Subject: Canadian Math Trade - Fall 2018 Edition - Discussion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Third Canadian trade of 2018. Take advantage of the free CanadaPost shipping offer for the remainder of this month!

Please make sure to read through all the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times. You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Trade Geeklist: Canadian Math Trade - Fall 2018 Edition

Request GeekList: Canadian Math Trade - Fall 2018 Edition - Requests

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Friday Oct 5th 10:00 PM EDT to Thursday Oct 11th 11:00 PM EDT

Want List Submissions: Thursday Oct 11th 11:00 PM EDT to Sunday Oct 14th 11:00 PM EDT

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Board Games, RPG's, Video Games and items outside the scope of BGG are all permitted.

2. NO gift certificates are permitted for this trade. The intent here is to trade games for games. If you're looking to buy/sell games then go use the BGG marketplace.

3. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweeteners in the OLWLG.

8. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

9. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed. Do not try to circumvent the rules as your entries will also be removed.

10. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Thursday, Oct 11th, 11:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Sunday, Oct 14th, 11:00 PM EDT
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A
Canada
Vaughan
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Just a reminder that b/c CP messed up the first Tuesday, the offer is extended to Nov 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Per aspera ad astra.
badge
I'm complately nermal.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang, just re-read and saw no gift certificates. Bummer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ku
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
didn't one just finished last week?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Brodeur
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
too bad GC are not allowed.. I want to shrink my collection and others want to enlarge it. It would be a win win. I also have friends that begin with gaming and they would love to throw in GCs and get new games.

EDIT: I noticed 1 GC was allowed in the past. Why isn't it anymore? Was there complaints about it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morning! I'm not seeing this trade on the OLWLG yet, i'm only seeing:

"July" 2018 european math trade (by Base the Bass) 692 items 61 silly users

Math Trade Argentina: Octubre 2018 (by lolcese) 591 items 47 silly users

Mock Test Math Trade (by JeffyJeff) 16 items 5 silly users

October '18 US Math Trade (by waleslie) 2140 items 203 silly users

Wha happa?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Brodeur
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mPony wrote:
Morning! I'm not seeing this trade on the OLWLG yet, i'm only seeing:

"July" 2018 european math trade (by Base the Bass) 692 items 61 silly users

Math Trade Argentina: Octubre 2018 (by lolcese) 591 items 47 silly users

Mock Test Math Trade (by JeffyJeff) 16 items 5 silly users

October '18 US Math Trade (by waleslie) 2140 items 203 silly users

Wha happa?

It's under no-shipping (a mistake I assume)
try CTRL-F and tupe Canadian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Per aspera ad astra.
badge
I'm complately nermal.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone enlighten me on this Canada Post free shipping promotion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu brown belt under Bruno Fernandes.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
puggeroni wrote:
Can someone enlighten me on this Canada Post free shipping promotion?

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/business/shipping/free-ship...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to participate, but the deadline almost directly overlaps the active no-ship trade for HalCon (and the one day difference I'll be in Scotland). Next time, maybe ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
White Rabbit
Canada
Qc
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QUick question from a newbie: Are you assured that if your game goes away, you receive 1 in return or is it possible that in the end you have to give multiple games and receive only 1 game? (Aka how to insure a certain value)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Riseborough
Canada
Leduc
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
imthewhiterabbit wrote:
QUick question from a newbie: Are you assured that if your game goes away, you receive 1 in return or is it possible that in the end you have to give multiple games and receive only 1 game? (Aka how to insure a certain value)?

Every time you trade an entry away, you will 100% get one back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis M
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trades are strictly one 'listing' for another one 'listing' (generally, but not always 1 game). You'll always send out and receive an equal number of listings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
White Rabbit
Canada
Qc
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the answer.

Now, hat brings me to think of another question:

Scenario:

I have: game A of 1000$ value and game B of 10$ value listed.

If I am interested in 2 games, let say game C worth 1000$ and game D worth 5$. Is there a protection to make sure my game A does not get traded for game D, and let say the others 2 dont get traded? Or am I stuck to trade stuff only of similar value if I want the trades to be fair (let say to 20-30% difference)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andi sea
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
imthewhiterabbit wrote:

Scenario:

If I am interested in 2 games, let say game C worth 1000$ and game D worth 5$. Is there a protection to make sure my game A does not get traded for game D, and let say the others 2 dont get traded? Or am I stuck to trade stuff only of similar value if I want the trades to be fair (let say to 20-30% difference)?

In Step 4 of the OLWLG, you choose which games you would like to trade for each of your games. So, in your example, you would place a checkmark in the intersection of your Game A and Game C. You would not place a checkmark beside Game A and Game D. The system will only trade for what you have checked off - so it would only trade Game A with Game C. Does that make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter L
Canada
Markham
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
imthewhiterabbit wrote:

Scenario:

You'll have a matrix you fill that you can decide which games you are willing to give up your item for or not. So, you an decide to only give up game A if you are getting game C back and nothing else, for example.

Here's a good tutorial: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/41218/math-trades-and...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lutz
Canada
Chilliwack
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AB76 wrote:
imthewhiterabbit wrote:

In theory, you should get a game back. Maybe 1% of the time the sender doesnt follow through, but rest assured that the Admins make a resolution happen.

Just my experiance (unfortunately)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
White Rabbit
Canada
Qc
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I followed RRT math trade explanations and started putting hyperlinks for sweeteners, nut I just realized his might not be accepted here? Are links to other games/expansions allowed? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lutz
Canada
Chilliwack
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Volt26 wrote:
too bad GC are not allowed.. I want to shrink my collection and others want to enlarge it. It would be a win win. I also have friends that begin with gaming and they would love to throw in GCs and get new games.

EDIT: I noticed 1 GC was allowed in the past. Why isn't it anymore? Was there complaints about it?

Does anyone know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
White Rabbit
Canada
Qc
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mancora wrote:
AB76 wrote:
imthewhiterabbit wrote:

In theory, you should get a game back. Maybe 1% of the time the sender doesnt follow through, but rest assured that the Admins make a resolution happen.

Just my experiance (unfortunately)

Wow, that is sad . Hopefully it doesnt happen anymore and you had that 1 experience that will be the exception .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A
Canada
Vaughan
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
imthewhiterabbit wrote:
Also, I followed RRT math trade explanations and started putting hyperlinks for sweeteners, nut I just realized his might not be accepted here? Are links to other games/expansions allowed? Or am I doing something wrong?

It says not to put links from other games because they might be mistaken as sweeteners... you can still add a link if you're adding it as a sweetener.
Make sure you're using the Insert Geek Link drop down menu and choosing the right category.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mancora wrote:
Volt26 wrote:

Does anyone know?

I have no specific insight into this decision, but as a theory I do recall that in ~3 of the last 4 trades (maybe more) there have been cases of gift card arbitrage, putting extra work into Ox's hands as he's had to go back and manually edit want lists, rerun trades, etc... (a prime example of 1 or 2 people ruining it for everybody?).

If I were Ox, I'd probably come to the same intervention as an attempt to make my job easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Per aspera ad astra.
badge
I'm complately nermal.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone explain arbitrage (what it is/how it applies) to me? I've read the definition but I just don't "get it" in regards to math trades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A
Canada
Vaughan
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
puggeroni wrote:
Can someone explain arbitrage (what it is/how it applies) to me? I've read the definition but I just don't "get it" in regards to math trades.

If someone gives up a $5 gift card and asks for a $10 gift card in return on their wants list... that is arbitrage.
If someone gives up a game and wants back the same game + expansion... that can also be considered arbitrage.

Doesn't apply to you unless you are the one to do it.

You're fine if you offer a gift card for a game in return or offer a game for any gift card in return (EXCEPT in this math trade where gift cards are not allowed)... and you're fine with offering a game that's valued at $10 and want a game valued at $80 in return (there's little chance it'll happen).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Per aspera ad astra.
badge
I'm complately nermal.
mbmbmbmbmb
I always wondered how it would be possible to manipulate trades, and now I know. Thank you!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] |