Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Lowe
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
After Emerald, Bridget headed off to bed leaving Jim, Chris, and I for a three player game. Chris and I had fun playing Wyatt Earp last week, so we decided to play it again.

The first round was odd for me, as I couldn't seem to find any sheriff cards. I didn't see a single Wyatt Earp or Photo card the entire round. One of the few sheriff cards I did see was a Hideout card, and I successfully played it on a large Bob Dalton set Chris had built. With my mostly outlaw hand I was able to eventually lay down a few sets. Jim made some effective plays to grab the lead in the sets I was playing, much to my dismay. Chris was unable to rid himself of the Hideout card on his Bob Dalton set before the round ended. Nobody else played Bob Dalton cards, so Bob became particularly notorious for the second round.

First Round Scores: Jim $11,000, Jason $9,000, Chris $8,000

Since Bob Dalton started the second round with a ton of money on him, I joked that Chris should deal me a string of Bob Dalton cards. Lo and behold, that's exactly what happened! On my first turn, I played a Most Wanted card and called for Bob Dalton. Jim had one, and with this I then played a total of 5 Bob Dalton cards. One turn later I made Bob the fastest gun, so I had a commanding lead on a super lucrative outlaw. You just know the Hideout was coming, and sure enough Chris played it early. I was expecting this, and I had the Wyatt Earp card for defense. Unfortunately I missed the shot, so the Hideout card stuck. That one Wyatt Earp card was the only one I saw the entire second round, so that ended up being my one chance to get rid of the Hideout. Even worse, the second round dragged on long enough for Chris to play the Bob Dalton Photo card and Jim to play the remaining two Bob Dalton outlaw cards to reach the required 8 capture points. At the end of the round I attempted to use a Most Wanted card to steal one of Jim's outlaw cards and prevent the Bob Dalton payout, but again I missed the shot.

Jim took a commanding lead in Belle Starr and nobody was able to contest him in that suit. This, along with his fair share of the $12,000 bounty on Bob Dalton, was enough to put him past $25,000 and the win.

Final Scores: Jim $28,000, Chris $24,000, Jason $18,000

Missing out on the Bob Dalton payout really hurt my score at the end, but I had a blast trying to claim all of that $12,000 reward for myself. If I only had made that shot! A lot of fun is in this card game, and I expect we'll play it again soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.