tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you notice, "Copyright 2002 Impressions Advertising & Marketing"? Everything on the site looks very stale to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
Everything on the site looks very stale to me.
check the HOME page, "Learn More About Free RPG Day For Your Store Or Game Company! Saturday, June 21, 2008! "

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
check the HOME page, "Learn More About Free RPG Day For Your Store Or Game Company! Saturday, June 21, 2008! "

Missed that (with a 2003 Copr. which argues against them having their webmastering act together), but that's only a two year old product, as far as I know--and a different one than Gamebuyer. Everyone has to start somewhere (and good luck to them) but any evidence of them not having their act together argues for caution in dealing with them. I, personally, wouldn't write them a three figure check for Gamebuyer, or anything else. It would be interesting to read report*S* about Free RPG Day 2007; I haven't seen anything, but I haven't really been looking. As soon as they said they were uninterested in promoting though game groups--the better channel in high-property-value areas--I didn't follow up with them.

But all this is good grist for John M.'s thinking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Lawn
United Kingdom
Llangefni
Anglesey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes.

It's an industry marketing magazine. printed on newsprint with breakdowns of upcoming products and their planned marketing campaigns. A couple of ads targeting retailers from the major companies (Wizards, Wizkids), and about three pages of sales-related reviews from retailers (focusing on how the products present themselves on the shelf). Some sales information about the parent company, which is...

impressions media, which is a consolidation house for small publishers seeking access to the distribution channel. Focus on RPG and similar hobby games. Not a sketchy outfit at all.

Not a consumer magazine, though it might be interesting to some. It's very low-rent and distributed for free to retailers and distributors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.