Subject: Waiting for next turn to complete a quest? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Williams
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mb
If you have to kill a particular enemy type to fulfill a quest objective, would completing the quest be a separate action?

For example, I do a Move action to move into the space with the (non-aggressive) enemy. I do a Fight action and kill it, fulfilling a quest objective. However, as I’ve done two actions this turn, do I have to wait until my next turn (which is the next round in solo mode) before I can complete the quest, as completing a quest is in itself an action according to the Rulebook?

I had this happen a few times in my last game and it was quite annoying having to wait and then also use up what felt like an extra action next turn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kneeland
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
Do what you love with the ones you love
badge
Gotta love the duck!
mbmbmbmbmb
If the quest says 'kill X,' and you kill X, I play the quest is immediately completed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Long
Canada
Whitby
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ckneeland wrote:
If the quest says 'kill X,' and you kill X, I play the quest is immediately completed.

this is how I have read it as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mb
Yes it makes more sense to play it that way, after all why would you wait a whole turn to complete the quest. Thanks, I’ll play it that way from now on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The quest action is only done for quests with the quest symbol. It looks like a big asterisk. If to complete the quest you must Kill X and you kill X then the quest is completed and you get the rewards. If it says * Location Y, then when you are in location why you do a quest action to complete the quest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mb
Of course, makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Telgar Sandseeker
msg tools
aKa Telgar SandSeeker
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will steal this post ninja

If you have 2 Quest cards active, but when doing an action, you are fullfilling conditions of both cards, do you solve the 2 quests cards in a row?

Example :
1 quest card : Kill 'this guy', who is a [human] monster type > bla bla bla
1 quest card : Kill any [Human] > bla bla bla

If I kill 'this guy', can I solve both cards, as 'this guy' is a [human]?

Hope I am clear enough blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say yes, both quests are completed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.