Recommend
16 
 Thumb up
 Hide
1413 Posts
[1]  Prev «  53 , 54 , 55 , 56 , 57  | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Experimental - Corruption WereWolf - Day 3, Wolf Cub, 1 Enlightener Down rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rhanddom, if you have these kinds of concerns in the future, I would urge you to take it straight to private discussions. You may not see it as fighting words, but I think you're in the minority on that.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
TheFallen wrote:
Rhanddom, if you have these kinds of concerns in the future, I would urge you to take it straight to private discussions. You may not see it as fighting words, but I think you're in the minority on that.
That is a reasonable request, irrespective of what the majority thinks. Might even have been a better call on this occasion; I'll have to think about that. Certainly I could have started with a private message and given you an opportunity to reply, maybe ask you to post a clarification, stuff like that. Thanks for keeping it chill.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eeyore
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a terrible way to read Korte FWIW.
badge
Korte is STILL a black hole on d3.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheFallen wrote:
Rhanddom, if you have these kinds of concerns in the future, I would urge you to take it straight to private discussions. You may not see it as fighting words, but I think you're in the minority on that.

Thumb not because I see privilege checks as fighting words, but because I think it is perfectly reasonable to want such stuff to start in GMs. There are definitely cases where public discussion is warranted, but I think it's reasonable to nudge someone privately before taking it to thread (which is a face threat, whether or not it's intended to be).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kortemaki wrote:
TheFallen wrote:
Rhanddom, if you have these kinds of concerns in the future, I would urge you to take it straight to private discussions. You may not see it as fighting words, but I think you're in the minority on that.

Thumb not because I see privilege checks as fighting words, but because I think it is perfectly reasonable to want such stuff to start in GMs. There are definitely cases where public discussion is warranted, but I think it's reasonable to nudge someone privately before taking it to thread (which is a face threat, whether or not it's intended to be).

You only think it isn't fighting words because of your priviledge.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Send In The Clowns!
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Mighty Pirate
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheFallen wrote:
Maque Choux

8-ears sweet corn, cut from the cob
1-large yellow onion, large dice
6 cloves-garlic, small dice
2-red bell peppers, large dice
1 pound-okra, slices
1-28oz can crushed tomatoes
1-bunch italian (flat) parsley, minced
2 tbs-cajun seasoning mix, I prefer Chachere's creole seasoning
2 tbs-vegetable oil
1 pound-sliced andouille (or turkey bacon if you're kosher)

High heat large stock pot. Add oil and onion, cook for 4 minutes. Add sausage/bacon, cook for 4 minutes. Add corn, cook for 4 minutes. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add seasoning, cook for 30 seconds. Add okra and peppers and tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes at least. You may need to add some water to thin the broth. You may also want to check the seasoning level and adjust to your tastes.

Love you, Syntax. kiss

Love you too man. For the record you were the person I ended up bumping to 7 on N1 which was mildly bittersweet as when it came out you were the other mason. It was fun while it lasted though.

And for everyone else, this recipe is amazing.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
TheFallen wrote:
Kortemaki wrote:
TheFallen wrote:
Rhanddom, if you have these kinds of concerns in the future, I would urge you to take it straight to private discussions. You may not see it as fighting words, but I think you're in the minority on that.

Thumb not because I see privilege checks as fighting words, but because I think it is perfectly reasonable to want such stuff to start in GMs. There are definitely cases where public discussion is warranted, but I think it's reasonable to nudge someone privately before taking it to thread (which is a face threat, whether or not it's intended to be).

You only think it isn't fighting words because of your priviledge.
I like your sense of humor, Shush. Also, I think you're right; that did verge upon fighting words, and I could have handled it better.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Syntax3rror wrote:
TheFallen wrote:
Maque Choux

8-ears sweet corn, cut from the cob
1-large yellow onion, large dice
6 cloves-garlic, small dice
2-red bell peppers, large dice
1 pound-okra, slices
1-28oz can crushed tomatoes
1-bunch italian (flat) parsley, minced
2 tbs-cajun seasoning mix, I prefer Chachere's creole seasoning
2 tbs-vegetable oil
1 pound-sliced andouille (or turkey bacon if you're kosher)

High heat large stock pot. Add oil and onion, cook for 4 minutes. Add sausage/bacon, cook for 4 minutes. Add corn, cook for 4 minutes. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add seasoning, cook for 30 seconds. Add okra and peppers and tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes at least. You may need to add some water to thin the broth. You may also want to check the seasoning level and adjust to your tastes.

Love you, Syntax. kiss

Love you too man. For the record you were the person I ended up bumping to 7 on N1 which was mildly bittersweet as when it came out you were the other mason. It was fun while it lasted though.

And for everyone else, this recipe is amazing.

You were so quiet I was sure you were the wolf in your pool. I always mix up at least 1 good special for a wolf.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
She's expressed regret that she had an outburst about it in game (and, I may be wrong here), I think some of that regret is because she was evil.
You are wrong here. None of the regret had anything to do with my alignment. It has everything to do with when I stick up for myself and I actually say or do something about it then I feel like shit afterwards. Only this time I had a blow up when I should have just stated my case in a more civilized manner, but likely still would have felt like shit.

Clearly, something is going on with me... I did something stupid in the heat of the moment and I shouldn't have. It's embarrassing. Also it has brought up thoughts I wished weren't true. I certainly should vent/chat in the Mental Health tread about those issues, but I think I'd end up not doing so due to it being a public forum.

I had a bit of a busy day and ending up annoyed because my computer took forever doing the upgrade... I certainly wasn't going to try to post anything on my smaller screens. And now I've run out of time for the day.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys! Had a couple of people ask me if I had thoughts about what went down, and I had a few! I'll do them in separate posts for ease of continued discussion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've reached the point that I firmly believe that once replacement is brought up for a seat, that person should not continue in the game. It just brings too much meta into that seat. I agree that evil did great from what I saw and deserves the win here, but I also agree that xand's seat avoided a lot of pressure that it likely would have gotten otherwise because of the replacement stuff.

Better to just let someone else in and try to evaluate from scratch when emotions and replacement meta to that level are introduced.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Accusations of problematic behavior should be made in a matter that won't lead to polarization. There's a large chunk of people that are sexist because of personal attacks and overreactions made by people that are trying to reduce sexism.

Approach with compassion, not accusation. And don't do it publicly, especially when you're unsure of motivations.

And to be honest, I think that things like this are better done by people in/adjacent to the disenfranchised group anyways. I know I'm not exactly a representative sample, but I get more annoyed by people white knighting to my defense than what people originally say most of the time.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that it's right for us to make judgments about whether or not others should play. If I don't like the way that someone chooses to play in games, I don't play with them. Right now, that means I don't play at all, and I'm largely fine with that.

However, I think that people need to be responsible for moderating their own behavior and knowing when they don't have the time or are in the right headspace to play. And if you know you're particularly sensitive about a particular issue, don't put yourself in situations where you don't think you can control yourself, either by a) not playing unless you can regulate yourself or b) playing in a way that doesn't put you in those situations. In this case, b would be posting in a way that doesn't invite accusations that set you off.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not even sure what to write here, but something is nagging at me for closure or something. I had some time over the weekend to think about it, when I wasn't at work or game night, that is.

I have no desire to rehash or defend each and every point so I will stick to a couple that are still somewhat bothering me.

The important part is done, apologize... I planned to all along... I wanted to be sure it was from the right place, so I waited until after the game.

I do feel after a confrontation that disruptive to a game happens, all parties should refrain from continuing to talk about it until after the game ends. I now wished I kept the spoilered part of that post to myself ... A reply wasn't warranted and it just gave another speed bump to the game. I did all I could to take my own advice even though I felt I needed to defend myself.

Perspectives... I thought I had a bit of a grip on that concept... I certainly didn't mean anything to be passive-aggressive but yet in an emotional moment, it seemed to someone I was. As for some comments I read that have since been mentioned to not be about my gender, well, I did take it that way. I think Rhanddom has covered that bit just fine, so I'll just say a thank you and move on.

Another thing about the perspectives thing... Sometime over the weekend I realized why people thought it was a ploy... I did want a break from WW at the time, but I also know it will take a lot more for me to quit the game completely. Again about the emotion distracts me for the worst some much of the time. I didn't remember the next game I was in was set to start this soon.

I would like to say I did think about not playing it... there are a few games that I consider exception games, games I would 'break' my own rules for. Rainbow is one of them. If my work schedule was different than what it is, I would have dropped.

One more quick thing... back when WW first started there were many of us who believed that a player is responsible for that role/position until a replacement is found. It seemed like a lot of time went by but it really didn't, I just thought the Mod was having trouble finding a replacement so I decided to stick it out.

I wish not to start any arguments just wanted to post a couple things I had no spoons for over the weekend. Thank you.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  53 , 54 , 55 , 56 , 57  |