Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
136 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Complaint Department

Subject: Deleted Posts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Shampoo4you wrote:
Octavian wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

95% of collapsed posts get disciplinary action.

I haven't run the numbers (I don't think they can be run, actually) so I don't know how accurate it is. My guesstimate is that it is too high a percentage.


And my guesstimate is that you're wrong!

Don't ban me pls.

But seriously, I almost never come across a collapsed post that didn't violate a rule. But I don't see every thread.

I can point you right now to one in W&G if you like. Even Octavian thinks that the flagging is an abuse.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa Swanson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I will be delighted if I never see another posting of feces, literal feces, on this site again!
6 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonJ0 wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
Octavian wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

95% of collapsed posts get disciplinary action.

I haven't run the numbers (I don't think they can be run, actually) so I don't know how accurate it is. My guesstimate is that it is too high a percentage.


And my guesstimate is that you're wrong!

Don't ban me pls.

But seriously, I almost never come across a collapsed post that didn't violate a rule. But I don't see every thread.

I can point you right now to one in W&G if you like. Even Octavian thinks that the flagging is an abuse.

"Almost never" does not mean "never".

I agree that the flagging in this instance was abuse. I don't remember many other similar situations in my 10 years of using BGG.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
And my guesstimate is that you're wrong!

Don't ban me pls.

But seriously, I almost never come across a collapsed post that didn't violate a rule. But I don't see every thread.

I can point you right now to one in W&G if you like. Even Octavian thinks that the flagging is an abuse.

"Almost never" does not mean "never".

I agree that the flagging in this instance was abuse. I don't remember many other similar situations in my 10 years of using BGG.
It happens all the time. Here's a pretty good example from another active thread in General:

Victory Points - the mark of a failed board game

For each of my collapsed posts, I think I've only received moderation about half the time, probably because there are a lot of users who often simply don't like what I have to say, not because I broke site rules.

In the end, it doesn't matter. You still don't know (and have never known) how many posts have resulted in moderation. If mods delete a post, it changes very little: you can continue to assume 95% of deleted posts resulted in moderation. So what?

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cbazler wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
And my guesstimate is that you're wrong!

Don't ban me pls.

But seriously, I almost never come across a collapsed post that didn't violate a rule. But I don't see every thread.

I can point you right now to one in W&G if you like. Even Octavian thinks that the flagging is an abuse.

"Almost never" does not mean "never".

I agree that the flagging in this instance was abuse. I don't remember many other similar situations in my 10 years of using BGG.
It happens all the time. Here's a pretty good example from another active thread in General:

Victory Points - the mark of a failed board game

For each of my collapsed posts, I think I've only received moderation about half the time, probably because there are a lot of users who often simply don't like what I have to say, not because I broke site rules.

In the end, it doesn't matter. You still don't know (and have never known) how many posts have resulted in moderation. If mods delete a post, it changes very little: you can continue to assume 95% of deleted posts resulted in moderation. So what?


And you can continue to disagree. So what?

You pointed to one post out of literally THOUSANDS of collapsed posts I have seen on BGG. Such great, perfect evidence you have there. shake
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

Octavian said himself that it was a "guesstimate" and that there's no way to tabulate it. So, what's to concede, exactly?

That I might possibly be wrong? Sure. But so could Octavian. Is his experience in this arena more credible than mine? Of course. But that doesn't make a "guesstimate" a certainty.

It does make Octavian's guestimate more credible then your guestimate.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Damjon wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Octavian said himself that it was a "guesstimate" and that there's no way to tabulate it. So, what's to concede, exactly?

That I might possibly be wrong? Sure. But so could Octavian. Is his experience in this arena more credible than mine? Of course. But that doesn't make a "guesstimate" a certainty.

It does make Octavian's guestimate more credible then your guestimate.


And I already said that's a logical assumption. I also already said it's possible that I'm wrong.

But I'm not going to admit that I'm definitely wrong, like some of you so desperately want for some really strange reason, just because Octavian made a "guestimate" that he himself stated can't be tested. A guestimate, I think we can all agree, is far from solid evidence, especially when it can't be confirmed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris in Kansai
Japan
Otsu
Shiga
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in total agreement that a certain percentage of not only flagged but also unflagged posts have indeed been moderated.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
15 Keys
United States
Living in the Delco
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cbazler wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
And my guesstimate is that you're wrong!

Don't ban me pls.

But seriously, I almost never come across a collapsed post that didn't violate a rule. But I don't see every thread.

I can point you right now to one in W&G if you like. Even Octavian thinks that the flagging is an abuse.

"Almost never" does not mean "never".

I agree that the flagging in this instance was abuse. I don't remember many other similar situations in my 10 years of using BGG.
It happens all the time.

THIS CRAZY LOVE OF MINE
WRAPPED AROUND MY HEART
REFUSING TO UNWIND
OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOO
CRAZY LOVE
AAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAA

er...ummm...sorry, that just popped into my head when I read that. I thought if I posted it it would get it out of my head, but instead now I have it pulled up on youtube.

Anyway, what were we discussing again? Oh yeah, unknown numbers about moderation. I'll add my anecdote that I've had many of my posts collapsed/red x-ed, but I've only been moderated once (though it was from a collapsed post!).

Oh yeah, a good Complaint Department discussion that goes nowhere will get that song out of my head!



TONIGHT I'M GOING TO BREAK AWAY

Dammit!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What a stupid hill to die on, Trey. shake
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
What a stupid hill to die on, Trey. shake

I'm not dying on any hill, you're the one that can't seem to let it go because you're so obsessed with being right, or at least, proving me wrong. God forbid someone have a contrary opinion to yours. You clearly can't stand it. And it's hilarious to me, so I don't mind the banter.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
grant5 wrote:
What a stupid hill to die on, Trey. shake

I'm not dying on any hill, you're the one that can't seem to let it go because you're so obsessed with being right, or at least, proving me wrong. God forbid someone have a contrary opinion to yours. You clearly can't stand it. And it's hilarious to me, so I don't mind the banter.
Dude. You made up some random numbers. Some people called you on it. You argued with everyone like a petulant child. If you don’t see that’s what happened in this thread I don’t know what to tell you. ::shrug::
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys - it doesn't matter. The stat doesn't matter. At all. Even if we could know the exact number, that wouldn't matter. This is a pointless argument other than for padding post counts for the end of year tally.
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
This is a pointless argument other than for padding post counts for the end of year tally.
I am shocked at this allegation! SHOCKED I SAY! devil
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Oh shit - Dad knows about the porn in the back of the shed...
surprisesurprisesurprise



5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
grant5 wrote:
What a stupid hill to die on, Trey. shake

I'm not dying on any hill, you're the one that can't seem to let it go because you're so obsessed with being right, or at least, proving me wrong. God forbid someone have a contrary opinion to yours. You clearly can't stand it. And it's hilarious to me, so I don't mind the banter.
Dude. You made up some random numbers. Some people called you on it. You argued with everyone like a petulant child. If you don’t see that’s what happened in this thread I don’t know what to tell you. ::shrug::

Cool, personal insult. That's against the rules, you know that right? Perhaps you should be as critical of your own behavior as you are of mine.

Anyway, the mod clearly wants us to drop it and since you're now taking the low road, I think its best if we move on before one or both of us get in real trouble. It's been fun!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
grant5 wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
grant5 wrote:
What a stupid hill to die on, Trey. shake

I'm not dying on any hill, you're the one that can't seem to let it go because you're so obsessed with being right, or at least, proving me wrong. God forbid someone have a contrary opinion to yours. You clearly can't stand it. And it's hilarious to me, so I don't mind the banter.
Dude. You made up some random numbers. Some people called you on it. You argued with everyone like a petulant child. If you don’t see that’s what happened in this thread I don’t know what to tell you. ::shrug::

Cool, personal insult. That's against the rules, you know that right? Perhaps you should be as critical of your own behavior as you are of mine.

Anyway, the mod clearly wants us to drop it and since you're now taking the low road, I think its best if we move on before one or both of us get in real trouble. It's been fun!
Well, you’ve repeatedly mocked me as being “obsessed” with being right and having an inability to ever admit I’m wrong, but sure. I took the low road. It has indeed been fun. Toodles.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
This is a pointless argument other than for padding post counts for the end of year tally.

So THAT'S how it works!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Who has the time to count all the posts in the Complaints dept?

Or the willpower?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Damjon wrote:
Who has the time to count all the posts in the Complaints dept?

Or the willpower?

that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I don't have any time, nor willpower, but I do have Python.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
I don't have any time, nor willpower, but I do have Python.
I have Cats, but they don't ever count anything even though they have toes. How does a Python count past 1?
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
tumorous wrote:
I don't have any time, nor willpower, but I do have Python.
I have Cats, but they don't ever count anything even though they have toes. How does a Python count past 1?
It doesn't. But it can count to one lots of times, and it knows how to translate that into all sorts of human numbers.

Pete (just described most digital computing)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
tumorous wrote:
I don't have any time, nor willpower, but I do have Python.
I have Cats, but they don't ever count anything even though they have toes. How does a Python count past 1?
It doesn't. But it can count to one lots of times, and it knows how to translate that into all sorts of human numbers.

Pete (just described most digital computing)

a python programming course
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
plezercruz wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
tumorous wrote:
I don't have any time, nor willpower, but I do have Python.
I have Cats, but they don't ever count anything even though they have toes. How does a Python count past 1?
It doesn't. But it can count to one lots of times, and it knows how to translate that into all sorts of human numbers.

Pete (just described most digital computing)

a python programming course

Looks like a Cobra course to me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] |