Popular Tags: [View All]
Spencer Beni
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions (for now):

1. If a single drink is effecting more than one person (either by sharing the drink or due to a drinking event such as Round on the House!), does a card that effects drinking effect everyone or just one person? For example, if the Sneak slips a mickey to increase the alcohol by 2, does that effect everyone's drink (including his), or just one person (named by the Sneak)? If the Fiona played the "This is just the thing to get the rust off my armor" card (ignore a Drink Card), does everyone ignore the drink, or just Fiona?

2. If an event causes two players(or more)to lose at once, what is the order of precedence? For example, say there are three players in a drinking contest. Two of them pass out as a result of the drinking contest, and the other one lost his last coin as a result of losing the contest. Who wins? Would the player who remained standing still have to pay his one coin to the winner of the event (since the winner was passed out)? What if all three of them passed out as a result of the drinking contest?

By the way, love the game. Can't wait for the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bottone
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you're enjoying the game! Let me see if I can answer your questions:

If someone shares a drink (like with Fiona's card: Come My Friend, Sit and Drink With Me), it still counts as a single drink. So if Gerki Slips a Mickey into a Dragon Breath Ale, it's total Alcohol Content jumps from 4 to 6. Fiona splits it, so she and whomever she shares it with gain 3 Alcohol Content.

Round on the House forces each player to drink the next drink revealed from the Drink Card deck. Since, technically, each player in the game is drinking a different drink, Gerki gets to pick which person he Slips a Mickey to. So if everyone drinks a Round on the House of Dark Ale (Alcohol Content +1), Gerki could Slip a Mickey to Zot, boosting Zot's Alcohol Content to +3.

Any Sometimes card that allows you to avoid a drink only affects your drinks, not everyone else's. So if Zot (in the above example) played The Stars Say No! to avoid the drink, everyone else still drinks their Dark Ales.

The end game thing gets a little crazy, honestly. Basically, everything resolves more or less simultaneously, so what would happen is:

I win the Drinking Contest. Yay! You pay me a Gold!

I'm out of Gold.

Your Drink pushes your Alcohol Content past your Fortitude, you're out.

We divide up your Gold.

I now have Gold again, so I'm still in.

If multiple players pass out as a result of a Drinking Contest, or if multiple players run out of Gold at the same time, they're all out. It's entirely possible for simultaneous blackouts to occur, in which no one wins the game, but it's a fairly rare occurance.

Hope this helps!

Geoff Bottone
Lead Designer
SlugFest Games, Inc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Beni
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That did help, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
If everyone passes out, the Inn wins!
...then again, if you look at the gold, the Inn always wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B

Minnesota
msg tools
Simultaneous blackouts are rare? Just had one last night the second time playing. It happen during a three player game without the cleric.

How we read it losing was based on turn order Whoever passed out last during the drinking contest was the winner. This would mean the first player counter clockwise from current player's turn wins. Did anyone else interpret it this way?

Just did not see where the rules clarified everyone lost
Thank you BoardGameGeek for all those unwritten rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, we had a game last night where the last two players drunked out simultaneously. Pretty funny. It'd never happened before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Thomason
New Zealand
Nelson
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
wwondax wrote:
Glad you're enjoying the game! Let me see if I can answer your questions:

If someone shares a drink (like with Fiona's card: Come My Friend, Sit and Drink With Me), it still counts as a single drink. So if Gerki Slips a Mickey into a Dragon Breath Ale, it's total Alcohol Content jumps from 4 to 6. Fiona splits it, so she and whomever she shares it with gain 3 Alcohol Content.

Round on the House forces each player to drink the next drink revealed from the Drink Card deck. Since, technically, each player in the game is drinking a different drink, Gerki gets to pick which person he Slips a Mickey to. So if everyone drinks a Round on the House of Dark Ale (Alcohol Content +1), Gerki could Slip a Mickey to Zot, boosting Zot's Alcohol Content to +3.

Any Sometimes card that allows you to avoid a drink only affects your drinks, not everyone else's. So if Zot (in the above example) played The Stars Say No! to avoid the drink, everyone else still drinks their Dark Ales.

The end game thing gets a little crazy, honestly. Basically, everything resolves more or less simultaneously, so what would happen is:

I win the Drinking Contest. Yay! You pay me a Gold!

I'm out of Gold.

Your Drink pushes your Alcohol Content past your Fortitude, you're out.

We divide up your Gold.

I now have Gold again, so I'm still in.

If multiple players pass out as a result of a Drinking Contest, or if multiple players run out of Gold at the same time, they're all out. It's entirely possible for simultaneous blackouts to occur, in which no one wins the game, but it's a fairly rare occurance.

Hope this helps!

Geoff Bottone
Lead Designer
SlugFest Games, Inc.

I'd just like to point out that the rules say after a drink is split, it counts as separate drinks. Your example is correct but if the drink was split before the mickey was added, it would only effect one of the players drinks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
silverSlider wrote:
Simultaneous blackouts are rare? Just had one last night the second time playing. It happen during a three player game without the cleric.

How we read it losing was based on turn order Whoever passed out last during the drinking contest was the winner. This would mean the first player counter clockwise from current player's turn wins. Did anyone else interpret it this way?

Just did not see where the rules clarified everyone lost
Thank you BoardGameGeek for all those unwritten rules.

This is covered in the rules, if all remaining players would lose simultaneously the game is a tie.

It's the very last sentence in the 'loosing the game' section of the rules pdf up on their website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.