Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Contain them to "only" 3 sympathy tokens by surrounding each with 3 warriors, when all they need is a pair to revolt in one of those three clearings.

After which they can send warriors out at night to chest-burst into more sympathy tokens, no cards required.

Stop struggling, and accept your new Woodland overlords.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah if he puts all bases down you need to switch from containment to active termination of WA warriors.

I didnt say it was perfect, nor that it wouldnt get messy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry T
Sweden
flag msg tools
I haven't played much against the WA, but I heard of a strategy built around just keeping them outnumbered in the clearings with bases after their revolts.

The WA don't want to use their actions to start battles, because they're not really given any advantage as attackers that they wouldn't get as defenders. So, if a base is guarded by a bunch of mouse warriors, outnumber them to block their movement. Unless they rule an adjacent clearing, they will need to waste precious actions attacking you before they can move and organize.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they’re really strong.

Can they be contained? Sure if that’s the only thing you do. Essentially everyone has to work to prevent them from doing anything right from the beginning. Which I presume makes a very unfun situation for the WA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the tonedown of the vagabond and the always vulnerable decree, WA might be the strongest faction IF they can break out of their containment. Just watched them come from behind with a big multi sympathy drop for the win once the ranks of their enemies were thinned out and Outrage payed off for them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hank Pants wrote:
Unless they rule an adjacent clearing, they will need to waste precious actions attacking you before they can move and organize.

It's a legal Movement if they are moving out of a clearing they rule (presumably the one with the base). They can then Organize to place a sympathy token there.

They can pretty tough to stop once they get it going. Game timer. Best strategy is to beat them to 30.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. miriku
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Worth mentioning that everyone is only talking about point victories. In our last two game Cats and Cult+Vagabond (respectively) switched to a domination condition and the Alliance ended up under-officered and not able to get sympathies over in time to revolt in those clearings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry T
Sweden
flag msg tools
Race Bannon wrote:
Hank Pants wrote:
Unless they rule an adjacent clearing, they will need to waste precious actions attacking you before they can move and organize.

It's a legal Movement if they are moving out of a clearing they rule (presumably the one with the base). They can then Organize to place a sympathy token there.

Yes, I know! Naturally they rule in a recently "revolted" clearing, but if you make sure to rule the clearing they are trying to move from ASAP, they need to waste actions battling you before they can move (but if they rule an adjacent clearing, they can move regardless). You can easily keep track of their low warrior limit, to make sure they don't recruit instead.

It makes the warriors they've placed as protection for the base temporarily uselesss for organizing.

But I haven't tried this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike T
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I recently introduced the game to a couple of new players, and warned them that the WA, which I was playing, was very strong and must be contained. I might have played it poorly, but I had a very hard time breaking out against their cats and birds, who played super conservatively and massed groups of three warriors in the center of the board, where the limited action in the game was happening. I guess I should have attacked the cats from the rear instead of trying to interfere on the front lines - I only broke outta all after the birds hit turmoil on the last round of the game before the cats won.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.