Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping they change their mind on allowing group pledges to reduce shipping costs, or find a way if we can get enough backers from down here, to get Aus/NZ backers a better deal on shipping. I really want to back this one, but I can't be paying €52 for shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolás Mutis Mesa
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
I'm pretty keen myself but, yeah, shipping is killer. How heavy is the game anyway? €40 to €52 is a game (or two) on its own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:

Thoughts?

Portugal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolás Mutis Mesa
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
Jhonyb wrote:
Portugal?

Oh my.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
52 EUR!!!!!

That's a hard pass unless they can work something out.

I guess it's better than ROTW... 200 EUR. Ouch. You'd need to really love eurogames....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is this game so expensive?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luigi 'bove' de feo
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jhonyb wrote:
Jimmydm90 wrote:

Thoughts?

Portugal?

We forgot in the table. It's the same like Romania.

About Australia and the prohibitive rest of the world. we are still in discussion with fulfillment centers over there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kareem Koh
Malaysia
Puchong
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Why is it free in Italy? Are you going to hand deliver each pledge personally?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MuddieFunkster wrote:
Why is it free in Italy? Are you going to hand deliver each pledge personally?

It's an Italian Job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mb
And?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
riccardo rodolfi
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there! As you probably know, we are an Italian company, as well as an Italian game distributor. We are going to use our distribution infrastructure, so we can offer Italian backers free shipping. For the rest of the world is not possibile, unfortunately. But don't worry, we are working to make some better deals for Australia and, possibly, Asia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elbove wrote:
Jhonyb wrote:
Jimmydm90 wrote:

Thoughts?

Portugal?

We forgot in the table. It's the same like Romania.

About Australia and the prohibitive rest of the world. we are still in discussion with fulfillment centers over there.

Why is Portugal shipping €4 more than Spain? makes little sense :\
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mb
blackworm wrote:
Hey there! As you probably know, we are an Italian company, as well as an Italian game distributor. We are going to use our distribution infrastructure, so we can offer Italian backers free shipping. For the rest of the world is not possibile, unfortunately. But don't worry, we are working to make some better deals for Australia and, possibly, Asia.

Thanks for the clarity, however it cannot cost you nothing at all to ship to backers in Italy surely? So you have to be subsidising the shipping yourself right? My point is, surely the money you are using to subsidise shipping in Italy, you could use to reduce shipping to countries like Australia. I'm sure Italian backers won't object to a nominal fee for shipping (say 5 EUR, which for a game of this weight is a bargain), you can then reduce the shipping to one of the more expensive regions. Just a thought. The higher shipping rates wouldn't sting so much if every region was paying something. I dunno, just seeing a '0' against one region seems a little disingenuous.

By the way - I'm not complaining about shipping to the UK which I think is reasonable. Just sticking up for my fellows in AU.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
riccardo rodolfi
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Paulo, it's due to the fee from the EU fullfilment service we are going to use. There's no much we can do on that, sorry

@Graham I know that. It was meant as an incentive for our usual customers, that are Italian. As for now, charging shipping to them would have a very bad impact, so we are actually looking for better shipping deals for Aus and Asia, we are confident to find them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I was expecting lower shipping prices since you are not allowing group pledges in any way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel C. Martinez
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol 140 Euro for Rest of the world. Are you delivering in person?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cédric V
Belgium
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hybry wrote:
Wow. I was expecting lower shipping prices since you are not allowing group pledges in any way.

I agree. In my view, a tier is missing allowing to buy 5 or 6 boxes (depending of the original packaging) for reducing the shipping cost.
I understand that they want to have something simple but if the campaign is not attractive for most of the world, there will be less backers. And less backers mean smaller print run and an higher cost at the end.
If we go on kickstarter, I think that we have to be ready to sell the game all over the world at an attractive price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blackworm wrote:
For the rest of the world is not possibile, unfortunately.

I've not seen that high world wide shipping prices until now. Maybe another fulfillment service than your current one for the world (even one you're using for another country) one would be better to use?

Maybe check "VFI: Asia" for, well Asia, but also the world?

blackworm wrote:
But don't worry, we are working to make some better deals for Australia and, possibly, Asia.

Isn't the campaign starting today?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
o0FrenchFrog0o wrote:
In my view, a tier is missing allowing to buy 5 or 6 boxes (depending of the original packaging) for reducing the shipping cost.

The reason is to discourage retailers to pledge, so that backers have an "exclusive" 6 months of play before others can buy the game. To that end, also discourage people buying multiple copies cheap and sell them at a super high price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeloW06 wrote:
o0FrenchFrog0o wrote:
In my view, a tier is missing allowing to buy 5 or 6 boxes (depending of the original packaging) for reducing the shipping cost.

The reason is to discourage retailers to pledge, so that backers have an "exclusive" 6 months of play before others can buy the game. To that end, also discourage people buying multiple copies cheap and sell them at a super high price.

In theory I appreciate the though, but i dont think this is the best way to solve the problem. Secondary market will still be there, just the games there will be that much more expensive as more will have to be recovered in costs. Plus the 6 month embargo on retail likely will further exaggerate the problem. As usual there will be hype when KS games arrive so people that missed out will want to get the game and the only way is second hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hybry wrote:
Secondary market will still be there, just the games there will be that much more expensive as more will have to be recovered in costs. Plus the 6 month embargo on retail likely will further exaggerate the problem. As usual there will be hype when KS games arrive so people that missed out will want to get the game and the only way is second hand.

Yeah, I expect especially in countries with low, or even no shipping costs (not AUS, lol) a lot of extra exclusive copies will be bought to sell later on for a big profit. That's the KS exclusive deal. It helps the company to sell more games and others to make a good profit. Not sure that counts as a win win situtation, but that's what'll happen here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert McVie
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
badge
Time to Embark!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch..

will be watching with interest..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cédric V
Belgium
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BeloW06 wrote:
o0FrenchFrog0o wrote:

There will be always people willing to make business of it. But it will remain a really small share. I organize time to time group pledge when it is allowed because I am firstly interested by the game and to get it at a decent price. In that case, I advertise around me to know if people might be interested also. In most of the case, I have half of people which are joining would have backed the game anyway and another half because they have been convinced that it will be a good game and they can have it at a good price.
I join also sometimes group pledge for the same reasons: Not fully convinced by the game or too expensive for me. A group pledge could be the trigger for me for getting in.
It remains beneficial for both parties because the backers can reduce the cost and the editor get more funding.
I don't really care of the 6 months exclusivity. It is more interesting for the editor because it will create a hype when the game will hit retail stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.