4 Posts

Race for the Galaxy» Forums » Sessions

Subject: The Balance Change on Merchant Guild matters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Maile
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Few days ago we played a 5 Player Game, TGS, no Goals.
I managed to set up a decent engine quite fast (don't remember exactly, but something like New Earth + Gem World + Old Earth (Homeworld) + some green production world i think. Started consume(2x)+Produce stuff. Meanwhile my brother managed to set up an engine as well, but a bit slower. In the turn i played produce the 2nd time, he finished building his engine. Role selection for the next turn, i layed down consume(2x). The others are still thinking. I check their boards and realise my brothers enginge consumes for 8 points if he does IV(2x). Slowly realising my strategy will lose, i pick up my IV(2x) again and decide to do consume/trade instead. settled some production world. Then traded green for 5 cards or something and picked up Merchant Guild. This might be my best shot, since my brother will probably produce for me next round i can develop and even draw extra cards. I develop Merchant Guild, produce happens as anticipated. One more round of Consume(2x) follows, after which the game will finish next round due to someone getting 12 cards. So i chose produce (since i had something to settle/develop no matter what) and gain 5 more points due to Merchant Guild. Final Score, me 47, my brother 45, rest had smth in the 30ish range.

Tl;dr: Merchant Guilds 1pt per good decides the game

Edit: Guild/World fixed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Griffiths
United Kingdom
East Grinstead
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Balance Change on Merchant World matters
GeneralRetard wrote:

Tl;dr: Merchant Worlds 1pt per good decides the game

Nice!

I've got to admit I was confused for a while before I realised you're talking about Merchant Guild.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Balance Change on Merchant World matters
I thought OP meant Merchant Trading World, but that wasn't part of thread adjusted cards!...

About the new Merchant Guild..
1) I proposed a variant a long while back that it either:
1a) get 2 pts per "Merchant" keyword (although I'd reckon this would've been cumbersome to apply a different font and unique color to)
1b) be worth an additional, flat out 2pts, in addition to the usual scoring

2) You can now score pts on just the V phase, with just the base game.
I can't recall with exp#4/AA and exp#5/XI, but exp#1/TGS had one First Goal that gets you 3pts if you have 4+ goods on your tableau, while exp#3/BoW had 2 different worlds that could generate Prestige (Points) on V

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yong min Park
South Korea
flag msg tools
You don't need to consider choosing 'production' when game can be ended. Just choose it. Nobody except you will earn benefits during production. The guild will provide you bunch of point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls