Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
>
> > 2.) Rules:

> I had problems, so think again! If people were getting in a twist
> over the excellent Phoenicia rules, this will really set them off.

The rules have a few crinkles in them that are inadequately explained (especially with the solo game), and aren't covered by the example (and I echo Tom's view that the example is *very* useful). What I disliked about the rules most was that they were missing the obvious hand of a native English speaker in the translation (although one is creditted on the back, the rules themselves read like thay were spat out of a babelfish).

> - solo game, what altitude does the bomber fly?

Missing from the rules; high altitude.

> - solo game, does the mosquito change altitude at all?

Missing from the rules; no, it always remains at high altitude and may bomb from there.

> - solo game, what happens if the bomber misses the target city and
> just keeps flying east, off the board?

Missing from the rules; it shouldn't happen, but has been thanks to the capricious nature of the cards; play the game with the following hexes "out of bounds" for the bomber, and it shouldn't happen - 7, 15, 30 and 43. Treat those hexes as "edge of the board" spaces for the bomber, and draw again if the cards would have sent the bomber there.

> - follow on, if the bomber bombs Berlin and you have to put the
> Mosquito to the east of it, where do you put it? (i.e. there are no
> hexes east of it!).

Once the bomber has bombed the city, it turns for home; so don't put the mosquito to the east of the bomber, put it to the west like the rules require.

> - similarly, what happens if the bomber misses Britain on the return?

Not sure if the rules cover this, but treat "off the board" hexes normally - ignore the card and keep drawing.

> - how exactly do you land an interceptor - do you need to manage altitude?

Handled badly in the rulebook:
You land a nightfighter whenever you want to while it still has fuel. Once it hits 0 fuel, you can either land in the current hex on the turn that it goes to zero, or in the same hex at the very start of the next turn. If you do the former, you can take off again next turn; if you do the latter, it spends the next turn refuelling. You can land from any altitude, it's only on taking off that the nightfighters take time to climb.

> - what happens if an interceptor ditches on hex 24 - do you lose 2 or
> 4 points (it has a chunk of Britain, France and water in it)?

I'm pretty sure that this counts as a "French" hex, and is eligible to have German ground defence tiles placed on it.

> - can you only refuel an interceptor if you have fuel remaining when
> you land? The rules indicate if you land with zero fuel, you can't
> take off again that night, but if you land with fuel remaining, you
> can refuel and fly again.

You can land and refuel. I don't quite understand how you say that the plane cannot take off again that night - this only happens if you have to ditch (have 0 fuel in a hex where there is no airport to land at).

> - as far as the rules go, fighters on the ground can attack the bomber!

No, that'd be silly. The nightfighters must be at either low or high altitude to attack the bomber; on the ground, they are neither.

> - if the mosquito moves two hexes, can it change altitude from hex to hex?

Missing from the rules; no, the Mosquito sets it's altitude at the start of its turn for the whole turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedemann de Pedro
Germany
Hamburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Hi Richard,

the FAQs are ready, and we post it very soon...

Friedemann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Fiett
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way: Richard's answers are perfect in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, good questions. Clever friend you have there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I think that he's a pretty smart guy - but a really clever friend would have guessed all the answers for himself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.