BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Harry Potter and the Eighth Horcrux rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb

Harry Potter and the Eighth Horcrux

This will be a thematic multivillage werewolf game for 35 players, inspired by the multivillage game Ryagic and I ran at CabinCon Fall. Everyone will start in either Hogwarts or the Ministry of Magic, with potential for other villages to be created and utilized during the game.

Rules:
There will only be two teams: Good and the Death Eaters. Good wins by killing Voldemort, who cannot be killed until the Horcruxes are all destroyed. The Death Eaters win by reaching parity with everyone else. There may be evils that do not count as full Death Eaters, but the exact mechanisms of how this work are unknown.

There will be a variety of previous seen and new abilities in the game, but the following will not be present: forced conversion, hidden chat eavesdropping, and vanilla-izing someone by wiping their role. The following will be present in very limited quantities: view manipulation, reveal alteration, vote manipulation, and items. For view manipulation, there will be a maximum of two good roles that unaware view as some flavor of evil, two evil role that can give false clears for their flavor of evil, and one item that may alter views on those holding it (aware or unaware).

Everyone should submit a list of their 10 favorite Harry Potter characters that must include at least two canonically "good" and two canonically "evil" characters; grey area characters are encouraged but will not count towards for either. We may or may not be actually utilizing this list and will let you know beforehand if that is the case.

Here is an example role for complexity baselines. This role may or may not be in the game, in this form or another:
Remus Lupin- Good Werewolf- On even nights, you choose a Night Kill. You view as a Werewolf to anyone that views for Werewolves.

There will be no Physics outside of some items, and this is not a part of the other Harry Potter series of games that I've run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Click here to submit your character choices!

Muggles, magical creatures (limit 2 submissions per person), and Squibs are allowed. Anyone within the Harry Potter cannon is allowed as long as they'd be alive during the timeframe of the main book series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is mod!LJ’s standard rules post. Some of this might not apply. Ignore it if it doesn’t.

Orders and Deadlines: I will accept all objective conditional orders. Brutals are mandatory unless otherwise stated and will kill a random member of your own team if no valid order is found. All deadlines are X:X0:59. That means that if dusk is at 2pm, any posts with 2:00pm timestamp are valid. If Dawn is at 12:30, orders with a 12:31 timestamp will not be accepted. If a deadline happens and I don’t call dawn/dusk/give results/etc, hold the horse. I’ll be there shortly.

Speeding Things Up: Nightfalls are valid options. If nightfall votes happen such that lynch results are locked, I will process dusk. If this is a game with vote manipulation, I will not unless there’s enough of a margin that any voting manipulation will not be given away. Unless I say otherwise, locking your game orders at night will speed up dawn.

Minimum Requirements: There is no minimum posting requirement, but if you’re not engaged in the game, I will replace you out. If you’re only going to make 1 post each day, they better be good posts. Likewise, if you miss a set of night orders, you can’t make them up, and I will replace you out. You don’t have to be omnipresent, but you need to be playing.

ModChat Information: Doing anything akin to flipping your card or talking about the color of your hat will result in a modkill. This includes: directly quoting modchats, using or faking screenshots of anything in Cassandra, or having people verify information by giving out the 10th word or letter that they get. This could also include things like, “LJ was late giving out views. Tell me what time she gave them out.” For more information and clarifications on this, please see this post.

Other: If something comes up that I don’t address in the rules, I will use my best judgment when resolving it. If the Lynch/Night time are different in the OP and Cassy, assume that Cassy is right. If I screw something up, I will retcon or change things to even it out with both sides. If it’s pre-D2, I may re-roll.

Don’t be a dick. If I tell you to stop being a dick, listen.

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
acox89
AnneAa
cvb2009
dejojam1
FATNOOB
FGJustice
Kortemaki
kuchick
madelineb
MajaiofDreams
Mimikyu
monogarden
Netslummer
oldhoss
PaperF
Quaseymoto
RoyalApe
Royalflush
Samool
SerWave
shawnad2006
stonecutter129
Syntax3rror
Tarrant
tern73
theknightofcups
twomillionbucks
Vanderscamp
whirlingdervish
xandryyte
zenofkermit

31 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/2067067

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Even when you don't feel it.
badge
Prioritize your own life, or someone will prioritize it for you!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cabincon "trailer" for this game was pretty dang spectacular! =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will represent house Ravenclaw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby F.
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Whatever you do will be insignificent. But it is very important that you do it.
badge
This BGG avatar is limited to the explicit use of Quaseymoto and all others will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hufflepuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby F.
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
This BGG avatar is limited to the explicit use of Quaseymoto and all others will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
mbmbmbmbmb
We should submit 10 characters to both of you via PM?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Previously on Harry Potter multivillage games, the Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts tried to purge Death Eaters of their midst. They did a decent job early on, taking out Bellatrix Lestrange, the Malfoys, and others. However, Fenrir Greyback managed to kill off a key good and Nagini kept transporting herself and Severus Snape between villages, solidifying Voldemort's domination over the rest of wizardkind.

Mechanically, each village had a "Wand" that may or may not be given out each day but had to be used by the end of the day if it was. There were Seven Horcruxes with each of the six Maxes and Harry Potter that must be destroyed before Voldemort. Nagini was a "self mover" that took herself (Maxie) and Snape (monogarden) back and forth between villages every day. The set itself was fairly vanilla outside of that with a seer in each village, one of the Death Eaters being brutal, and a tough parity hunter (Harry Potter).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quaseymoto wrote:
We should submit 10 characters to both of you via PM?

Actually, I'll create a Google survey for it shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Click here to submit your character choices!

Muggles, magical creatures (limit 2 submissions per person), Squibs, and anyone within the Harry Potter cannon is allowed as long as they'd be alive during the timeframe of the main book series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quaseymoto wrote:
Hufflepuff!

I voted you out of Hufflepuff during CabinCon. Sorry pal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
I shouldn't.

Here I am, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
if I'm Andy, is Zack April? seems right...
badge
"When I get bummed out, I take my shirt off because the bad feelings make me feel sweaty."
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby F.
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
Quaseymoto wrote:
Hufflepuff!

You go and kill a couple of Weasley parents and suddenly you're not good enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Even when you don't feel it.
badge
Prioritize your own life, or someone will prioritize it for you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quaseymoto wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
Quaseymoto wrote:
Hufflepuff!

You go and kill a couple of Weasley parents and suddenly you're not good enough.

It's not our fault we had so many damn Weasley's!

Also, I had Helga Hufflepuff's thingie, I was clearly the MOST Hufflepuff!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fahl
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
No, I can't tell you....it's a secret.
badge
Mudflaps
mb
Fuck yeah!

(sorry for the profanity, but totally warranted here)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McGeehan
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slytherin!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
Love is YOU
badge
mbmbmb
Yeah just to be clear, we had several Hufflepuffs die at the beginning the first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob (he/him)
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra. Hopefully I can find some time to participate alot. But, I doubt it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
contiguity wrote:
Yeah just to be clear, we had several Hufflepuffs die at the beginning the first game.

GOOD! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McGeehan
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Submitted characters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
contiguity wrote:

GOOD! devil

In retrospect, I should have submitted 10 Hufflepuffs just to up odds that you would be one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:
contiguity wrote:

GOOD! devil

In retrospect, I should have submitted 10 Hufflepuffs just to up odds that you would be one.

GASP!!!! HOW DAAARE YOU!?!?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] |