Popular Tags: [View All]
Thjodbjorn K.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game with a group of people for the first time yesterday. There was confusion about how the pass rule was writ.

As I understand it, the passing player takes their card, moves the order columns, then everyone INCLUDING the passing player, takes a card.

This to me says the passing player gets two. One of my opponents thinks that since there is a missing "then" in the order describes, says everyone only gets one, including the passing player.

Has this been addressed before?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The passing player gets two cards. Otherwise, there would be no point in passing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thjodbjorn K.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I certainly agree with you, and view this as the only logical deduction from the way the rule is writ. But my friend seems to be semi-illiterate, and I hope not a member of BGG.

Is there a link to the german rules anywhere, where it may be written more clearly, or an "official" addressing of this question?

Not to be too needy, but he's not the type to believe every other player present, as well as one guy online, no offense intended. Thanks for the reply, though, which confirms to me my own skill at reading!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hustle Kong wrote:
I certainly agree with you, and view this as the only logical deduction from the way the rule is writ. But my friend seems to be semi-illiterate, and I hope not a member of BGG.

Is there a link to the german rules anywhere, where it may be written more clearly, or an "official" addressing of this question?

Not to be too needy, but he's not the type to believe every other player present, as well as one guy online, no offense intended. Thanks for the reply, though, which confirms to me my own skill at reading!

Does he need every rule in every game explained repetitively, or just this one? There is no ambiguity here.

If the clearly written rules are not enough for him, I would offer him the choice of joining the group and playing with the rules as presented in the rulebook or going home and sending an e-mail to Jay at Rio Grande Games, coming back only when he gets an answer that satisfies him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thjodbjorn K.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I might need to get a "fundamentals of reading" book. At least it's not just me who thinks the rule is quite clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.