Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never liked vanilla Talisman. One of its claims to fame, for me, were the multiple boards.

I probably won't buy this game till one gets released, but I'm unaware when or if the developers intend to.

Any news on this front?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theo Wiersma
msg tools
Man, I hope they take their time with it rather than just cranking out re-skinned versions. The expansions did a lot to make it an insanely long game and break an already weak balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just grab my conceptual duct tape and mend rules to my liking. Runebound taking too long? Fiddle with the xp requirements and give some starting items or money. Fury of Dracula going over? Give more resolve and/or tweak other rules around to your groups strengths.

Talisman is a tall order to mend up, and I must admit I wasn't bright enough to approach this concept when first introduced to Talisman (80s), but I'm sure (if I purchased it) your concerns could be dealt with.

In the long run, the gains from the expansion (fleshing out the feeling of being in a world, plus the character editions) outweigh the detriments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.