly obvious that as a wolf he'd have to.


So I combine all the circumstances.

1) paperF claiming villager under lynch pressure is a minus.
2) paperF being willing to let his good read get mislynched when it was mustlynch rather than CCing Smugs is a minus.
3) paperF vs. Samool claims on D3 is a minus for paperF.


And I think it's far less likely that paperF is real than Samool.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paper Luis

Puerto Rico
msg tools
badge
Paper
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kuchick wrote:
PaperF wrote:
kuchick wrote:
PaperF wrote:
Limeztone wrote:
[vote smugs]
You're countering?!?!?

this response from paper to limez voting smugs after smugs claimed hunter is bugging me.
I'm going to explain it again: I tried to bait Lime into claiming hunter, because that's what I did in the priest game and I catched two evils. You think I would kill Lime there? No, Lime voted for ortho, which means that lime believed smugs. Again; take it as wifom, but I kill you most likely because you were an universal good read.

yeah. that's the explanation I saw. I'm sure it's frustrating for you, but I don't have time nor inclination to go read another game.

what do you think of tfang v ortho?
Is super frustratig because I tried to pull out something I love doing and is probably going to shoot in my face, and I may never try it because of fear of getting mislynched again like this.

I'm inclined to believe Tfang is good, mostly, because her last approach toward me felt good. Ortho is probably evil, his twist on me is really unbeliavable. Ortho has a good experience with finding good me, but his twist is really bad, and has ignored some of my posts where I brought the truth and is probably not accepting it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PaperF wrote:
kuchick wrote:
PaperF wrote:
Lime, I"ll 100% believe you if you are the hunter over smugs.

PaperF wrote:
Lime, confirm, please! That will mean I wont have to be scared of being wrong about smugs.


yeah..

[vote paper]

this is what i'm thinking for now.
Kuchick. Read my posts. Read my case on why I did what I did. I mimicked a strategy I did a while ago. There's no damn way I do what I did as evil.

of course there is a way. it doesn't help your point to pretend it's obvious that your lies were in the interests of the village.

one possible explanation: in a world where you're lone wolf, you nk limez as possible hunter given your apparent belief he was hinting that direction after smugs' claim.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PaperF wrote:
kuchick wrote:
i think those quotes were pulled and paper responded to them a couple
of pages back... but seeing them in quick succession in a cassy read of paper. it's very damning.

and paper, if you are good.. this kind of trail is just insurmountable FUD that goods shouldn't spread
I'm good, and you're going to feel bad because I guess is my technique of how I play is different to a lot of people,m. But do what you think is best for the village.

first. I feel bad regardless. this kind of stomach churning stressful final day is not what I like about this game. unless I end up picking correctly, then the glory is wonderful.


second. don't exacerbate me feeling like shit by warning me that I'm "going to feel bad". even if I'm wrong, you created the world wherein you look super evil.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PaperF wrote:
kuchick wrote:
PaperF wrote:
kuchick wrote:
PaperF wrote:
Limeztone wrote:
[vote smugs]
You're countering?!?!?

this response from paper to limez voting smugs after smugs claimed hunter is bugging me.
I'm going to explain it again: I tried to bait Lime into claiming hunter, because that's what I did in the priest game and I catched two evils. You think I would kill Lime there? No, Lime voted for ortho, which means that lime believed smugs. Again; take it as wifom, but I kill you most likely because you were an universal good read.

yeah. that's the explanation I saw. I'm sure it's frustrating for you, but I don't have time nor inclination to go read another game.

what do you think of tfang v ortho?
Is super frustratig because I tried to pull out something I love doing and is probably going to shoot in my face, and I may never try it because of fear of getting mislynched again like this.

I'm inclined to believe Tfang is good, mostly, because her last approach toward me felt good. Ortho is probably evil, his twist on me is really unbeliavable. Ortho has a good experience with finding good me, but his twist is really bad, and has ignored some of my posts where I brought the truth and is probably not accepting it?

So why did Smugs vote for Ortho and start the lead on his fellow cub?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paper Luis

Puerto Rico
msg tools
badge
Paper
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't start that damn thing, ortho. If I was close to be lynched, I prepared a post saying "IM THE HUNTER, MOVE". If I had to claim at the last 10 seconds, I was going to because it was terrible for the village to gwt the hunter mislynched.

I explained my thing about not claiming against smugs. He was going to get NKed, or, I pushed him to death. Those were my options.

Ortho, you're annoying me because the arguments you're using against evil me ARE THE SAME that could be used against evil samool. Are you seriously kidding me?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paper Luis

Puerto Rico
msg tools
badge
Paper
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kuchick wrote:
PaperF wrote:
kuchick wrote:
i think those quotes were pulled and paper responded to them a couple
of pages back... but seeing them in quick succession in a cassy read of paper. it's very damning.

and paper, if you are good.. this kind of trail is just insurmountable FUD that goods shouldn't spread
I'm good, and you're going to feel bad because I guess is my technique of how I play is different to a lot of people,m. But do what you think is best for the village.

first. I feel bad regardless. this kind of stomach churning stressful final day is not what I like about this game. unless I end up picking correctly, then the glory is wonderful.


second. don't exacerbate me feeling like shit by warning me that I'm "going to feel bad". even if I'm wrong, you created the world wherein you look super evil.
I'm not trying to make you feel that way, I'm just saying that is going to be the case because of my personal style, nothing else. Sorry if you took it that way.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paper Luis

Puerto Rico
msg tools
badge
Paper
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the "damn" and "annoying" words ortho, I'm trying.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, i totally buy a d1 villager claim from a hunter. the hunter role is only powerful if hidden.


what I'm tripped up on is watching how paper and samool each responded to smugs claim. the challenge there is ortho pointed me to look at precisely such things, and of course.. who knows if ortho is good.

my early read of paper AND samool was good.
my early read of tfang was evil.
i didn't have an early read of ortho.

I'm sorry if i'm wrong.. is vote in 2 minutes or 62?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paper Luis

Puerto Rico
msg tools
badge
Paper
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kuchick wrote:
PaperF wrote:
kuchick wrote:
PaperF wrote:
Lime, I"ll 100% believe you if you are the hunter over smugs.

PaperF wrote:
Lime, confirm, please! That will mean I wont have to be scared of being wrong about smugs.


yeah..

[vote paper]

this is what i'm thinking for now.
Kuchick. Read my posts. Read my case on why I did what I did. I mimicked a strategy I did a while ago. There's no damn way I do what I did as evil.

of course there is a way. it doesn't help your point to pretend it's obvious that your lies were in the interests of the village.

one possible explanation: in a world where you're lone wolf, you nk limez as possible hunter given your apparent belief he was hinting that direction after smugs' claim.
I don't ever Nk Lime there, kuchick, even if it is wifom to you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  36 , 37 , 38 , 39 , 40  Next »  [41] |