Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
bongoHerman wrote:
Hamigua2000 wrote:
...In general my "captcha" success rate/ability is decreasing over time. ...

So you're having increasing trouble hitting a checkbox with a mouse click? I'm starting to get worried.

The captcha solve issue is real, partic the old school alpha-numerical flavors. Those have always sucked, but as your eyes lose their abilities, they suck even more.

Admittedly they are annoying, but they do address a real issue. And if you spread your downloads out over time you don’t even encounter them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zuludawn wrote:
I also hate captchas, and get them wrong half the time. But I thought on this site they only appeared if you weren't logged in.
In my experience they'll appear if your cookies are blocked (like an incognito browser) or if you do multiple downloads in a short time.

Pete (could be totally wrong on that, but that's his experience)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
zuludawn wrote:
I also hate captchas, and get them wrong half the time. But I thought on this site they only appeared if you weren't logged in.
In my experience they'll appear if your cookies are blocked (like an incognito browser) or if you do multiple downloads in a short time.

Yeah. I think the idea is that they're verifying you're real and they give users who are logged in the benefit of the doubt (as they took the time to set up an account) up until they start trying to download a bunch of stuff, at which point they just want to make sure you're not an account that was set up for a bot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thunkd wrote:
plezercruz wrote:
zuludawn wrote:

Yeah. I think the idea is that they're verifying you're real and they give users who are logged in the benefit of the doubt (as they took the time to set up an account) up until they start trying to download a bunch of stuff, at which point they just want to make sure you're not an account that was set up for a bot.

That sounds reasonable to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
bongoHerman wrote:
Hamigua2000 wrote:
...In general my "captcha" success rate/ability is decreasing over time. ...

So you're having increasing trouble hitting a checkbox with a mouse click? I'm starting to get worried.

The captcha solve issue is real, partic the old school alpha-numerical flavors. Those have always sucked, but as your eyes lose their abilities, they suck even more.

I didn't realize they still made those. They ARE a nuisance and I celebrated the day I discovered those newfangled mouseclick captchas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.