Popular Tags: [View All]
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Dear Sawzall,

I've loved you since the moment we met. In the years since then, we've cut through a lot of things together, including a few which didn't exactly technically need to be cut, but I have no regrets. When I look back over everything we've done, I see that you've been the key to my happiness. As long as you were in my hands, life was sweet; as soon as I had to put you down and figure out how to repair the damage we'd caused, I knew the fun was over.

Remember that time you didn't feel good? I was afraid you were dying; that was one of the darkest days I've ever known. But we took you to the repair shop, and they installed a new trigger switch. They said it was free because you were still under warranty, but I think maybe it was because they loved you too.

Remember when we ordered the burrito boy's bed, and it arrived pre-assembled, and it wouldn't fit up the stairs? Remember how, in a fit of rage, I sawed it in half, and then I nailed it back together in his room? Every night when I see the meandering scar down the front of his bed, I'm reminded of our time together that day, and I smile.

I love you, Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation Model 6507-21, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you.

kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What a disappointment!

I thought you were going to be talking about this Sawzall: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAWZALL_(Programming_Language)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
Falcon 2018 September 28, 29, 30 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just glad it's not a picture of you naked, coming out of the shower with your Sawzall ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thee Insidius Doktor Glaze & His Sidekick Donut Boy with the Amazing Monkeytime Dancers Ooh!
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I_have_heard_the_mermaids_singing,_each_to_each. I_do_not_think_that_they_will_sing_to_me... We_have_lingered_in_the_chambers_of_the_sea By_sea_girls_wreathed_with_seaweed_red_and_brown Till_human_voices_wake_us,_and_we_drown
mbmbmbmbmb
ask and ye shall receive...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
She liked farming...
badge
...he preferred stabbing things in the neck.
mbmbmbmbmb
On many an occasion I've found myself looking at a project and thinking, I wonder if I can use my Sawzall on this somehow? And though such thinking has been known to result in disaster, I've never been sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuhrusty you tease. I don't have my own and I have rent one or borrow one from my neighbor. I know, I know, it does make me feel dirty but when you can't get one of your own what is one to do?

Ah, the time I put the doggie door in our garage - that was great. And cutting out part of a kitchen island to put in a dishwasher - who can forget? It would have been ever so much more special if I had use my very own Sawzall though. I can't help feeling cheated and cheap. It's just not the same when you have to rent or borrow... I wish I had my own instead of cruising town looking for a place that rents. Alas!

cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was working on some thing with my brother's father-in-law. He thought it was a little weird that I insisted on kissing the Sawzall before putting it back in its case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
I used my first one until it died in my hands. Didn't have one for a year or two, and then my wife found one at a thrift store for ten bucks, I think. It was a good thing, because just a few weeks later, I found myself in a time-critical project where if I didn't have it, I would have had to quit working and spend an hour driving to the store and back, plus in-store time, plus (or minus) fifty bucks or so to get a new one. My wife is the awesomest thrifter. She even finds me games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heartbreak, you know, drives a big, black car. Swear I was in the backseat just minding my own..
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
Coincidentally, I just rescued my Bosch Sawzall from storage at my ex-wife's house this week. It sits on the floor at my feet awaiting a storage solution (I have no room in my apartment due to...um...aggressive...game purchasing during a time when the house in question was also mine.)

Her mother moved in with her, and to make a long story short, she likes to throw things away. Especially if she doesn't know what they are. Or if they are in her way. Or if they belong to me. Or if they exist. So I brought it here because I would rather it rest there on my floor, daring me to puncture my toe with the blade that I am too lazy to remove than be consigned to some landfill that probably has rotting cauliflower, poopy diapers, Eurogames and other wretched things in it.

Yet to be saved: my router. But I dont love it the way I do my Sawzall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Central Coast
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The lock on my office froze up one afternoon, completely trapping me inside. And I needed to use the restroom. Security tried to kick the door down, but the wood is solid, impressively thick and the frame is steel. And it opens inwards, of course, so the hinge was not exposed.

We called maintenance, who sent a locksmith, but instead of doing all sorts of fancy stuff with the lock itself, he climbs out my neighbor's window, onto a ledge (second floor), and back in through my window with a Sawzall hanging on his back from the power/extension cord that is wrapped around him like Chewbacca's bandolier.

He plugs it in, cuts the lock out of my door in 30 seconds, and sends me on my way.

I now belong to the (secular) Church of SAWZALL the Redeemer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Verdigris97 wrote:
He plugs it in, cuts the lock out of my door in 30 seconds, and sends me on my way.

I admire the man's approach to problem-solving, especially since he didn't even try to tap the pins out of the hinges once he was on your side of the door. "I climbed out on a second-story ledge with a Sawzall on my back; goddamn right I'm destroying something."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Was working on some thing with my brother's father-in-law. He thought it was a little weird that I insisted on kissing the Sawzall before putting it back in its case.

He also thought it was a little weird that I insisted on getting out the Sawzall in the first place when all we were doing was painting a chair. "Well, you never know how these things are going to go," I explained.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:
Kuhrusty you tease. I don't have my own and I have rent one or borrow one from my neighbor. I know, I know, it does make me feel dirty but when you can't get one of your own what is one to do?

Ah, the time I put the doggie door in our garage - that was great. And cutting out part of a kitchen island to put in a dishwasher - who can forget? It would have been ever so much more special if I had use my very own Sawzall though. I can't help feeling cheated and cheap. It's just not the same when you have to rent or borrow... I wish I had my own instead of cruising town looking for a place that rents. Alas!

cry

You have 1000+ games and you can't afford a $150 sawzall?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
mlcarter815 wrote:

He has 1000+ games and nowhere to store a $150 sawzall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mlcarter815 wrote:

When he posted that comment over 11 years ago, his collection was three games: LCR, a yard-sale copy of Monopoly: The Simpsons missing the pawns and money, and another copy of LCR.

In the years since, his fortunes have changed, in part due to this thread, which inspired him to go out and buy his own Sawzall. Shortly thereafter he started Sir Sawzalot Home Demolition Services, which is by now a household name, although primarily among households with large, angry holes in their walls, ceilings, and roofs. In one of his most popular late-night commercials, he saws an entire car in half. "Sir Sawzalot, can you help me with my boyfriend?" Thumbs up and a big smile! Remember, no job is too big for Sir Sawzalot to turn into two smaller jobs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:

I love you, Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation Model 6507-21, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you.

kiss

I love it's sister, Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation Model 2720-20 M18 Fuel series. Sits in the back of the Battle Jeep along with the Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation Model 2767-20 1/2" M18 Fuel friction ring impact driver and the Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation 2853-20 1/4" M18 Fuel hex impact driver, a mess of saw blades, sockets, bits and a 9ah battery and 2 5ah batteries. Because Zombies. Duh.

But this is the Sawzall love fest thread. I'll talk about the impact drivers next thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mb
My son's scout troop destroyed a leader's sawzall during his Eagle Scout project sawing off rebar in a sandbox, clogging the motor with sand.

Man was choking back tears.

I got him a new one by the next weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.