BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Harry Potter and the Eighth Horcrux rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, everyone should have your roles! No chats, N0 information, or anything else besides just your role descriptions have been set up. That will happen tomorrow! Feel free to ask us any questions about your role in your modchat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is STILL no posting, but here are your starting locations:

Harry Potter and the Eighth Horcrux- Diagon Alley
FATNOOB
Kortemaki
kuchick
Netslummer
stonecutter129
Syntax3rror
Tern73
theknightofcups
twomillionbucks
Vanderscamp

Harry Potter and the Eighth Horcrux- Hogwarts
dejojam1
FGJustice
madelineb
Mimikyu
monogarden
oldhoss
Quaseymoto
Royalflush
shawnad2006
whirlingdervish
zenofkermit

Harry Potter and the Eighth Horcrux- Ministry of Magic
acox89
AnneAa
cvb2009
MajaiofDreams
PaperF
RoyalApe
Samool
SerWave
Tarrant
xandryyte

Unlike the game we ran at CabinCon, your starting locations are not necessarily thematic to your role.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abernathy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
...magic
badge
I have no idea what I'm doing
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone should have all chats/orders/N0 info now. If you don't let me know ASAP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abernathy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
...magic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game has started! Don't forget to subscribe to your subthread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abernathy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
...magic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone has a role name (in this example Harry Potter), and was told something in this format:

Welcome! You are Harry Potter! Followed by flavor text followed by description of their role/abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dark Lord had been defeated years ago. Most believed him dead, though his supporters knew the truth. He was simply waiting for the right time to come back. He Who Most Not Be Named slumbered in silence, slowly rebuilding his strength until he could continue his quest to purify the wizarding world.

I'm not an admirer, just someone that can recognize a worthy opponent with a fiendish goal when I see one. I don't condone his hate, but I think it's better to believe in something than be apathetic about everything.

The world is nearly ready for his return, and it will never be the same afterwards. Plenty will die- Ministry Officials, Hogwarts residents, Death Eaters, magical creatures, inanimate enchanted objects, Pure Bloods, and Muggles alike. He may be discerning in his goals, but the death and destruction he brings won't be.

Once the fallout clears and the survivors gather, I'll be waiting, even if it means ruling over a kingdom of bones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abernathy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
...magic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LJ's post is flavor text.

Multi Village rules:

d10-1 Do not look at threads for villages you are not in.
d10-2 If a collapse or effect causes you to leave a village, you may read the entire thread for your new village.
d10-3 You may reference threads of villages you are no longer in from the start up until the point you left them edit: (for one cycle after you left them)
d10-4 Do not quote anything other than Cassandra tallies from other threads.
d10-5 You may quote stuff from this thread (for example this post)
d10-6 Do not post in this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abernathy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
...magic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
d10-7 Unless an ability explicitly says it can target a player in another thread, it may not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abernathy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
...magic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Incomplete list of the order of operations:

Orders that might interfere with other orders
Views
Kills
Movement effects
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abernathy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
...magic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The following players are now dead:

AnneAa
kuchick
oldhoss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abernathy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
...magic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[dusk]
[dawn]

for cassy purposes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He has something of mine, you know. He got it from someone who got it from someone who got it from me. I don't mind though.

People know he's back now. He showed up at Hogwarts, Death Eaters in tow, and decimated the place. Even the ghosts left. Last I heard, there was no one left, just some rubble and a few corpses.

There's a part of me that's rooting for him, though I know it'll make my job easier if he fails, if they're able to kill him fully. It's only a very small part though. I need him to beat them back just enough before dying a glorious death.

Dumbledore was always short sighted. The most forethought he put into something was keeping The Boy Who Lived hidden, and we know how that turned out.

Well, I know how that turned out. You don't yet, but you will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules regarding old threads:

You may look at your old thread up until the point you left it for a full cycle after you leave. Once that's over, you cannot look back. So anyone that moved last night can read their old thread until Dawn on Day 3.

The only things you can copy and paste over are mod posts and Cassy tallies, following the same restrictions where you only have access to them for a full cycle after leaving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abernathy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
...magic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

cvb2009
FGJustice
stonecutter129
Quaseymoto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Villages collapse when they reach 5 players it fewer. It's not based on parity or any other conditions. They'll also collapse with a no Lynch/no night kill combination in either order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abernathy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
...magic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

monogarden
syntax3rror
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abernathy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
...magic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

RoyalApe
shawnad2006
tarrant
whirlingdervish
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's happening. I can feel it in my bones, the swirl of death around us. They scream in my sleep, a symphony of regret that fuels my dreams. And my nightmares.

Voldemort is steadily taking them down, bit by bit, piece by piece. I'm worried that they might not be able to stop him.

There's power in names, and He Who Must Not Be Named gains power from your fear. I do not fear him.

Neither should you.

You should fear me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had too much faith in Dumbledore, which is ridiculous to say in hindsight. He had defeated me, and so I thought he could defeat them. But he couldn't. No one could.

Except for me.

Once the Ministry fell, I made my way to Voldemort's seat of power. The Lestranges were watching the door, but they let me pass. They knew they couldn't stop me if they tried.

Voldemort was standing with his back to me, staring out the window across the countryside. "I've been waiting for you, Grindelwald."

Game over! Evil wins.

We've run the math several times. With evil having +3 votes across both threads and good's extra KP almost entirely used up, there isn't a path to victory for good anymore at this point.

Evil played phenomenally. The fact that three or four of the evils were universal good reads is pretty insurmountable!

We'll close things up soon and answer any questions, but I personally have to disappear for an hour or so, so I won't be able to address any questions until I get back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wario Wario
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
It's a me! WARIO!!
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
I had too much faith in Dumbledore, which is ridiculous to say in hindsight. He had defeated me, and so I thought he could defeat them. But he couldn't. No one could.

Except for me.

Once the Ministry fell, I made my way to Voldemort's seat of power. The Lestranges were watching the door, but they let me pass. They knew they couldn't stop me if they tried.

Voldemort was standing with his back to me, staring out the window across the countryside. "I've been waiting for you, Grindelwald."

Game over! Evil wins.

We've run the math several times. With evil having +3 votes across both threads and good's extra KP almost entirely used up, there isn't a path to victory for good anymore at this point.

Evil played phenomenally. The fact that three or four of the evils were universal good reads is pretty insurmountable!

We'll close things up soon and answer any questions, but I personally have to disappear for an hour or so, so I won't be able to address any questions until I get back.
[vote madeline]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Noooooo, I never even got to chat with anybody!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
if I'm Andy, is Zack April? seems right...
badge
"When I get bummed out, I take my shirt off because the bad feelings make me feel sweaty."
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry goods devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Netslummer wrote:
sorry goods devil

you bastard!

was vanders or 2mil evil too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abernathy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
...magic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Team Evil:

Voldemort: twomillionbucks
Barty Crouch Jr.: acox89
Fenrir Greyback: dejojam1
Rodolphus Lestrange: madelineb
Quirrell: monogarden
Bellatrix Lestrange: netslummer
Nacissa Malfoy: samool

Auxes:
Dolores Umbridge: kuchick
Thestral: majaiofdreams
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
I have famously huge turds!
badge
I have famously huge turds!
mbmbmbmbmb
SerWave wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:

Except for me.

Game over! Evil wins.

[vote madeline]

Madeline absolutely killed it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] |